How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?

Discus and support How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an old email that is no longer available to me. I would like to transfer the microsoft account associated with this email address to my account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dalton Sego, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Dalton Sego
    Dalton Sego Guest

How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?

I have an old email that is no longer available to me. I would like to transfer the microsoft account associated with this email address to my account on my current email, if possible.

:)

Dalton Sego, Feb 21, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

To switch your Xbox account to a current email address that you use, you can follow these steps:

Go to the Microsoft Account website and sign in with your outdated email account: https://account.microsoft.com/

Click on the "Your info" tab and then click "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft".

Under "Account aliases", click "Add email" and add your current email address.

Verify your current email address by following the instructions that are sent to it.

Once your current email address is verified, go back to the "Your info" tab and click "Manage your sign-in email or phone number".

Click "Add email" and add your current email address again.

Set your current email address as the primary email address by clicking "Make primary" next to it.

Follow the instructions to verify your email address.

Sign in to your Xbox console using your new email address and password.

Your Xbox account should now be associated with your new email address.

If you encounter any issues during this process, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  3. Darkest Sanity Win User

Changing email addresses on a profile .

I currently have an active live account. I want to switch my email to my primary email that I check all the time. How do I go about switching my emails over so it shown on my console. Do I need to create a new account and swap my profile over to it?
  4. STHolt Win User

Account tied to old email...and more issues

There isn't just some easy way to delete the other account tied to my current email and then switch my current gamer tag over to my current email? I see how these other methods would work, but adding another new account and then waiting 30 days to try to
    change things again seems a bit ridiculous. I can access both accounts, why is there no option to just delete and account.
  5. Verachi Win User

Gamertag setup using my e-mail without permission

As far as I know you cannot deactive a gamertag. What you can do is free your work email from that gamertag. I'm not sure if it will stop the emails from coming in, but it will free your email from that account/gamertag. If this doesn't stop the emails
    I guess you could block MS from sending you emails.

=

Steps on how to switch the email associated with the gamertag.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

transferer un compte (transfer an account)

Hello JVDC1,

We understand that there is an email currently in use for your Xbox account that you would like to remove from your association.

Please attempt to follow our how to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
    support article for information on how to switch the primary email for the account.

Doing this would allow you to remove the email, and then delete the account associated with that email.

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use? - Similar Threads - switch account outdated

2. i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...: i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still have access to my games please help i have tried changing my password and contacted support both haven’t...
  3. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  4. My microsoft account on minecraft switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My microsoft account on minecraft switch: Hello, could I know why I am suspended from multiplayer and if not how long until it will no longer be suspended? 700b8bb1-a441-4bd7-a774-9a361a249259
  5. Hello, I just got an Xbox 1 today and I have a lot of skins on my switch account, and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, I just got an Xbox 1 today and I have a lot of skins on my switch account, and I...: Hello, I just got an Xbox 1 today and I have a lot of skins on my switch account, and I want to be able to have the same skins on my new Xbox Account, is that possible?...
  6. How to have a mincrasoft and Nintendo switch account in Minecraft for switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to have a mincrasoft and Nintendo switch account in Minecraft for switch: "Can't join cross-platform Minecraft server on Switch. It asks for both Microsoft and Nintendo accounts. Need help signing in with both accounts ." e149d864-e755-432f-9c38-a432440daaf9
  7. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  8. Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...: I got a new Xbox and got a Xbox account set up but it won’t let me create/add a Minecraft account that I already have it just makes a new one for me but that is not what I want can you help...
  9. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  10. Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account: when my daughter migrated her account we had switched her to my email, but i want to switch the microsoft account linked with her minecraft java account over to hers so i no longer get the emails...