How can I resolve error code 0x87e50033 trying to start Fortnite?

Discus and support How can I resolve error code 0x87e50033 trying to start Fortnite? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting error code 0x87e50033 when I try to start Fortnite. I’ve tried restarting and reinstalling and it still won’t launch.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rain207028, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Rain207028
    Rain207028 Guest

I keep getting error code 0x87e50033 when I try to start Fortnite. I’ve tried restarting and reinstalling and it still won’t launch.

:)

Rain207028, Dec 27, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Please quit the game first and then follow the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  3. assasainjon Win User

Does anyone else have problems with fortnite after the update on Xbox

the error code is 0x87e50033
  4. rphintso Win User

How can I fix error code 0x87e50033?

Hi JosefLBohorquez! I will use this information and I was trying to download halo on a D: drive, I was able to have it downloaded on a D drive until it stopped working with an error message. I also saw someone else with the same problem but with Forza Horizon and someone said to do the same things you said except for the last couple of steps. He said to open up Windows Power Shell but that sadly didn't work.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RPHINTSO

Please tell me:
    Are you trying to download Halo to the C: drive? Or are you trying to download this game to a different drive than C:?
    And also, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

————
    In the meantime please try and double check this

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try installing Halo infinite using the Xbox app one more time
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

When you say the thing with power shell, do you mean reinstalling the gaming services?

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

—————

If yes, let’s try to isolate the issue a bit more:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
Thema:

1. How can I resolve error code 0x87e50033 trying to start Fortnite? - Similar Threads - resolve error code

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  4. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  5. How to resolve 0x80190193 error code on PC(Win11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve 0x80190193 error code on PC(Win11): Error code occurs partway through downloading games through the xbox app on PC(Win11). 9b327c7f-b702-4bf7-acb6-fd2069297a28
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?: I am having an issue launching Starfield on my pc. I keep getting a "error code 0x00000001" after 3 seconds of launch screen coming up. I have an Ultimate subscription. I have taken the following...
  8. How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 "

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 ": All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I have tried repairing, resetting, and...
  9. How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?: I recently bought PC Game Pass to play Forza, Flight sim, and other games. However when i went to download these games i encountered Error code 0x80070005. This happened when I attempted to...
  10. Resolve error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolve error code 0x87e00196: How do I Resolve error code 0x87e00196 afe8988a-e3d9-4450-a939-19757fe9b8b9