How can I download old maps packs on a new console? Same gamer account so it should work

Discus and support How can I download old maps packs on a new console? Same gamer account so it should work in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son wanted to play the old zombie maps I used to play so we repurchased COD bo1 since the old game disc was compromised. Anyway, I’m using the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eric Lipan, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Eric Lipan
    Eric Lipan Guest

How can I download old maps packs on a new console? Same gamer account so it should work

My son wanted to play the old zombie maps I used to play so we repurchased COD bo1 since the old game disc was compromised. Anyway, I’m using the same gamer account but now using the new Xbox series x instead of the old 360. The game doesn’t let me redownload to map packs I already purchased years ago without buying them again. Why? How can I get these zombie map packs?

:)

Eric Lipan, Sep 30, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Eric Lipan,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to redownload your digital games content which was purchased from your old console to your new console. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To re-download content on your Xbox Series X from your Xbox 360 console, here are the steps:

1. Sign in to Xbox Live on your console using the gamertag you used when you purchased the content.
    2. Go to settings and select Account.
    3. Select Download History.
    4. Browse your download history and find the item you want to download again.
    5. Select the item, and then select Download Again
    If content doesn’t appear in your download history, it usually means that the content wasn't purchased using your account. To re-download the content, make sure you're signed into the account you used to purchase the content.

For your reference, see: How to redownload content that you previously downloaded to your Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Eric Lipan,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. voteDC Win User

Newbie question - transfer membership to different xbox?

[quote user="RyanWhitty2k11"]If I had 2 xbox's and 2 COD black ops games, could the new xbox then play using the downloaded map packs on the old xbox if both players were playing each other online?

Or would the new xbox have to download the same packs again?[/quote]Content is licensed to the gamertag that bought it and the console that it was first downloaded to.

So in order to do what you want, the gamertag that bought the map packs would need to be on the new 360 to use the gamertag license (which works when signed into Live) and the old console would have the console license which lets other profiles use it.

[quote user="RyanWhitty2k11"]And can you transfer your xbox membership to another console?[/quote]You can indeed move a gamertag to another console, simply follow the instructions here Move,
    recover, or delete your gamertag

[quote user="RyanWhitty2k11"]Thanks.

[/quote]Hopefully I've been of help.
  5. Omega7000 Win User

Map Packs I Purchased Disappeared

The region my old account was set to was the Netherlands. The problem is not that the map packs are in Spanish, the problem is that the option to download them (in Spanish) has disappeared! The English and Spanish versions of the map packs are not the same,
    and with the Spanish options gone, it means I would have to buy the three map packs again in English, while I have already purchased them in Spanish.

And I didn't mean to transfer it to another account, I've recovered my old account and just want to download the stuff I bought on it to my Xbox.

My old account (on which I bought the map packs) is now a Silver account, and I am unable to view the (Spanish) map packs I purchased on there in the Market place. However, my new account, currently a Gold account, can view the (Spanish) map packs in the
    market place. So I'm thinking I might not be able to see the map packs on my old account because it isn't Gold?
  6. onyxishere Win User

Recovering mappacks

If your old account that originally downloaded the map packs was not banned then you can play on those map packs with other accounts. What you will need to do is a
    license transfer of your old gamertag to the new console. That will transfer all licenses for downloads to the new console opening them up again to other gamertags.
Thema:

1. How can I download old maps packs on a new console? Same gamer account so it should work - Similar Threads - download old maps

2. How can I download all my old games on my Xbox one new account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download all my old games on my Xbox one new account: I am having trouble downloading my old games on to my new account de53fa8e-3cfb-417f-a613-442b50a6d577
  3. Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?: So I'm trying to download Call Of Duty World War 2, I know its possible to be downloaded because I have the disk and my friend downloaded it on his old gen console just a few weeks ago, but every...
  4. Why can’t I download Minecraft on new Xbox only old

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I download Minecraft on new Xbox only old: So I got Minecraft for free with my old Xbox in 2018 but now I have the series x and it says I must buy it or get game pass do I not get it because it was free? I just want it back on my console...
  5. My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?: My gamer score got wiped back to zero and I can’t re-download the games that I purchased before on my Xbox profile c63218b3-4126-49b3-acca-d3026f9efc44
  6. I can't download my account to my old console (xbox 360) error 8015190a. I tried all the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't download my account to my old console (xbox 360) error 8015190a. I tried all the...: I can't download my account to my old console (xbox 360) error 8015190a. I tried all the ways and nothing helped 9192bd3e-a747-4824-bcd5-3598f3747cf0
  7. Where do I find and download/buy old NHL games originally on the Xbox360 on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I find and download/buy old NHL games originally on the Xbox360 on my Xbox One?: I want to play an older NHL game (NHL 15) on my Xbox one that I know exists, but it doesn't show up on the Microsoft store like other old Xbox games. I guess this question also applies to all old...
  8. Is it possible to download an old PTS of a game?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to download an old PTS of a game?: Hey, my question is mainly based about Grounded. I really liked an old PTS of the game, and would really like to know if it's possible to download it so I can play it all over again. I'm on a...
  9. I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gave my old xbox one to my friend and when we try to play online it asks him to download...: After I gave it to him we set up an outlook account and created a gamer tag. Then I had him buy GamePass for 10 bucks a month. It all felt like it worked, but when we try to play online it stops...
  10. Why can't I download a game from my old console onto my new one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game from my old console onto my new one?: Hello, a few years ago I bought Cyberpunk 2077 for my Xbox One S. A few months ago I bought a series X and I've just recently realized that I kind of want to play through cyberpunk again. I went...