How can I send a digital game from my account to my grandson's?

Discus and support How can I send a digital game from my account to my grandson's? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a Minecraft xbox game for my grandson's birthday. I did not know it was digital because I have no experience with gaming. Now that I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jeff Ressel, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Jeff Ressel
    Jeff Ressel Guest

I purchased a Minecraft xbox game for my grandson's birthday. I did not know it was digital because I have no experience with gaming. Now that I recieved the game, how can I pass it on to my grandson? I cannot get anyone at microsoft to help

:)

Jeff Ressel, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Jeff R. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, it seems like you purchased the game for your Microsoft account.

However, I would like to ask if you used the “buy as gift” option, or did you click “buy” on the console or Xbox.com website.

You may want to double-check that by checking if Minecraft appears on your account order history:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

In case you purchased the game for yourself, you may want to ask for a refund and gift the game to your grandson's by going to the next link, clicking on the three dots and picking “buy as gift”.

Minecraft for Xbox:
    https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft/9MVXMVT8ZKWC

Before doing that, you may want to ask for a refund here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Note: In order for your son to redeem the game, your Microsoft account and his Microsoft account needs to be in the same region.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to any other one you may have.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Since the code has been redeemed, you can't. You can try contacting Amazon regarding a refund, but that may not be possible.
  4. Jeff Ressel Win User

I purchased the Minecraft game on Amazon not on Microsoft but I redeemed the code. How can I transfer the code to my grandson?
  5. Jeff Ressel Win User

I do want to request a refund so I can purchase for my grandson. But I do not know how to do it. It tells me I have no subcriptions which is true. I just want a refund for the digital game on my account. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. password **Removed**. Please help
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Hi, Jeff.

Thanks for clarifying that. However, it is important to clarify that codes already redeemed are not refundable.

As another fellow community user suggested, you could try contacting Amazon regarding the options you may have, but a refund isn't guaranteed.
Thema:

1. How can I send a digital game from my account to my grandson's? - Similar Threads - send digital game

2. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  3. Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont microsoft send me a shipping label: So, i sent back my xbox elite controller a month ago for repair as the trigger was broken and covered in the warranty. I then recieved my controller back, not fixed! So i start a live chat and...
  4. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  5. Xbox pass invites on PC sending me to Microsft store and not letting me join my friends game

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox pass invites on PC sending me to Microsft store and not letting me join my friends game: On windows 11, using the XBOX APP/HUB, my friend sent me an invite to play a game as he's on Xbox and I'm on pc, and upon accepting the invite it asks how I want to use the link (Invite) and only...
  6. I'm planning on sending my Xbox one s for repair but I wanted to know if it was free or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm planning on sending my Xbox one s for repair but I wanted to know if it was free or not...: I've had this for three years 1f86a25e-112b-44f2-87db-2c68d4348ae1
  7. When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...: [img] When I try to use voice to message text, it says error and an error triangle shows up d4d8113e-048e-4672-8491-f2562cd7ffc4
  8. Someone is sending me a bunch of bot followers and I’m afraid my account will get banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone is sending me a bunch of bot followers and I’m afraid my account will get banned: Someone sent me over 5000 bot followers and it’s still going and I’m afraid my account will get banned fc54852f-49ab-48c6-9489-6508acb40ea3
  9. Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?: Is there something wrong with my account that's blocking me from send a friend request? Please help me solve this issue 05ee4fb6-b8ba-4d95-b3d8-3cdcc043efa9
  10. So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...: I took it apart and there was nothing but the necessary things so I said "well, that is a broken HDMI port 95b9a624-d368-4269-81c0-89f1f46b5c7a