How can I let my brother play Minecraft Cross-Platform with me?

Discus and support How can I let my brother play Minecraft Cross-Platform with me? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my aunt said she was going to play Minecraft so she could cross play with my 7 year old brother (PS4) and I (PC) so I begun to investigate... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BubbaHealthy, May 22, 2022.

1. BubbaHealthy
    BubbaHealthy Guest

Recently my aunt said she was going to play Minecraft so she could cross play with my 7 year old brother (PS4) and I (PC) so I begun to investigate into it. To let my brother play online I made him a Microsoft account with my Dad's birthday so age restrictions wouldn't apply and a PSN account for his already parental controlled user. I lowered all the parental controls and even added him to my Microsoft family to make sure if any parental things did come up I could fix it. Anyways when I start Minecraft for him it says 'Some Playstation Network services will not work due to the age restrictions on this account' then if I go into add friend or join realms it says 'You cannot do this at this time' with a caption of 'You need permission' but I don't know where to grant him permission. I know I can invite him because it comes up on the TV when I invite on PC but he still can't accept it. I've also made him an Xbox Account and friended him. Please help.

:)

BubbaHealthy, May 22, 2022
  2. BubbaHealthy Win User

The problem is that I have set his birthday as older than 18 and his account registers no restrictions. I don't think it's his Microsoft Account because I already had some parental controls on his PS4 user but I've lowered all those. It just says he needs permission to play online. I know I'm being a bit of a nuisance not being able to offer normal answers but I just do not know what to do.

When I boot up Minecraft on our PS4 despite changing parental controls on both platforms it says 'Some Playstation Network features aren't available due to age restrictions'. I know this isn't a Playstation forum but I thought some gamers could offer some insight into the situation. It even says on his Xbox account he is older than 18 (I still managed to put child controls on though). I know I'm not really helping I just don't want to go to the effort of making another Microsoft account.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

We can double check and delete restrictions in case these are applied to the Microsoft account that you created for your brother.

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your PC
    Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18 on your brother's account, in case not. Change birth year
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
  4. shanenicholson374 Win User

Microsoft Account linked to PS4 account on Minecraft

I have linked my Microsoft account to my PS4 account in order to play cross platform minecraft. The issue is that I would like to play cross platform with my brother, who is playing using my Xbox One. My microsoft account is now associated with
    both my PS4 account and Xbox Live account, which means that we share a gamertag. For this reason I cannot add my Xbox account as a friend on Minecraft and cannot play cross platform. I attempted to resolve this issue by unlinking my Microsoft account from
    my PS4 account but this did not resolve the issue. I was unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PS4 account, a message informed me that my account was already linked to another and could not be linked again.
    Please can you make it free Minecraft Minecraft store PS4
  5. kingvas78 Win User

Xbox one needs a good poker game!

WSOP!!!!! BRING IT ON! If Minecraft and Pinball can cross platform........ lets get WSOP......

-

This is a very big deal for me... (love playing at Binions with the Cowgirls!!!)
  6. JakaSchiro Win User

Minecraft Bedrock PS4 multiplayer permissions

I can not play minecraft cross platform
Thema:

1. How can I let my brother play Minecraft Cross-Platform with me? - Similar Threads - let brother play

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  4. Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Microsoft Rewards set to auto redeem randomly, wont let me cancel even after doing so.: Alright so today I was looking at some gift cards on my Xbox One to see what I could get in the future, and I was looking at auto redeem, for some reason the 10$ Xbox Gift Card option was set to...
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. Xbox pass invites on PC sending me to Microsft store and not letting me join my friends game

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox pass invites on PC sending me to Microsft store and not letting me join my friends game: On windows 11, using the XBOX APP/HUB, my friend sent me an invite to play a game as he's on Xbox and I'm on pc, and upon accepting the invite it asks how I want to use the link (Invite) and only...
  7. I’m wrongfully suspended for 22 days while I was out doing errands, I let my brother play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m wrongfully suspended for 22 days while I was out doing errands, I let my brother play...: Well I checked the enforcement page and that didn’t do anything. It doesn’t even help. This cheater was running all hacks and cheats on my brother in ea fc while he was playing my account which I...
  8. GTA 5 won’t let me join my brother online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 won’t let me join my brother online: I just bought a new gta 5 game that includes online play because my brother used the one that I bought for my Xbox one. The console I am using is a series x. I downloaded it and I can play online...
  9. Wont let me join brother in LAN game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wont let me join brother in LAN game: Cant join when it shows his server is on but no world shows up to join Pls help me fix e8db35da-6918-4435-94c4-829862dd45be
  10. Umm so just the other day I let my inappropriate little brother online to play call of duty ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Umm so just the other day I let my inappropriate little brother online to play call of duty ...: I'm blocked from useing my emblem in cod black ops 2 cause my little brothers inanaproperate use of the emblem maker. He made the nazi symbol and i wasn't happy at all. I knew that if this happend...