How can I get my captured screenshots to show up on the Xbox app?

Discus and support How can I get my captured screenshots to show up on the Xbox app? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I took a bunch of screenshots yesterday and shared them, but they won't show up on the app. At least not all of them. I tried to reupload them, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MachaFish, Sep 14, 2023.

1. MachaFish
    MachaFish Guest

So I took a bunch of screenshots yesterday and shared them, but they won't show up on the app. At least not all of them. I tried to reupload them, and I get a message on my console saying they're already on the network. How can I get the rest of my captures to show up on the apps so I can hopefully post them to social media? Thanks in advance.

:)

MachaFish, Sep 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello MachaFish,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with your screenshots. There are a few possible reasons why your captures might not show up on the app, such as network issues, storage limitations, or app settings. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

- Make sure your console and your app are connected to the same network and have a stable internet connection.

- Check your capture settings on your console and make sure you have enough storage space for your screenshots. You can also delete some old captures that you don't need anymore to free up some space.

- Refresh the app by closing and reopening it, or by logging out and logging back in. Sometimes the app might not sync with the console automatically, so refreshing it can help.

- If none of the above steps work, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the app, or contact the app developer for further assistance.

Please see: Manage your game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve your issue and enjoy your screenshots. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day!
  4. Duckhunt-or-somethin Win User

Xbox app clips.

This did not resolve the issue, after enabling it I made sure to take a screenshot and clip on warzone and it did not show up on mobile, it did show up on my Xbox though, I refreshed my captures and the entire app too.
  5. alexkatbat Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

I was able to get older screenshots to load on my Xbox by sorting the results by screenshots and games, but the older screenshots still will not show up on the Windows Xbox console companion or Xbox app.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Why are my captures being lost within a few minutes?

Hello Veshkau84,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having problem with your saved screenshot in your Xbox Console. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

As per your description, you have enabled the automatic upload in your settings and the result of your uploads does not show or uploading the screenshot failed.

Here are the things to note when uploading screenshots in your Xbox console:

• You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach that limit, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.
    • Any game clip or screenshot that’s uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.
    • Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.
    • If you see a Warning icon next to a capture, that means that the game clip or screenshot is scheduled for automatic deletion. The expiration date is listed on the individual capture.
    • You can also view captures that are scheduled for automatic deletion by opening the Captures app, and then selecting the Expiring soon filter.

On the other hand, you can try backing up your game clips. See: Back up your game clips | Xbox Support

For your reference, see: Manage your game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. How can I get my captured screenshots to show up on the Xbox app? - Similar Threads - captured screenshots show

2. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. how do i view my xbox screenshots and captures on my pc? the option for captures doesnt...

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i view my xbox screenshots and captures on my pc? the option for captures doesnt...: xbox captures option doesnt exist in the pc app. 1fff2b33-520d-445d-828e-8f29333b102a
  6. My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox One S can't capture clips or recordings but takes screenshots: When I press to record what happened, or try to start a recording nothing happens. The guide just closes doesn’t record a clip or even say that it did. It doesn't even show in my internal storage,...
  7. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  8. All my captured Game Clips turned into screenshots

in XboX Insiders
    All my captured Game Clips turned into screenshots: Hi! I have an Xbox Series X… I love capturing a lot of video game clips from time to time and rewatch some awesome scenes from the games. I always record to internal storage only. No cloud or...
  9. Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...

in XboX Insiders
    Cant capture a screenshot with controller but can make a clip with controller (alpha skip...: since todays update i'm unable to take a screenshot with my controller by pressing the button that makes captures/game clips on the series x controller i have tried to reset the controller through...
  10. Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?: I joined a club on Xbox.com and was noticing that people were posting clips and screenshots. I was wondering whether I could do that on a Xbox 360 console without a capture card....