How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

Discus and support How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by GavindUA, Feb 19, 2024.

1. GavindUA
    GavindUA Guest

How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my sister started her own Microsoft (Xbox) account and we've been trying to play Minecraft while I am at college and she is at home, but we've been having technical issues.

To try and solve the issue, she bought an Xbox gift card so she could download Minecraft for her account, but we kept running into the same issue. Whenever we try to play Minecraft at the same time, a message pops up saying that only one console can play Minecraft at a time. I've tried designating a home Xbox and setting up my own security PIN, but none have worked in solving the issue.

However, on my Microsoft account I found a list of devices which were registered to my account which includes the Xbox One my sister is using to try and play Minecraft. I'm curious if un-registering that console from my account would fix the problem, but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

:)

GavindUA, Feb 19, 2024
  2. mikeethedude Win User

I've run into similar issues in the past. I found that logging out of the other Xbox should be enough. It's possible that your Xbox One automatically is signing into your account with a controller or on login. If your sister can try logging you out of the other Xbox first, then you should be able to play together! Good luck and happy gaming!
  3. Frederick TIPPET1 Win User

Cloud gaming (Xbox.com/play) doesn’t work on IOS.

My sibling also has the same problem and they are the one with the game pass ultimate.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Non-Game Dad needs help

Fortnite is a free game, and doesn't require any thing other an Xbox Live Gold subscription and internet in order to properly play it online. That game cannot be played at the same time on the same console, other wise known as being played 'split-screen'
    or 'couch co-op.' If you got your child an Xbox all they'd need to do is get and download Fortnite to be able to play it at the same time as their sibling.

Games cannot be transferred from one account to another. Once an account purchases a game or redeems a code for it, that account is the sole owner of the license for that game and it can't be transferred in the traditional sense, but can be shared through
    the usage of the Home Xbox feature. The account that owns the game needs to be logged into the Xbox you'd like to download Minecraft on, navigate to the settings menus, and under 'Personalization'... "My Home Xbox" should be an option. Once an account is set
    to be the Home Xbox all games owned by that account will be playable by that Xbox by virtually anyone else without them having to own it.

This link has a how to on how to set up a Home Xbox.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

Also, if you'd like more range of what your children can do online, what content can be shared online, and things like that... you should set up an Xbox Family. More details here.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/security/Family settings
  5. ICEMAN2576 Win User

Xbox game Sharing is not as good compared to Playstation

I dont know what your doing wrong...but i have 5 Xboxs' in my home i can access every game on every console i also share my gold with my oldest son(he has own gt)...he also has access to my entire gaming library...as long as your gt is on all consoles you
    have Access to YOUR games....how do u have them set up? As in do each of your siblings have their own gt an your trying to game share with them all?
  6. SammieChaos Win User

Is home xbox allowed

Thema:

1. How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account? - Similar Threads - play same game

2. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...: My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was...
  3. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  4. If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?: If I own a PC game and have an active XBox subscription, how can I play the same game? Gives me a message like can't play the game as someone already is attempting to play the game (even if there...
  5. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  6. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  7. Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...: I have the subscription for ultimate gamepass and I am trying to play my games on xbox cloud gaming it won't let me play because I need to "join with a code" or "add subscription" that i already...
  8. why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...: there no possible screenshot as it just goes back to the home page after trying to boot up the game ea819072-62a3-4da1-979f-c918ef8d48aa
  9. Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?: My brother and I are going on vacation soon but we can't bring our Xbox. We still want to play our Co-Op games (mainly LEGO games are the co-op ones we have), and we know remote play is a thing....
  10. Playing a game on two computers but on the same account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing a game on two computers but on the same account: Hey, I just wanted to know if you are able to play two games on two devices but on the same account at the same time. I have two computers (laptops) and would like to have my friend use one of...