How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because...

Discus and support How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How can I play Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through because Dolby Atmos technology only works with Dolby Digital Plus without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by محمود شحاتابوديب, Dec 22, 2022.

1. How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because...

How can I play Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through because Dolby Atmos technology only works with Dolby Digital Plus without scrolling I can only play Dolby Atmos media through Dolby Digital Plus without scrolling and when I play Dolby True HD media on Xbox Series X does not output any sound

:)

محمود شحاتابوديب, Dec 22, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because Dolby Atmos technology only works with Dolby Digital Plus without pass-through

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because Dolby Atmos technology only works with Dolby Digital Plus without pass-through

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you need assistance in enabling Dolby True HD. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Dolby Vision on Xbox

Dolby Vision on Xbox | Xbox Support

The Xbox console supports Dolby Vision technology, which allows you to see games and media with a greater degree of brightness, contrast, and color.

Things to keep in mind:

• On Xbox Series X|S, Dolby Vision is available for streaming media apps and playing games.
    • On Xbox One X and Xbox One S, Dolby Vision is available for streaming media apps only.
    • Dolby Vision is not supported on the original Xbox One.
    • Dolby Vision is not available for media playback via Blu-ray.
    Enable Dolby Vision for games

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Dolby Vision for Gaming

Troubleshoot Dolby Vision

Note Consult your TV manufacturer for Dolby Vision gaming compatibility and firmware updates.

If your 4K@120Hz TV supports Dolby Vision gaming at 4K@60Hz but not 4K@120Hz, follow this guidance for Dolby Vision gaming, and reach out to your TV manufacturer.

Gaming in Dolby Vision:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & Display options.
    2. Set Resolution to 4K.
    3. Set Refresh Rate to 60Hz.
    Gaming in 120fps:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & Display options.
    2. Set Resolution to 4K.
    3. Set Refresh Rate to 120Hz.
    If your TV has the latest firmware and you’re experiencing display latency or input lag while gaming in Dolby Vision, disable Dolby Vision while gaming and reach out to your TV manufacturer.

To disable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision > Off.

If your TV or monitor displays a blank screen after enabling Dolby Vision, unplug and reattach the HDMI cable. If you still see a blank screen, reboot your Xbox console:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button  on your controller.
    2. Choose Turn off console or Restart console > Restart.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. FadeRunner X Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

I only use hdmi 2.1 cables. Bandwidth isn’t the issue. And cables in general aren’t the issue because Dolby Atmos works fine through e-arc when using tv integrated apps and other platforms like the Roku and even PlayStation doesn’t have a have a delay when using Dolby without pass through enabled whereas Xbox still has a delay on Dolby digital if you aren’t running pass through mode
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Dolby Vision

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

Answering your question, Dolby Vision is still a technology in development that will depend on whether developers use it or not in games, but the technology already works for movies and series that have the technology available. You can enable it on your console because of this by movie and series streaming apps that support it on selected titles from your catalog.

*The insiders do have the technology available for certain games, but not all of them and it may not work properly either.
  6. Steve Blais Win User

Xbox One S Dolby Atmos Support

I am on Insider Preview 4 and the passthrough feature is enabled but only for the Bluray Player and not for .mkv played from Plex as exemple.

When i play Bluray disk with Dolby True HD, i see on my AV receiver Dolby True HD.

If i play the same ripped Blueray, i only see PCM (7.1 uncompressed option)

I hope that MS will update soon because i have bought Xbox specialy for the media center.
Thema:

How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because...

1. How can I enable Dolby True HD technology on Xbox Series X without pass-through, because... - Similar Threads - enable Dolby True

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One: cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to allow from communation snd everything cross...
  4. I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox: I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox for some reason every time i put enable to use and it goes to sign in to my xbox account the website won't come up to let me sign in its...
  5. How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??: I've tried everything recommended, linked my account, enabled the settings on the Xbox site, yet I still can't e18fcb1e-4324-4cfa-b632-fc125b69b40e
  6. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  7. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  8. How to enable background permissions for Xbox App?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to enable background permissions for Xbox App?: My Xbox App on my desktop keeps informing me that the backgrounds permissions for the Xbox App are disabled and so I keep attempting to fix them, I've scoured the web and none of them are having...
  9. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  10. Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled

in XboX Insiders
    Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled: I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead and cam confirm no hardware issues, but am either having no signal when enabling Dolby Vision, or periodically having games launch with a pixelate screen with a large green...