How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox?

Discus and support How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My texts messages don’t go through to my friends. I’ve unplugged the router, restarted my Xbox 2 times and nothing works but I made another acc to see... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Tanner Wood1, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Tanner Wood1
    Tanner Wood1 Guest

My texts messages don’t go through to my friends. I’ve unplugged the router, restarted my Xbox 2 times and nothing works but I made another acc to see if it work and yes it does but my main account won’t work. What do I do next?

:)

Tanner Wood1, Apr 8, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Tanner! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues sending messages.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- Were you able to send messages before today?

- Are you able to send messages through the Xbox mobile app?

- May I ask exactly what happens when you try to send a message?

- Have you already checked you don't have any active enforcements on your account? you can see this at https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/enforcement-history

- Have you checked if "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" is enabled in your account's settings? you can see this at Settings > Account > Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Privacy > View details & Customize > Communication & Multiplayer.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. minighost king Win User

Messaging isn’t working on your account.

How can i text my friends if i can't send them a text on my xbox app that on my phone.
  4. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

Voice Communication between Xbox1 and 360

What eGX Thee Elf is true. if you need to get in touch with 360 buddy. How I do it from my 360 to my XBOX ONE friends. I either used the XBOX ONE SMARTGLASS if they are only a XBOX ONE friend. If they where a friend I made over the 360. I used text chat
    to them. This one other way you can go with if you do not want to used SKYPE as munching above.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Mass Messaging recent players shoud be added on the Xbox one

They already do just like on Xbox 360! Zero Divided. Go to your Privacy Settings on your Xbox 360 or Xbox 1 console or on this site, and there will be something like text and voice communication, set it to Friends Only. Only my Friends can view my Online
    status and Friends List and Bio. In the meantime, we can have a lol how Microsoft makes it difficult with their Windows 8 UI on Xbox 1 to mass message compared to the UI Xbox 360 consoles have. I could set mine to Friends Only for text communication, but I
    do want to send messages to peps who aren't on my friends list and want them to send some messages back. I do M2AF but not mass messaging.
  6. justplayitd Win User

suspension

thanks, i already did look. but i'm happy to say it either needs to pass through to the xbox faster, or i just needed to turn off and back on my xbox to update it. either way it worked and i can now talk and text with my friends.
Thema:

1. How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox? - Similar Threads - texts through friends

2. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  3. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  4. When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...: [img] When I try to use voice to message text, it says error and an error triangle shows up d4d8113e-048e-4672-8491-f2562cd7ffc4
  5. Does series x have a predictive text feature?

in XboX Insiders
    Does series x have a predictive text feature?: Hey yall so my ps5 remembers what ive typed in the past and the predictive text uses that knowledge when predicting what im gonna type, which is super handy in games like fallout where i can name...
  6. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  7. I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...: I've checked microsoft settings and xbox settings and couldn't find anything. 08cd519f-2de5-4ee7-9e18-8602489936e6
  8. Battle field 1 in Arabic (text only) on XBOX ONE I need help

in XboX Insiders
    Battle field 1 in Arabic (text only) on XBOX ONE I need help: I just got battlefield 1 from a store, and when I downloaded it it was in Arabic but I use translation app to help for voice only but I need to change text also any help will do submitted by...
  9. Can't send Messages through text

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't send Messages through text: i already went to the mcsft website to check accnt standing. I even spoke to a rep. We cant figure it out. Open nat settings receiving msgs works tried on different isp's and xbones...
  10. I can't communicate with anyone through chat or text?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't communicate with anyone through chat or text?: idk what happened I play couple days a week when I'm off work and other ppl play on my account through the days I work and watch Netflix etc, anyways I got on today hoping to play with couple...