How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

Discus and support How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Milena Taran, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Milena Taran
    Milena Taran Guest

How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

:)

Milena Taran, Dec 27, 2023
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox to Laptop.

Is it possible to connect my xbox to my laptop and use my laptop as a tv?
    NO, your laptop have an HDMI out, you can workaround this using Xbox Companion App on Windows 10.

If both Xbox One and your laptop use ethernet connection to your network, you can play without any issue.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Milena, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

As mentioned by the player in the previous response, it is not possible to do this using an HDMI cable because the HDMI ports on laptops are video output ports and not input ports. This means that they are used to transfer the video signal from the laptop to another device such as a projector, TV, or monitor, for example.

On the other hand, the Xbox Console Companion app has been discontinued, and now everything is done through the Xbox App:

https://www.xbox.com/apps/xbox-app-for-pc

As an alternative, you can play remotely on your laptop without the need for an HDMI cable using the instructions in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/how-to-set-up-remote-play

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. ngocphi Win User

You don't you have to use the xbox app

The HDMI port in your laptop would be OUTPUt Only
  5. KoNoOoOZz Win User

Xbox app now having spike lags while streaming from my Xb1 to my llaptop after latest update.

Thank u for replying, but i don't think i can stream my xbox one games on my laptop using Xbox beta app,, I can only see the option on Console companion app :/
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
Thema:

1. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app? - Similar Threads - connect console laptop

2. Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting “try again in a while we can’t connect to your console right now” despite it...: Been using remote play for a while on my computer to connect to my Xbox series X but the other day it tells me it can’t connect. It is an instant message I get and I have no idea how to solve it....
  3. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  6. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...
  7. How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?: Ive been using my memory on how the xbox menu looks to navigate it, but ive been having trouble connecting the app to the console. It's just stuck on the "Turn on your console and sign in with...
  8. My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect: I just got a Lenovo laptop and gaming on it works with my hot spot but it keeps saying it won’t connect with Internet. I keep getting the error “we found your console but can’t connect....
  9. Is it safe for my console to connect my Xbox series S to a laptop via HDMI to play on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it safe for my console to connect my Xbox series S to a laptop via HDMI to play on the...: I know it might sound a fool question but I just have issues with my TV screen so while waiting for it it be fixed I was wondering if that is a possibility so I keep playing....
  10. How do I use the xbox app to connect my console to a laptop and set up a different internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use the xbox app to connect my console to a laptop and set up a different internet...: I have an xbox series s.. when I went to a friends house with my xbox and connected it to one of his laptops monitor (since my laptop didnt have an hdmi port) and signed in with the xbox app and...