How can I change my wireless security type on original Xbox 360?

Discus and support How can I change my wireless security type on original Xbox 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried everything to get this xbox hooked up to wifi. Entered the IP, subnet, default gateway, MAC, etc. The only thing I can think of is that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThermalLamb245, Jan 13, 2014.

1. How can I change my wireless security type on original Xbox 360?

I have tried everything to get this xbox hooked up to wifi. Entered the IP, subnet, default gateway, MAC, etc. The only thing I can think of is that the security type might be wrong. I believe my wifi has WPA2. When I click "configure network" I can see
    that the xbox is set to WPA, but I am unable to change it, can anyone advise?

:)

ThermalLamb245, Jan 13, 2014
  2. TYDRAGONDUDE
    TYDRAGONDUDE Guest
    WEP password asked for when WPA2 is being used

I am using a MW:2 edition xbox attached to a fairly old original xbox wireless adapter. When I try to access the wireless network, which is being found by my adapter, I am prompted to enter a WEP key/password. My network runs on WPA2 security. I can't find
    anywhere that I can change which one I'm entering, so I'm stuck entering in a security type my network doesn't even use...

Help?

-TS

TYDRAGONDUDE, Jan 13, 2014
  3. Can't connect to the internet

Can you try to change the security type used on your wireless router.

Death Speed God, Jan 13, 2014
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Greetings ThermalLamb!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your router and your modem as well (if this is not a single device).

Also state whether you use the black, or white, external wireless network adapter, or the built-in (Xbox 360 S/E).

Which security method have you configured for your wireless network (WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK) and the encryption method (AES, TKIP)?

Make sure your Xbox network settings are set to obtain IP address and DNS automatic from your wireless router.

Browse to Xbox network settings and select Configure Network. Select the
    Additional Settings tab and select Restore network settings to factory defaults.

Make sure UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled on your router and that you
    don't use Port Forwarding or the DMZ of your router. Ensure that those two latter is disabled.

Thank you!

taidara, Jan 13, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: