How can I transfer existing game captures to a external drive? (Like USB 3.0 or other...

Discus and support How can I transfer existing game captures to a external drive? (Like USB 3.0 or other... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; (Like USB 3.0 or other methods? How am I able to always save my screenshots/videos to that drive? a9e8d38b-2103-4dac-aba5-821e217d1e23 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by KillerHawk, Oct 21, 2023.

1. KillerHawk
    KillerHawk Guest

How can I transfer existing game captures to a external drive? (Like USB 3.0 or other...

(Like USB 3.0 or other methods? How am I able to always save my screenshots/videos to that drive?

:)

KillerHawk, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Shaggy2000 Win User

Thanks Microsoft for the Xbox one project Scorpio but looks like something new is missing!

Just one question Sensi, why are you concerned about the USB 3.0 transfer rate?

The maximum transfer rate of USB 3.0 is roughly 640MB per second, that's much faster than most external hard drives can handle, even when they are also USB 3.0.

So what would be the point of putting in USB 3.1 or even 3.2 when there isn't yet any external hard drives that can transfer at those speeds?
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

External Hard Drive

External drives must be at least 256GB and support USB 3.0 on Xbox One. Slower USB 2.0 drives are not supported, ensuring data will transfer very quickly between your console and the drive.

Is it a USB 3.0 drive?

If you connect it to a PC is it recognized there?
  4. rocky619619 Win User

EXTERNAL HARDRIVE

Hi DemonHunter1978

USB powered external drives are what most people go with due to the portability. Generally, they are much smaller in size and you get can still get lots of storage. They are also cheaper.

Mains powered External drives are normally much larger in size, however they offer many features not present with your traditional external drive, such as:

A faster transfer rate

USB 2.0 and 3.0

Continuous backup

Encryption along with password protection

IMO, I would go with a USB powered external drive as it is cheaper, smaller and easier.

Remember that when deciding on a new external drive, Make sure that it uses USB 3.0 as the Xbox One has 3 USB 3.0 ports
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Usb

6. platinumacetric Win User

How do I perform a data transfer between two different Xbox One consoles? (Day One XB1 (500GB) to new COD XB1 (1TB)?

Easiest way is to attach a 500gb external USB 3.0 drive to the old console and move the data to the external drive, then connect that drive to the new console and transfer the data back, or just use the external
Thema:

1. How can I transfer existing game captures to a external drive? (Like USB 3.0 or other... - Similar Threads - transfer existing game

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  4. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  5. While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using a Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable can you transfer the hard drive content...: Then steel and titanium can I transfer my data off of my Xbox 360 hard drive to the newer Xbox gaming systems with a transfer cable 1d0531f7-9492-4396-8f97-37a494cb9e25
  6. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  7. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  8. Data transfer xbox one x to xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Data transfer xbox one x to xbox series x: Do I need to fully set up new xbox series x with all my preferences and profile before i data transfer all data and games from xbox one x? 5cc4cc55-65f5-4ccd-8c0d-766423885727
  9. Can Minecraft Dungeons be transfered?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Minecraft Dungeons be transfered?: Hello, I just bought Minecraft dungeons in the Steam library and I just wanted to know if I could transfer that game into the official Minecraft launcher where I can access all my Minecraft games...
  10. Transfer Xbox account to a already existing Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Xbox account to a already existing Microsoft account: Hi, I would like remove the xbox account from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and transfer the xbox account from *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...