How can I get my Xbox to pick up IPv6 when my router has it enabled?

Discus and support How can I get my Xbox to pick up IPv6 when my router has it enabled? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What am I trying to do is get my Xbox to use IPv6 instead of IPv4. I have read the Xbox support page on IPv6. I have also talked with my ISP (Internet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jay Harrison1, Aug 28, 2022.

1. How can I get my Xbox to pick up IPv6 when my router has it enabled?

What am I trying to do is get my Xbox to use IPv6 instead of IPv4. I have read the Xbox support page on IPv6. I have also talked with my ISP (Internet Service Provider) support and the router's manufacturer's support but to no avail.

In the router's settings, where it shows what all is connected to it, it shows my iPod Touch under a IPv6 address and all my other devices with IPv4 addresses. I just cannot seem to get my Xbox nor this PC to pick up on IPv6.

This is for the Series X. My router does support IPv6, as I have ensured that it is enabled in its settings. My ISP (Spectrum) also allows IPv6, as I have talked with their support and their website states they do.

:)

Jay Harrison1, Aug 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I don't think the release and renew option is going to work. Due to if you use one of the two options. Is going to affect only to the IPv4 on the console
  3. Jay Harrison1 Win User

I should have mentioned in the original, I do use a wired connection.

I disconnected the Ethernet cable and connected wirelessly, then went back to wired. No change.

I did the power cycle with both the Xbox and router, no change. I'm afraid those did not work,
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Do you not have the possibility to aks them a different router brand?

Are you able to see the Xbox in your router settings, right?
    Are you able to assign an static IPv6 address to the console? (In some cases you need to ask to the ISP a valid static address, putting a random usually does not work)
  5. Jay Harrison1 Win User

I talked with Spectrum, my ISP, and they said they cannot touch it since it's not a router sent by them.

Other developments I've stumbled across are:

• Under the router's IPv6 settings, 6rd Tunnel is disabled and the option to change that is greyed out.
    • Under Diagnostics, and under Internet Address, there are two rows. One lists IPv4 and its address and the other lists IPv6 and the address part is blank. Next to both of these is an option to Release and Renew. I've read a little about this but am a little cautious, so I wanted to know what you thought about that.
  6. Jay Harrison1 Win User

I greatly appreciated the effort you've put in to helping me so far.

I've tried the first option, clearing the MAC, and that didn't seem to work.

I have noticed a change though. In my router settings, where it shows what all is connected, it now shows all my devices under IPv6 address as well as IPv4 addresses. Until now, it only showed the IPv4 addresses. My Xbox however still continues to use the IPv4 address. Maybe this is something to work with? I will keep trying things.
Thema:

1. How can I get my Xbox to pick up IPv6 when my router has it enabled? - Similar Threads - pick IPv6 router

2. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Need help picking a new xbox controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need help picking a new xbox controller: So I've been through lots of regular xbox series x/s controllers and the most recent one got stick drift after about 4 months of use. Trying to find a xbox controller that can withstand the...
  5. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  6. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  7. Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement: Controller is able to turn on and off the console. But unable to move anything in Xbox Home screen. Only able to play disc games as Xbox loads directly into game. I have tried numerous times to...
  8. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  10. Why won't my series s pick up is set ipv6 but all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series s pick up is set ipv6 but all: Spoken to is and all good their side console won't budge 96190244-6b3d-4df2-bfb8-84fe035a39fa