How can I appeal a refund denial when Microsoft never sent a denial email

Discus and support How can I appeal a refund denial when Microsoft never sent a denial email in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My child bought a game without my permission and I went to get it refunded but it got denied. I just clicked the first options I saw not thinking it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DILLTEAL DILLTEAL, Oct 9, 2023.

1. How can I appeal a refund denial when Microsoft never sent a denial email

My child bought a game without my permission and I went to get it refunded but it got denied. I just clicked the first options I saw not thinking it would matter because it hasn’t been 14 days and he said he hasn’t played it a lot. Every time I look something up or contact support they say respond to the denial email but I never got an email for denial

:)

DILLTEAL DILLTEAL, Oct 9, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

If you didn't receive the refund denial email, try submitting the refund request form instead: https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Refused a refund despite playtime being 1 hour and 23 mins :-/ help?

I believe there is a way to appeal the denial of refund. Check the denial email again to see if there is a link to appeal this. you can also try replying to email to plead your case there

Hope this helps!
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Refund of Fifa Points bought for wrong version of the application

No one here can give you the reason but my guess would be because it was virtual currency. They don't always refund virtual currency.

You can appeal the refund denial by replying to the denial email you should of got.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from bank account?

You can appeal the refund denial by responding to the denial email but as a rule they tend not to refund in game currency.

As Tezzarific said,if you refund it via your bank it could be seen as marketplace theft & could end up in a account ban.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Refund

Looks like Microsoft's email server is rejecting your email. Unfortunately there is no other way to try to appeal a refund request denial. I'm really sorry.
Thema:

1. How can I appeal a refund denial when Microsoft never sent a denial email - Similar Threads - appeal refund denial

2. How do I appeal a denied refund request if I never gotten an email that it was denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I appeal a denied refund request if I never gotten an email that it was denied: It's been almost 4 days since my refund request got denied and I haven't gotten an email. 44fa72df-68d1-4b49-884e-58366349be8c
  3. Whats the email to the refund team?/how to appeal a refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whats the email to the refund team?/how to appeal a refund?: I've seen several post with my same type of question but I'm currently trying to see how I can contact the refund team. A couple of days ago I had purchased the new Storm Connections game...
  4. Why was my refund denied? No way to appeal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my refund denied? No way to appeal?: I requested a refund and was denied due to hitting limits for the year. I have never requested a refund ever before though. I have seen the same questions and answer is reply to the email. I also...
  5. I want to appeal a refused refund, but I have not received an email about the decision, how...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to appeal a refused refund, but I have not received an email about the decision, how...: A refund request was refused 3 days ago, but I have not received an email to tell me. I have checked, inbox, junk, deleted, nothing. I want to appeal as the reason was that I was refused is...
  6. Appeal denied refund request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Appeal denied refund request: I have been denied a refund for a digital game. This game is a pre order, and is not currently released, therefore I have had zero gaming time on the product. The pre order was purchased more...
  7. Need a way to appeal denied refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need a way to appeal denied refund: I requested a refund for a game purchased yesterday that I haven’t played yet. I checked the status and it shows as declined. I would like to appeal this but there is no way to contact anyone...
  8. Way to appeal refund denial?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Way to appeal refund denial?: My two-year-old and four-year-old daughters spent money on "frozen frozen free fall" and "fall guys" in the last couple of days, over $60!! Im a single parent and can't afford that waste of money....
  9. Microsoft Store refund denial appeal escalation options

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store refund denial appeal escalation options: I recently had a horrendous experience with Microsoft's refund department. Because the appeal options are not made very obvious, I wanted to lay them out here with the hope that this may help...
  10. How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I appeal an incorrect refund denial? They said I used a product, and I had not!: I'm really upset about this one, I'm not particularly used to buying things online and just wanted to do something nice for my kids during this lockdown. So I purchased 3000 rocket league credits....