How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage...

Discus and support How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son keeps making purchases with oh my permission. Can I stop this on my phone (linked to his account) rather than going on his Xbox?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Emma Chaplin-Stephens, Aug 20, 2023.

1. How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage...

My son keeps making purchases with oh my permission. Can I stop this on my phone (linked to his account) rather than going on his Xbox?

:)

Emma Chaplin-Stephens, Aug 20, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage this from my phone rather than me get on his Xbox?

Hi Emma *.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you.

Yes there is a different app that you can download to your phone called Xbox Family Settings app this app is not for all the regions available, you can check from your phone available for the App Store and Google Play:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/family-settings-app

Thanks,
    Mauro
  3. Knowitall(2) Win User

How can I stop son from purchasing.

Only "Child Accounts and Teen Accounts" accesses can be altered by the "Parental Account." If the account your child uses was set up as an "adult account" the only way to block access is to monitor your child's activity yourself.

For information regarding parental settings/child settings please see this link to the Xbox Support page relating to these options:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
  4. KindGryphon Win User

My 11 year old son purchased v-bucks without my permission,how do I go about camcelling this purchase and getting a refund

5. dakanaton Win User

Buying Xbox Live 12 month sub for my child on his profile

My son purchased his xbox live access at Walmart then entered the code on the website. I don't know how it's done online. The part that seems common among everyone is the linking of the two profiles-the one on the xbox and the one created when parents
    give their permission. To do that: without logging in to your xbox select download profile on that screen. You can then use that profile to play online. My son had the profile linking problem and downloading the profile fixed it.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Can I refund purchases that my kid made without my permission

Hi there Cordy, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you would like to apply for a refund, please visit the website mentioned below and log in with the Microsoft account used for the purchases:

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Please keep in mind that it may take up to 24 hours for the purchases to appear in the list of refundable orders. If you do not see them, you may need to wait for that time and then check again.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage...

1. How can I stop my son from making purchases on Xbox without my permission? Can I manage... - Similar Threads - stop son making

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. How I can cancel my diseased son’s subscription and stop paying for it ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How I can cancel my diseased son’s subscription and stop paying for it ?: How I can cancel my diseased son’s subscription and stop paying for it? ed596ed3-2a8c-4b8c-8f65-69f921007ba8
  5. How can I get my gamertag to stop going on the xbox when I need my sons on there ..it keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my gamertag to stop going on the xbox when I need my sons on there ..it keeps...: I'm having a problem with trying to put epic games account on it since he has fortnite from Nintendo switch it keeps putting my gamertag when it finds console and its through his epic account.how...
  6. My son xbox mini fridge stop working . It's blinking and fan doesn't work try to turn but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son xbox mini fridge stop working . It's blinking and fan doesn't work try to turn but...: My son xbox mini fridge stop working . Blink green on top and fan doesn't spin nomore 0115569e-8484-458d-a407-1f2fb89af573
  7. Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.: My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games purchased on there. To cut a long story short,...
  8. I want to stop my son from downloading free games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to stop my son from downloading free games.: I want to stop my son from downloading free games on Xbox game pass. Is this possible? I’ve set up his own account and put all the age restriction on it. I’ve stopped him downloading paid for...
  9. Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant stop my 8 yo son from getting online: My son has an xbox 360 and we got him an xbox 1 for xmas. I used my live account from the 360 to sign into the xbox 1, and added my 8yo son, I had no option but to create him a live account which...
  10. XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my ...: I don't have a problem with him on Xbox 360 Live and paying for that, but he is downloading a bunch of maps and games now that cost over $2 per..and a $16 game. If he would ask, I would probably...