How can I recover game data after sharing my account with a friend ?

Discus and support How can I recover game data after sharing my account with a friend ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing Forza horizon 5 and shared my account with a friend so he could try out some cars, when i got back on the game later, it entirely reset... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sebastien Barthelemy, Jun 26, 2023.

1. How can I recover game data after sharing my account with a friend ?

I was playing Forza horizon 5 and shared my account with a friend so he could try out some cars, when i got back on the game later, it entirely reset all my data and I can’t find anything to get it back. All my achievements, stats and time played are still saved but the game reset. As a content creator with 109+ days played on that game, help would be highly appreciated.

:)

Sebastien Barthelemy, Jun 26, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Sebastien, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your save.

I'm afraid the only option you would have to try and recover your data may be to contact Forza Support via https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us. However, I did also want to mention that the sharing of accounts between multiple people is not allowed by Microsoft. It is also possible that your friend may have deleted the Cloud save while he had access to the account.
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

How can I recover my data or account

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Xbox account. I understand how frustrating this is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Kindly try to follow the instructions in the interactive tool using the link below in order to recover your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

If the steps above didn't work, proceed to reach out to Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case. Here's how to contact them:

Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time. You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. battlehawks Win User

console ban

This doesnt only affect me but my brothers aswell coz now we have to share 1 xbox between 3 of us. also i just read an article that said something about recovering accounts internationaly, i did recover my friends account with his pomission (check my messages
    and who i have played with) but only to test out a DLC before downloading it. After i finished i deleted the DLC and told my friend on his other account
  5. 𝕲𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖎 Win User

Three way game sharing?

That depends, can you describe the entire setup? Where are the three people located?
    So I have my account game sharing to my friends account, his account isn't game sharing to mine, so I was wondering if I can have my little brothers account game share to mine my account without it cancelling the game sharing I'm doing to my friends account.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

I'm having trouble with a game code, and when I try to contact xbox support they send me to microsoft tech and start a circle between sopports

Hello Andre,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how to recover a game license for Minecraft from an account that you do not have access to. If you own the account, you can always use our

support article to recover the account
    . It is not possible to transfer a game license from one account to another. The best option in this scenario is to recover the old account using the article we provided. If you are using an Xbox One, you can use

the home console feature
    to share the game to other accounts on your console after you recover the account. Be sure to let us know the results Andre!
Thema:

1. How can I recover game data after sharing my account with a friend ? - Similar Threads - recover game data

2. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  3. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  4. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  5. How do I recover about 100 lost games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover about 100 lost games?: Randomly a little while ago about 100 games randomly just disappeared despite the having the same amount of storage used as if they were there. I've tried a keep games and apps reset and a power...
  6. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  7. Can I recover a game key which was registered with Games for Windows Live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover a game key which was registered with Games for Windows Live?: Microsoft ended up supporting GFWL as we know. But registration information of retail games is still being hold within their database. I registered a game several years ago. I forgot my windows...
  8. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  9. Can I recover a save I deleted on my Xbox? I beat a game it was 100% synced and I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I recover a save I deleted on my Xbox? I beat a game it was 100% synced and I...: I think this game is lost but I had Assasins Creed Black Flag synced 100% beat the whole thing but accidentally deleted the profile thinking it was my exes because it was in his name and now I'm...
  10. Can i recover game save data if it was accidentally deleted from all Platforms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i recover game save data if it was accidentally deleted from all Platforms: Accidentally deleted my file for starfield. Been playing it from cloud gaming on my xbox one console. Got really far and I really don't want to to start from scratch. So, is there away to get my...