How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

Discus and support How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Zoonosis, May 4, 2023.

1. The Zoonosis
    The Zoonosis Guest

How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me it worked and I get the Xbox app notification, but If I click on the notification I get an error and the clip isn't actually uploaded when I go to check. Also, I can't delete any of the stuff it kept. Says error deleting. Don't know how my Xbox game DVR could get bricked like this but now I can't even share my gameplay with my friends anymore and it's driving me absolutely insane. No, a console power cycle didn't fix anything. This seems to be an issue with the cloud. Seemingly Nothing to do on my end that could make a difference so that m desperate because this matters alot to me

:)

The Zoonosis, May 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear about the issue. I know how frustrating that must be. I would feel the same way if I were on your situation. I would agree that it may seem to be a cloud issue. We could try to perform a factory reset on your console but it's not guaranteed to fix it.

My suggestion here is to report it or file a bug directly to Team Xbox for them to properly investigate the issue. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  3. NovaStarLord Win User

Screen Shots

I have a similar problem too, I can take screenshots, I can record clips, but my problem is that I cannot save my captures from before I got Xbox Gold. Clips I can save if I edit them in Upload Studios and record clips now but I cannot save the old ones
    through Game DVR. Screenshots I can only save if I took them after getting XBox Gold not the ones I took before. Is this a bug?
  4. Krisander 1998 Win User

error code 0x87c40156

This Error Code means that you have to many Clips/Screenshots uploaded to Xbox Live and Xbox DVR fails to load them all, so you need to ether remove some Clips/Screenshots from Xbox Live (Those Clips/Screenshots will still be on your Console, just not on
    Xbox Live for anyone to see) and if that doesn't fix the DVR Error then you have to delete some Clips/Screenshots completely both from Console and Xbox Live to fix this DVR Error so Xbox DVR will be able to load your Clips/Screenshots about For Honor and other
    games.
  5. aaron5015 Win User

Can't take a screenshot or game clip in game

What i'm saying is, is that the Game Clip/Take a Screenshot button will not show up on my TV that i use but when i use it on the other TV the game clip and take a screenshot button are there. also when i go to game dvr to record that it gives an error "Sorry,
    we couldn't record that. (0x8232300b)" so i don't get it.
  6. MaritalMercury Win User

Game DVR not saving clips.

I also have this problem. game dvr records but does not save any clips. I try to save but get a message that says' the clip has not been saved. Please try again '. How can I fix?
Thema:

1. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots? - Similar Threads - fix game DVR

2. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  3. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  4. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Is there a fix for the Game DVR audio desynch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix for the Game DVR audio desynch?: Just curious if Xbox knows about the Game DVR audio desynch and/or If there's a workaround for it. I tend to record a ton of clips to send to my buddy and I've noticed within the last several...
  7. Game DVR 4K Fix release to rings

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR 4K Fix release to rings: Now that Game DVR 4K issues are fixed in Alpha Skip Ahead and Alpha rings, when can we expect the fix to be released to Omega branch? submitted by /u/FunEngine [link] [comments]
  8. Game DVR 4K fix mentioned only for Skip Ahead, Delta and Omega. But was it really fixed?...

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR 4K fix mentioned only for Skip Ahead, Delta and Omega. But was it really fixed?...: People reporting in comments that it's still broken! For those in the mentioned rings, is this working?! submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  9. Game DVR Not working properly. Please acknowledge and fix this.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Not working properly. Please acknowledge and fix this.: XBOX support, please acknowledge this is a problem!! When you pay $500 for a console, you expect advertised functions to work. I feel a little sad and hopeless when clips I think are being...
  10. easy fix for game dvr and possibley dead rising 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    easy fix for game dvr and possibley dead rising 3: alright so for the last month ive been without game dvr and dead rising 3 ive done everything you guys can possibley have looked up on the net so the one thing i didnt want to do was the factory...