How can I play Minecraft online on both my PC and Android device?

Discus and support How can I play Minecraft online on both my PC and Android device? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft three times - once on Android, once on Amazon App store, and once on PC. The PC version was first, and is set up using my Gmail... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RobMBaker, Sep 19, 2022.

1. RobMBaker
    RobMBaker Guest

I bought Minecraft three times - once on Android, once on Amazon App store, and once on PC. The PC version was first, and is set up using my Gmail account, but then the other two purchases obviously use the same email your account setup/association. So now, whenever I try to play online in a friend's world, only one of my devices can connect, the second one always gets an error about already being logged in.

I can play local-hosted games across the different devices, but not presumably anything that needs to connect via Xbox Live.

This is a woefully bad design flaw in such a popular game, so does anyone know how to go about getting a fix, even if that means getting one of my accounts moved to a new email address or something? That said, I would then probably lose all my marketplace content, so not ideal.

I asked Mojang support and they said it's Microsoft's fault, but I don't even know what avenue would work with Microsoft support...

Microsoft contributors, if you read this, please explain to me how you will fix this issue, as it seems distinctly unethical to get multiple sales out of people with the promise of crossplay, only to not deliver.

:)

RobMBaker, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

RobMBaker, you will be able to use the game on any platform you purchased.

But, only 1 device can be online at a time, and only you can use your account.

Are you sharing the account, is someone else using your account while you are online?

I'm waiting
  3. ArminatorX Win User

I lost a Minecraft world when I got back on

What platform are you playing Minecraft on? Xbox One, PC, mobile devices (iOS, Android) or Switch?

Were you connected online when you were playing on the Xbox One, or have there been times where you played Minecraft offline?
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is it possible for two players to play minecraft online without a subscription?

As ngocphi has stated, you do not need a subscription if playing on Android or PC to play Minecraft online together.
  5. PiyushKolte Win User

Xbox Privacy Settings

I Play Minecraft Pocket Edition on my android device , I don't have any xbox either . I tried to change it my pc but it still didn't work. I don't know why it happens.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Questions about Minecraft IAP

Hello, James.

The Minecraft license purchase is per platform.

Example: if you purchase Minecraft on Android, your son can play on any Android device. So, if he wants to play on Xbox, a new purchase is required.
Thema:

1. How can I play Minecraft online on both my PC and Android device? - Similar Threads - play Minecraft online

2. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  3. I need help playing Minecraft online again

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help playing Minecraft online again: I've been playing Minecraft online on my Xbox for years and it's had no problem but when I got a monthly game pass and it ended Minecraft just said something like "you can't play online because...
  4. Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends show as offline on Minecraft but my switch says that they are online playing Minecraft.: Hello! On my nintendo friends list, it says that my friends are playing Minecraft, but when I start playing Minecraft to join them, their name doesn't show up in my friends list and when I start...
  5. I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends: I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety. There is no "content restriction" site anymore on family safety. This is where It was recommended...
  6. minecraft online playing issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft online playing issue: Can someone help me? I have this minecraft world that me and my friend always used to play in and now suddenly he cant join my world because my world wont appear to him. And also I have him added...
  7. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  8. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  9. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  10. Can't play Minecraft online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Minecraft online: I've been able to play Minecraft online (servers and friend's worlds) with zero issues for a long time until I recently ran into an issue that doesn't make sense to me. My game pass subscription...