How can I fix the game chat?

Discus and support How can I fix the game chat? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my Xbox Series X is doing this strange thing where it automatically mutes voice chat, making it so I can’t speak in game chat and I can’t hear... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrBallsMan8784, Sep 17, 2023.

1. How can I fix the game chat?

So my Xbox Series X is doing this strange thing where it automatically mutes voice chat, making it so I can’t speak in game chat and I can’t hear anyone in game chat. I’ve tried all these tutorials and had a look through settings myself and can’t seem to fix the issue. It did this before but fixed itself last time. I’m not combanned either

:)

MrBallsMan8784, Sep 17, 2023
  2. sasdeds Win User

There are a few things you can do to fix game chat:

1. Check your audio settings. Make sure that your microphone and headphones/speakers are properly selected and enabled in both your game's audio settings and your system's audio settings.
    2. Restart your game and/or system. This can often fix minor glitches that may be preventing game chat from working properly.
    3. Update your game and/or system software. Game developers and system manufacturers often release updates that can fix known bugs and improve performance.
    4. Try a different microphone or headset. If you're still having trouble, it's possible that your microphone or headset is malfunctioning. Try using a different one to see if that fixes the problem.
    5. Contact the game developer for support. If you've tried all of the above and you're still having trouble, contact the game developer for support. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and find a solution.
    Some additional tips for fixing game chat on specific platforms:
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

You can try troubleshoot audio issues in parties by the following:
    Check the Xbox status.
    Not hearing the other person after joining the party.
    Getting echo when another person talks.
    Not recognized by Kinect when you talk.
    Party chat audio comes out of TV when headset is connected.
    Game or app audio becomes inaudible during voice chat.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio

I hope the above helps resolve your issues.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How can I fix my game chat?

Hi DHG, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your privacy settings allow in-game chat.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & Online Safety> Xbox Live privacy.

Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio
  5. DHG M Win User

How can I fix my game chat?

My settings have been all set to "allow" and "everyone" for years. Earlier I tried resetting them as I saw from another suggestion, which didn't solve my issue. What else could prevent me from talking in game chat?
  6. Kathy A. Win User

How can I fix a chat mixer greyout?

Hello Samantha Aquilina,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, your daughter is trying to do chat mixer using the headset however, the option to use chat mixer is greyed out. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

It could be the console needs power cycle or else the headset here is faulty. Let us isolate the issue, please answer our questions below:

1. May we confirm if you are referring to this headset - Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox?
    2. If yes, may we confirm if you have tried power cycle on Xbox Series S? Please follow the steps below:
      • Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
      • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. You may include other cables connected to the console too.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
      • Plug the console power cable back in.
      • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Source: How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support
    3. Can you try connecting the headset on another Xbox Console? Will issue persist?
    4. Is the headset under warranty? You may add the headset on your daughter's Microsoft account (click here) and see if warranty is still valid.
    5. What is the status of Xbox Network in your daughter's Xbox Console? Please follow the steps below and take a screenshot:
      • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
      • Select Network and Network Settings.
      • Look for NAT Type.
      • Please reply with a screenshot or picture of the Xbox Network.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. How can I fix the game chat? - Similar Threads - fix game chat

2. How can I fix my game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I fix my game chat?: For quite a while now I've been unable to talk specifically in game chat. In parties I can both hear and speak to everyone without issues, but in game chat I can only hear other players. I've...
  3. Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?: Was going to play hell let loose with some friends, tried the game the day before and everyting was working fine. the next day i got on to play and i cant hear anybody and i cant talk. i tried the...
  4. Game chat need fix pls I hate it. Kkkk.

in XboX Insiders
    Game chat need fix pls I hate it. Kkkk.: Game chat will occasionally glitch on for me pls fix submitted by /u/CautiousAd7033 [link] [comments]
  5. How do I fix my game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my game chat: I can hear people in call of duty lobbies but I can't talk in them. But my party chat works fine. What do I do to fix 4f45241c-203d-4b92-9be9-a07a708ab4eb
  6. FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIX NEEDED. Game chat is not working in fortnite. xbox part chat works fine: To start, Fortnites in game chat and party chat is not working correctly for me. I can talk and hear perfectly fine in xbox part chat but as soon as I switch over to fortnites game/part chat. I...
  7. Can anyone tell me how to fix game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone tell me how to fix game chat: On mw2 only game chat doesn't work on both of our accounts we have all audio options turned on. Other games still have game chat also we do have remote play turned on. When joining in a public...
  8. How do i fix xbox game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix xbox game chat: Ever since i bough the xbox series x people in game chat across all the games i played told me that i am very very quiet and can’t hear me. I have tried with multiple controllers and seem to...
  9. How do i fix xbox chat for game bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i fix xbox chat for game bar?: So like i do not know but im past due on my xbox game pass ultimate, it lets me start and talk in parties on my xbox but on my pc i can start a party but no audio goes through the mic, ive reset...
  10. How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming?: Party chat works fine, I use Xbox streaming to stream to my laptop to use as a monitor, this is a problem in both Modern Warfare 2 and Overwatch 2, where in both games the voice chat doesn't work....