How can I lock my account but allow my daughter to still play downloaded games?

Discus and support How can I lock my account but allow my daughter to still play downloaded games? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought into the hype of being able to download games to the console and not buying the disk. My daughter recently wanted the Overwatch game, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Aaron Pataluna, Aug 31, 2022.

1. How can I lock my account but allow my daughter to still play downloaded games?

I bought into the hype of being able to download games to the console and not buying the disk. My daughter recently wanted the Overwatch game, and because her profile does not allow purchases I purchased it with my profile and downloaded it to the console. I have a passcode on my console so that my kids cannot log in and use my profile, but they are still able to log into their profiles. This works just fine for games that we have disks for. However, my daughter is not able to play Overwatch unless I log in first. Which means if she wants to play while I am not home I have to give her my passcode which completely defeats the point of having a passcode because it allows her access to a profile that I don’t have a screen time limit on, so when her screen time expires she just uses my account and plays for several hours until I get home from work. I need to know how I can lock my profile, but she can still play the games I have downloaded to the console as if she was just using the disk.

:)

Aaron Pataluna, Aug 31, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. BlockABoots Win User

Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??

Just to confirm we can BOTH use Xbox Live to play online at the same time, it doesn't only allow one person to play online at a time?

So on his Xbox I would need to sign into my account, then change his Xbox to the Home Xbox then sign back out, then he can sign in on his account and i can then sign back into my account on my own Xbox. I would still have access to all by purchased games,
    also Game Pass and Live and the same for my brother minus not actually being able to download his own Game Pass game as that would be locked to just me picking a Game Pass game and downloading it for him to access?

So do i need to be signed into my account all the time for him to download games i have downloaded and also play on Live, or can he still do that even with my console turned off?
  4. Grampy N 1 Win User

Minecraft problem with multiplayer - parental control?

I have the same problem on my Grand-daughter's account. Her settings are correct to allow Multiplayer on xbox.com. I can play Multiplayer but she can't.
  5. WPAK Win User

Two separate accounts

Hi there,

has your daughter's account set the console as Home console? To see if that will allow your son's account to play the games that were downloaded from the vault.

Setting a console as Home console will allow other profiles to use the game licenses connected to that account.

Be aware that this can only be set 3x per year for a account.

See the steps here:
    support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox

Let us know the results
  6. Melodia-Nocturne Win User

locked out of my microsoft/xbox account.

how am i able to do that when my account is locked? I can't even reach that page. I just get an error. they also never stated my account was permanently banned. they just said it was locked and I can still log into the Xbox app and play my games on the
    console I'm homed to. I'm not even sure if it is locked at this point.
Thema:

1. How can I lock my account but allow my daughter to still play downloaded games? - Similar Threads - lock account allow

2. Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?: I have an xbox account and i had xbox live up until now and i thought once that live runs out i would just be able to use my account offline and play free games like xbox advertises but no once...
  3. Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dreamlight valley rift in time account locked still: Dreamlight valley rift in time purchased but only one daughter can play it why ebc74364-fbca-4be9-9e95-b91e4fb0cac8
  4. My microsoft account is locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account is locked: Suddenly, my Microsoft account was locked, and when I tried to unlock it through a verification method, the only verification method that it showed me was sending a code to my phone number, so...
  5. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  6. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  7. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  8. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  9. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  10. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...