How can I change my username back since someone changed it? I cannot even contact Minecraft...

Discus and support How can I change my username back since someone changed it? I cannot even contact Minecraft... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It was changed apparently when I was online, since I was playing all of the day that my username was changed, and I wasn't kicked out or anything, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by crispycredit, Apr 7, 2023.

1. crispycredit
    crispycredit Guest

How can I change my username back since someone changed it? I cannot even contact Minecraft...

It was changed apparently when I was online, since I was playing all of the day that my username was changed, and I wasn't kicked out or anything, but when I logged on the next day I was met with a new username and skin, changing from to mourningava. I know nobody hacked into my account because I have the proper security set up and often change my password. The fact that you cannot even come into contact or write an email to Minecraft is **** insane, there's no way for me to officially tell Minecraft that my account was hacked and to receive any help for it, instead, I am met with hundreds of **** useless articles that don't actually help with anything.

:)

crispycredit, Apr 7, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

How can I change my username back since someone changed it? I cannot even contact Minecraft support...

Hello crispycredit,

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

For this, the best approach is to submit a ticket with Minecraft Support here: Submit a request – Home

As this is out of scope for us on the Xbox Forums, we are going to close the thread. If you still need assistance with an Xbox product or service, feel free to create a new thread. Thanks again for posting your question, and have a great day!
  3. SammyVS Win User

Minecraft Account hacked and username changed

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Can I change my username?

Users who have a Mojang account or a Microsoft account can change their username for free at www.minecraft.net/en-us/profile. Click Change next to your profile name.

If you have an older account and you sign in with your username, you need to migrate to a Mojang account before you can change your username. Minecraft support is unable to assist with changing usernames as system is set up to be self-service.

How often can I change my username?

You can change your username once every 30 days. When you change your username, your previous name is saved for 37 days. This gives you an additional week to change back if you change your mind before your previous username becomes available to anyone else.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

My java account got disappeared

In this case, I suggest you to change your account email and password. If your username was changed, probably someone took control of your account and changed it.

Since you can still sign in to it, you did not lost access to your Minecraft purchase. Purchases cannot be unlinked or transferred to another account.

This is probably just a bug or sync issue, since on thursday an offer went live for people who purchased Minecraft for Java or Minecraft for Windows in the past to get the other version free.

Try to uninstall Minecraft Java and the Minecraft Launcher and try to sign in again. If it does not work, try to download the Launcher for Windows 7/8 on the Minecraft website.

If it still does not work, I would recommend you to contact Minecraft support and see if the hacker did something to your account. Only they will be able to help you.

I hope you understand.
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

I can't change back to my previous Microsoft Account name on Minecraft

Hey Sam24313,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your name on Minecraft. Microsoft cannot help with Mojang Username changes, but can assist with Xbox Gamertag changes and if that is what Mojang meant, the link to change it is here: How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

According to the Minecraft help website that J​amie posted, Minecraft Support cannot help users change their names , the system is set up so that users can change their usernames. You can change your username every 30 days if you want. Minecraft Support also cannot assist with a username that is unavailable nor a username with less than three characters

Worst case, you can try to change it via your Mojang account on the 38th day and see if that works. if it is a bug, then Mojang are the only ones who can fix it. I know they sent you here, but I would submit a ticket.

Doublecheck your have changed your name back, but it doesn't show as the gamertag, here's a help article explaining the difference. The Differences Between Gamertag vs Username – Home (minecraft.net)
  6. Ms. Anum Win User

My Minecraft account got hacked.

Hello. I already changed my password twice. The problem i am having is that around 2-3 years ago i bought Minecraft and have been playing it but all of a sudden it says my account doesn't have it and its not showing up in my purchases. Recently I wasn't able to login with my microsoft account because it says it doesn't have it anymore. I think the account got hacked and changed. Please get my Minecraft back. I already contacted Minecraft and they said i have to contact microsoft. My minecraft username is ajisuppose. Also my Xbox username also changed and i cant login anymore. I can only play bedrock. Thank you.
Thema:

1. How can I change my username back since someone changed it? I cannot even contact Minecraft... - Similar Threads - change username since

2. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  3. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  4. Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my username, but it says I cannot go above 12 characters, i haven’t seen...: really strange as many accounts have above 12 characters? adbf22f4-f553-421f-b73b-1caacf7f96f3
  5. Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone took my account and changed the email I still remember the username: I need help getting my old account back e44e9be3-9bfb-4b55-9f39-3211b73f93d3
  6. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  7. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back: I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont...
  8. someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone logged into my account and changed the username on it and i want to revert it back...: its literally as simple as that f8f77ecd-33d8-4cc1-9dcb-24716b589d73
  9. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  10. Changing my username back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my username back to my old one: Minecraft: I changed my very random name to use it on another account 40 days ago, and it is telling me that my account name is in use. I checked on a website for usernames and it still has my...