How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

Discus and support How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Francois-28, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Francois-28
    Francois-28 Guest

Hi,

I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to factory reset or even add a new account and now all I get it a access pin showing up which they gave me but does not work and I can't seem to access the access pin's due to there being no accounts on it, the situation seems unfamiliar but I tried to contact Microsoft and they couldn't help me so does anyone here know what to do or how they could help me in this situation.

I have tried everything from resetting the console manually i don't know what to do anymore I was hoping Xbox might be able to do it for me remotely because I have tried everything I have an Xbox account it's just I can't seem to log in due to restrictions.

And I also was wondering if there are guest access pins that I might need to use instead of the account pin they gave me...

:)

Francois-28, Feb 20, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Francois-28. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to ask if you tried resetting the console using a USB drive?

For this, you need a “Windows-based PC with an internet connection and a USB port and a USB flash drive with a minimum 4 GB of space formatted as NTFS”.

This information, including detailed steps and files required to do this process, are available in the following article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

I'll remain attentive to your comments.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. SolidEvolution Win User

OSU1 and E101

I am having the same issues with my Xbox. How can i unsubscribed from the insider program if my xbox cant even do a proper factory reset online or offline? Ugh
  4. Tarzuk Win User

Why does my Xbox shut down randomly?

How do i soft factory reset my xbox? (Website says factory reset)
  5. Lovechaser Win User

Difficulties setting up an account for son

Hi,

You can factory reset by following this guide.

This post should help you with setting up content restrictions on your Xbox One without too
    much hassle
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox one will not select the time zone at start up!!!

The only way I know how to reset factory settings is to go to "settings" and then "system". There you can restore the factory settings, but I'm not sure you can make it that far.
Thema:

1. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way? - Similar Threads - factory reset restrictions

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  7. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  10. my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart

in XBoX on Windows
    my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart: I don't know what is happening with my Xbox one s Btw This is LIL Flame3607 564710e6-9600-4cfe-bbdc-4385f9190a0b