How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...

Discus and support How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Every since my son has moved out and got his own xbox, the games, data and stuff he paid for in games he wants to keep. Would this be possible or can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KennethLinck, Nov 7, 2023.

1. KennethLinck
    KennethLinck Guest

How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...

Every since my son has moved out and got his own xbox, the games, data and stuff he paid for in games he wants to keep.

Would this be possible or can someone suggest any other alternative? The main objective would be that my son retains all the software purchased and all game states and data with the account/xbox profiles and I would have to create a new account and purchase software I want on the old xbox losing my data:

Part 1)

a) Log into my microsoft account

b) Change the name and email address, birth date, and put in his name and email address instead hopefully make it primary and remove my email address

c) Make his email primary, change any billing information, etc...

Part 2)

a) Create a new microsoft account with my name and email address

b) Tie a new xbox profile to that account and my old xbox(I realize I will lose all my data)

c) Remove and Re-Add any devices tied to the old microsoft account to my new account(computers, etc..).

Ken

:)

KennethLinck, Nov 7, 2023
  2. #Paul# Win User

Xbox Live

Gamertags/xbox profiles can NOT be moved between microsoft accounts. Even if you change the email (as seen

here
    ) it will still log you into the same microsoft account, but with just a different email. You can only change TO an email that is NOT Hotmail, Live or Outlook.

The only way to fix this is to have your son create a new account. You can set your account as the

My home xbox
    account and on that console he can share your games and gold.
    If I associate a new email address with my Microsoft account and then remove my existing email from this account, couldn't I then create a new Microsoft account with my previous email address? This way my son could continue with the same Microsoft account/Xbox
    subscription under his new email address. He would then retain all the benefits of his existing gamer profile which he has gained over the past 8 years.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the xbox profiles and games(purchases) and data and I will start a new account

Hello Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft customer support. I understand that you want to change the existing Microsoft account to your son's name and email address while keeping the Xbox profiles, games, and data. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

The solution you have presented is possible. See the steps below:

Part 1:

a) Log in to your Microsoft account.

b) Go to the "Your info" page and select "Edit name, email, and phone."

c) Change the name and email address to your son's name and email address. Make sure to set his email address as the primary email address.

d) Save the changes.

You may also add an alias to the Microsoft account. For the complete steps on how to add an alias, see this link: Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com - Microsoft Support

Part 2:

a) Create a new Microsoft account with your name and email address.

b) Sign in to your Xbox console with your new Microsoft account.

c) Set up a new Xbox profile and link it to your new Microsoft account.

d) You will lose all your data on the old Xbox profile, but your son's profile and data will remain intact.

e) Remove any devices tied to the old Microsoft account and add them to your new account.

Please note that changing the email address associated with a Microsoft account will not affect the Xbox profiles, games, and data.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. PalmettoBling Win User

Switching accounts

If the problem is with the email address and not the Microsoft Account, then you could go through the process to change
    the email address of the Microsoft Account here
    . That would keep the entitlements and subscriptions on the existing Microsoft Account, but be associated with a different Email address.

If that doesn't cover what you need, or if the problem is with the Microsoft Account itself and not the email address, then please let us konw, but there will not be a whole lot that can be done about those situations without
    contacting Official Support.
  5. Ben Bradford Win User

Can I transfer my son's Fortnite skins from my email address to a new email address?

Hello,

Thank you for your response. It is very helpful.

The existing Microsoft account is currently using my gmail address, not a Microsoft domain email, so that should not be an issue.

I am concerned that if I do not execute the following changes in the right order, I may do irreparable harm.

This is the order that I think I need to perform them in:

1. Remove my daughter from the family group currently associated with this account.
    2. Leave the Family Group as the current organizer.
    3. Change the Name, Email address, and Birthday on the Microsoft Account from my Gmail address to my son's Gmail address.
      1. Note: He is 11 years old, so I'm not sure if this will result in his account being restricted in any way that my account is not presently.
    4. Create a new Microsoft Account using my Gmail address (the same Gmail address previously associated with the above account that was changed to my son's)
    5. Add my daughter and son as family members under the new Microsoft account using my email address.

Is that correct?

He recently made some purchases on the account using a gift card. I trust that if I update the Name, Email address, and Birthday, those purchases will still remain available to him.

Lastly, there is an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription currently on my account (my future son's account).

I'm trying to understand the implications of that remaining on the Microsoft account that I plan to update to his Gmail address vs. not renewing that subscription and restarting in on the new Microsoft account that I will create with my Gmail address.
  6. #Paul# Win User

Xbox Live

Gamertags/xbox profiles can NOT be moved between microsoft accounts. Even if you change the email (as seen

here
    ) it will still log you into the same microsoft account, but with just a different email. You can only change TO an email that is NOT Hotmail, Live or Outlook.

The only way to fix this is to have your son create a new account. You can set your account as the

My home xbox
    account and on that console he can share your games and gold.
    If I associate a new email address with my Microsoft account and then remove my existing email from this account, couldn't I then create a new Microsoft account with my previous email address? This way my son could continue with the same Microsoft account/Xbox
    subscription under his new email address. He would then retain all the benefits of his existing gamer profile which he has gained over the past 8 years.

You could do that and create a new microsoft account and xbox account with that email but he will start fresh with 0 everything and no subscription.

The gamertag and all purchases, subscriptions and gamerpoints and save game progress will stay with the microsoft account that it's on and there's no way to move that to another microsoft account no matter what you do: may that be email moving or anything.

Sorry.

I don't think I explained myself very well in my last post. I am actually suggesting that my son keeps the Microsoft account and the Xbox live subscription, gamer points etc. What if he adds a new email address to this account, then makes it the primary
    email, then removes the original email address (mine). Is this possible?

Then if I require a Microsoft account I will simply make a new one. I'm expecting that I wouldn't be able to use my email address due to it being associated previously with a Microsoft account. If this is the case then I will have to create a new email address
    purely for a Microsoft account.
Thema:

1. How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the... - Similar Threads - change existing microsoft

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528754833620992000/1179920572986179604/image.png?ex=657b89aa&is=656914aa&hm=8206c96d68c9c8e952be2d5d852eaa484d726f57e1f53355322566fbcd299d9b& Microsoft 帐户团队...
  9. my microsoft account got its email changed and now its says it doesnt exist

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got its email changed and now its says it doesnt exist: my microsoft account got its email changed and now its says it doesnt exist. so recently i was playing in my micraft account that had my microsoft account linked to it and some pleople offered me...
  10. How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist: Trying to move game to from one drive to another but cannot as it says there is a drive issue. "N: - We didn't find N:\N:\Xbox. Make sure the folder exists and try again". This isn't a typo it...