How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off?

Discus and support How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I am using my Xbox and my tv gets turned off for whatever reason, my Xbox will automatically shutdown. Is there a way I can turn this off?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anthony Pasqualetti, Jan 2, 2024.

1. How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off?

When I am using my Xbox and my tv gets turned off for whatever reason, my Xbox will automatically shutdown. Is there a way I can turn this off?

:)

Anthony Pasqualetti, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Antonio P, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing, you may have activated control over other devices, if so, follow the steps below:

Xbox Series

This feature can be turned on and off through the TV & A/V Power Options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Display & TV options > TV & A/V power options.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...-cec#:~:text=This functionón se can activate, from%20TV%20y%20A%2FV

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. JonHege Win User

Xbox stops sending audio to stereo after I turn off TV

If I am playing music from the native XBOX Groove app, the music will keep playing to my stereo even if I turn my TV off.

But not so if I am streaming the music from Apple TV into XBOX HDMI in. Music stops when TV goes off.

Thanks
  4. voteDC Win User

How do I stop my Xbox 360 from turning off when I turn my TV off?

Go to System Settings, Console Settings, Startup and Shutdown and make sure that you don't have Auto-Off enabled.

Also check your TV settings. Many sets have an option to turn off devices connected via HDMI when the TV itself is turned off. Your television may also have this option.
  5. PGz Duffman Win User

If you are using HDMI, the xbox restarts if you turn off your screen or change the channel.
  6. FilletMcSlay Win User

Thanks for the replies, but none of them have worked. My Xbox doesn't exactly lose power, I think it goes into some sort of sleep. The power button is lit, but when I turn my console back on, like I said, it just restarts.
Thema:

1. How can I stop my Xbox from turning off if my tv gets turned off? - Similar Threads - stop turning off

2. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  3. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  4. When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops: Hello. I download the game and when I turn off the Xbox, the download stops. I made all the settings for downloading, but it didn't work. I even reset the console, but it still didn't work. Can...
  5. How to stop my controller turning off when watching something with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop my controller turning off when watching something with headset: I can sit and watch an hour long YouTube video and it will never turn off but any streaming app IE netflix, BBC iPlayer, prime video my controller will turn off every 15 mins or so, it was never...
  6. Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stops working in games after it turns off from being idle for to long but...: When the controller turns off while in a game i lost control over the controller in several games such as apex, dead island 2,call of duty black ops 3 and several other games please test this....
  7. How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my TV from turning on after I turn off my Series X?: I have a Samsung HDTV and every time I turn off my Series X console and press the power button on the TV remote, the TV turns off for a brief second and automatically turns back on. When I change...
  8. Does anyone know how to get Warzone To stop crashing in freezing and turn it off the whole...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to get Warzone To stop crashing in freezing and turn it off the whole...: Warzone Keep freezing and crashing my Xbox series X I tried everything that Activision have online and everything that Microsoft had online nothing is working do anybody have a solution...
  9. My Xbox Series S are taking too much to stop making noises and completely turn off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S are taking too much to stop making noises and completely turn off.: My Xbox Series S are taking too much time to turn completely off. He takes 1 minute to stop making noises and completely turn off. Is this normal? And I use the economic mode....
  10. Turn off melee attack in games.? Cant stop accidentally pressing it when playing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turn off melee attack in games.? Cant stop accidentally pressing it when playing.: Everytime I go to fire I melee instead and die. I want to turn that button completely off.. Giving up melee will cost me 3 kills a game.. but it going off all the time is costing me 20. Will the...