How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?

Discus and support How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am on a playstation five but i have just installed a xbox owned game (sea of thieves) i wanted to talk to people in game but i cant hear anyone and... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JSC___, May 11, 2024.

1. JSC___
    JSC___ Guest

I am on a playstation five but i have just installed a xbox owned game (sea of thieves) i wanted to talk to people in game but i cant hear anyone and no one can hear me i am using my old microsoft account so it is still a teen account so i cant change my privacy settings so that i can talk to other people that arent friends on xbox.

:)

JSC___, May 11, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, JSC___! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Since you have a child account, you'll need to ask your parents or guardians to create a Microsoft account of their own so they can manage your account's privacy settings via a Microsoft Family.

If they already have a Microsoft Account:

- Ask them to sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/
    - Scroll down and click on "Family"
    - Click "Add a family member" and enter your Microsoft Account email address.
    - Click "Next" and select "Member"
    - Follow the prompts to complete the invite process.
    - Accept the invite that will be sent to your Microsoft Account associated email address.

Once you accept the invite to join the Microsoft Family, your parents or guardians should be able to change your privacy settings by signing in to their account at: https://account.xbox.com/settings

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Best regards.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Activity feed notifications on xbox one?

Is your account an adult, teen or child?

For adults, anyone can comment on posts in your activity feed. To change who can add comments, update your privacy settings under Communicate with voice and text. You can do this in the Friends app by selecting My profile, Privacy settings, and then Communicate
    with voice and text.

Adults can also see comments and captions made by anyone else on Xbox Live. If that doesn't appeal to you, you can change it in your privacy settings under See content other people make. You can do this in the Friends app by selecting My profile, Privacy
    settings, and then See content other people make.

In both cases, teens and children start with more restrictive settings.

For more info:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-manage-friends-app-activity-feed-privacy
  4. TrialWhisper71 Win User

Prevent use of adult Xbox account

Basically to remove them spending your money you go to billing and remove your bank account from there if they keep spending it. Solution: 2 Go to privacy and there is a setting which can be changed to adult, teen or child change it to child if they are
    4 - 10 teen is 13 - 18 adult is 18+. Did this resolve your problem?

-Trial
  5. RomkaZzz Win User

Child account unable to download gifted cars

6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cant apply the changes to my xbox account

If you're having trouble changing your privacy and online safety settings on your Xbox One console, check to make sure you've done the following:

• You're signed in to Xbox Live. You must be online and signed in to make changes.
    • You’re signed in to the console using an adult account. Children and teens are restricted from making changes to their own privacy and online safety settings.
    • If you receive an error message when you try to change your privacy settings, search for the error using the

Error Code Lookup Tool
    Note If you want to manage your child's privacy settings, see
    How a parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for a child account.
Thema:

1. How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account? - Similar Threads - change privacy setting

2. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  3. Unable to change/edit privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change/edit privacy settings: I have been trying to change my privacy settings as i am attempting to use a client for Minecraft. But the system detects that i am using a child account and redirects me to the page stating that...
  4. unable to change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to change xbox privacy settings: Starting from https://account.microsoft.com/privacy?fref=home.drawers.privacy.privacy-dashboard&refd=account.microsoft.com on the "Privacy settings in our products" section clicking on the Xbox...
  5. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...
  6. Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?: I want to change my privacy settings, but it tells me I can't because it's a child account in a family group. I'm not in a family, and I never have been. Because I'm not in a family, I can't...
  7. The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The Xbox website on google won't let me sign in and change my privacy settings to allow me...: I have tried to connect to the sign in on different web browsers but every time I get an error message when trying to sign into my Microsoft account on the Xbox account website. I have tried...
  8. Can't change Xbox privacy settings anywhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change Xbox privacy settings anywhere: It seems that as Microsoft have tried to migrate their Xbox privacy settings, all of their old hyperlinks no longer work, let me make a list of the methods I have tried (none of them work):...
  9. I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.: (Sorry for any english errors) I was trying to acess the online safety and privacy Xbox account settings but everytime i go to that page it appears the "The URL may be misspelled or the page...
  10. I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,...: I am a PC player, using Windows 10. I currently have a gamepass subscription. I have had this xbox/microsoft account for a fairly long time (since at least 2013, but probably longer). It is the...