How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

Discus and support How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raghav_K, Jun 21, 2024 at 8:32 AM.

1. Raghav_K
    Raghav_K Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. HDMI Connection: My laptop only has an HDMI output port, not an input port, so direct HDMI connection isn't an option.
    2. Xbox App: I attempted to use the Xbox app for Remote Play, but my xbox 360 is not working with remote play, and the xbox console companion is no longer possible.

My xbox 360 is on the version 2.0.17559.0

If it is not possible without a capture card, will it even work with one before I decide to get one?

:)

2. FarDarthvader Win User

How to get Xbox 360 displayed on my laptop monitor via HDMI

How can i connect my xbox 360 to my laptop computer?
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Raghav_K. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I regret to inform you, but to connect your Xbox to your laptop, the only option left is to get a capture card because the Xbox app remote play feature is compatible with Xbox One and newer devices and not with the 360.

Additionally, most laptops don't have HDMI in ports. Therefore, this is the reason I mentioned that your last option is the capture card.

Below, I'm going to share a thread where some people recommend getting an El Gato capture card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/letsplay/s/wrpKzcHMgB

I know this is not the answer you were expecting, but your kindness and understanding are appreciated.

Regards,

Arturo.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. ismahilmai3 Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc?

it is my first time connecting my exbox up to my laptop
  5. TheZaneiac100 Win User

How fast is Internet Explorer on a 360 Slim?

It depends on how fast your internet connection is. The internet explorer with my internet speed can almost keep up with my laptop. The Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 slim are going to operate at the same speed though
  6. ismahilmai3 Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows laptop
Thema:

1. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop? - Similar Threads - connect 360 laptop

2. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12
  3. xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live: when i go into my wired network settings, i click test xbox live connection. everything else connects good except for xbox live. ive tried both suggestions but both didnt work (note my connections...
  4. How to connect my fav music to my xbox 360 with my windows laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my fav music to my xbox 360 with my windows laptop?: Hi, i am trying to connect my favourite music to my xbox 360 and i have a windows laptop but i am not sure how to connect my music to the xbox 360. If u have the solution pls dm me here or my...
  5. how do i connect my xbox 360 controller to my laptop wired?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i connect my xbox 360 controller to my laptop wired?: I am trying to connect my xbox 360 controller to my laptop wired but everything I search comes back on how to connect it to a PC but i dont own a PC so can somebody please help me...
  6. my laptop is running windows 10 how can i connect it to my xbox 360

in XboX Networking Hardware
    my laptop is running windows 10 how can i connect it to my xbox 360: my laptop is running windows 10 how can i connect it to my xbox 360 my laptop is running windows 10 how can i connect it to my xbox 360 12ea9a39-5498-4dcf-a41b-0e46a2577ad0
  7. How to connect the xbox 360 to the laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect the xbox 360 to the laptop?: Hi, Could you show me how to connect my xbox 360 to my laptop. I want use my screen laptop as the output console for playing. I connect my xbox to the HDMI input on my PC but there is no display...
  8. No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No more windows media center, how can I connect the 360 to my laptop to stream my movies?: Hi everyone! So I am getting sick and tired connecting my laptop via HDMI to my tv. I've been trying to connect my laptop to the 360 via media servers and it's not working, nor can I download...
  9. Trying to connect my first generation xbox 360 to my laptop (pc windows)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to connect my first generation xbox 360 to my laptop (pc windows): I have the first xbox 360 and i want to use my laptop ( pc with windows 10) as a router to connect to xbox live. I've been looking with to no avail. pls help 64189a9b-7dc1-4c67-9dd5-6d358bfb3f61
  10. How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8): I have a how to video on how i fixed my problem last night. I bought an older used Elite 360 and didnt think it doesnt have a wireless adapter built in. So after hours searching thru forums and...