How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

Discus and support How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matthew landry, Apr 19, 2024.

1. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick in a random direction it stops. This happens at random times though. I even switched controllers to a newer controller I haven't used yet and the issue still occurs. Is there anyway I can fix this other than checking for an update? I already did that!

:)

matthew landry, Apr 19, 2024
  2. matthew landry Win User

Thanks for the quick response, but I have already tried that multiple times on both controllers an the issue still isn't resolved. Is there any other way I can fix this?
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Matthew, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App?

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

On the same app, you can recalibrate the controller as well.

Select Recalibration options.

Select the specific thumbstick you want to recalibrate (left or right).

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the recalibration.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-calibration-tool

Let me know if it works!
  4. killjoy D22 Win User

controller fix

is your controller doing random inputs and double inputs? mine started yesterday
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

What I would do is to exit Steam completely when you are playing an Xbox app game.
    While I can understand that, it shouldn't really be be necessary. If Steam is configured correctly it will not interfere with games from other Launchers, including the Xbox App.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

.....but while playing an emulated game, my right stick inputs will be used to control my mouse, with the triggers counting as clicks. This will happen while I play Forza as well, causing my mouse to venture to my second monitor and make games unplayable. I updated the app through the Xbox accessories app and it has yet to be fixed.
    Sounds like you've got your controller set up as a mouse in Steam. This would explain the behaviour of the buttons as mouse clicks the cursor going over to the second display.

Open Steam. Click on the 'Steam' menu option and go to Settings

[​IMG]

On left hand side, select Controller and in the NON-GAME CONTROLLER LAYOUTS click Edit.

[​IMG]

This is my layout. As you can see, it's disabled. I'm not using my controller as a mouse or as mouse-keyboard setup. If you click on the profile you'll come to another screen (see second screen shot further down)

[​IMG]

In YOUR LAYOUTS see if you have a disabled layout if not, you can open your current layout and disable it.

[​IMG]

If it looks like this, you've got a controller-keyboard config set up. All of the options need to be removed or the profile needs to be deleted.

[​IMG]

You can delete a profile by left clicking on it and choosing delete. Or, you can modify it manually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs? - Similar Threads - stop controller doing

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?: Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing works. I don't have an ease of access option on...
  4. How do I stop my Elite 2 controller from disconnectimg during boss fights

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Elite 2 controller from disconnectimg during boss fights: This controller works fine until a busy section...like a boss fight. Then it disconnects unless I plug it in using cable. 0e2a9714-e40b-4c32-9969-4beb55a19cfc
  5. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  6. How do I stop my Xbox controllers from disconnecting and reconnecting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controllers from disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello, so I have an Xbox one X and my 3 controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting after 5 seconds. It has been happening since I connected my phone and my controller for cloud gaming, I’ve...
  7. All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my controllers stopped working on my PC, what do I do?: Whenever I'm playing a 2d platformer on my PC, I pretty much need to use a controller, its just how I play. A couple of months ago however, my controller stopped working on my PC; All of my...
  8. My right paddles on my elite controller stopped working how do I fix this issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right paddles on my elite controller stopped working how do I fix this issue: My paddles on the right side of my elite controller stopped working I hear a click when pressing down and they are mapped but there’s no action my left 2 work just fine how do I fix this issue...
  9. How do I make both controllers stop acting as one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I make both controllers stop acting as one?: Both of my controllers are acting as one. Copilot is off as well. I’m trying to play Star Wars Jedi survivor and my daughter likes to act like she’s playing so I usually turn her controller on...
  10. Account Suspensions are out of control. Stop letting Microsoft do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Suspensions are out of control. Stop letting Microsoft do this: Microsoft is seriously getting out of control with their comms and account suspensions. Why do we let them get away with this complete nonsense after how much we pay for their systems, games, and...