how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...

Discus and support how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; is there a temporary code or passcode that can be used on my son's Xbox for him to sign into it versus using my Gmail and my password I prefer not to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Trisha Rucker, Dec 25, 2023.

1. how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...

is there a temporary code or passcode that can be used on my son's Xbox for him to sign into it versus using my Gmail and my password I prefer not to give my son my password to my Gmail account being that he has his Xbox at his father's

:)

Trisha Rucker, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is there a temporary code or something that could be used instead

Hello Trisha *. my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search in Xbox support and I found a publication where they mention how to change the way to access the Xbox profile without needing your email password and it seemed to me Good information, which you should take into account:

Sign-in preferences let you control who can sign in to your Xbox console and how much permission they have to view your information or make purchases.

If you have child accounts in your family, your sign-in preferences let you control your children's access to content and their ability to purchase from the Microsoft Store.

To change your login preferences, such as requiring a password when you log in, follow the steps below.

Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings.

Under Account, select Sign in, security and PIN.

Select Change my login and security.

Choose one of the following options:

Make it fast, make it magical: Automatic login without the need to enter a password or PIN.

Barrier-free: No password or PIN required to log in, change settings, or make purchases.

Check it's me: A PIN is required to log in.

Ask for my PIN: A PIN is required to log in, change settings, or make purchases.

Lock Your Microsoft account password is required for almost everything.

Customize: Select this option to customize actions that require a password or PIN.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/signin-security/change-signin-preferences

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. phil and tashWhite Win User

Migrate Gamertag to another address

ok. so I've added my sons gmail account as an alias. if I make the gmail primary how does that effect the Hotmail account & how I log in to my laptops? can he log in to his xbox with the gmail (& see his gamertag & profile) & can I log in to my devices
    with the Hotmail address?
  4. Dwoop33 Win User

Can We Still Only Use Live Accounts For Live?

Actually, my son uses his Gmail account and it worked fine for sign-up surprisingly. I think only the Xbox 360 required it by default and that is still the only reason I have a hotmail account.
  5. Adi Hecht Win User

Games I purchased on Microsoft store cannot be played from child accounts

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question, my son has a separate user there on the PC.

I've actually already done what you suggested:

While logged in to the PC with my son's user, I signed-in with my account on the Microsoft store app. I downloaded the desired games and then signed in with my son's account. This allowed my son to play the games.

However, this does not solve the problem. Your suggestion allows my son to play the games I purchased, but severely compromises MY microsoft account.

After I've signed in to the microsoft store using my account, even if I sign-in again using my son's account...

1. My son can always switch back to my account on the Microsoft store app. He will not be required to enter my password or PIN (which he does not know of course) - he will only be asked to enter his own PIN (which is very weird). This means my son could gain access to my microsoft store account and purchase more games and apps without requiring my approval.

2. What is even worse, is that when I logged in to the microsoft store using my account... Then MY microsoft account was added to the list of my son's accounts. That is, when my son is logged on to the PC, under settings-->accounts-->Email & accounts, under "Accounts used by other apps", I could see my account listed.

This allowed my son to access any app or website that uses my microsoft account. For example, on the Edge browser, my son could now log in to my account and see my bookmarks and history.

So I needed to remove my account from "accounts used by other apps" - which caused the games to stop working again on his account...

There has to be a legitimate way to share the game without compromising the parent's Microsoft account!
  6. MurrayHewitt Win User

Minecraft education edition sign in.

Hey Ricardo,

Thank you for your email.

I am not using an Xbox i am using a chromebook. I am not able to sign in with the same account. It is all very confusing. When I signed up my son on Minecraft I had to make a Microsoft account. When i try to use this account when signing in to Authenticator it says it doesn't exist.

We never had this problem it has just started.

I did uninstall Authenticator but it won't, like I said, recognise the account.

What shall I do from here?

I do have a Microsoft account which I use my gmail account to sign in with. But I could not use this with Minecraft Education as I am not allowed to use personal email, so I had to crate another account.

Not sure if this is confusing the authenticator as the chromebook is set up for my son and his gmail is open?

Anyways would love your help,

Murray.
Thema:

how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...

1. how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is... - Similar Threads - allow son sign

2. MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.

in XBoX Accessibility
    MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.: MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX. I receive an email and click allow which directs me to family settings. He still doesn't have permission so I then click on Family...
  3. I am trting to load fortnite on my sons x box 1x. It keeps.asking for an email to allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trting to load fortnite on my sons x box 1x. It keeps.asking for an email to allow...: Never had this issue before. Trying to load fortnite. Asks for a parental email to allow certain features. Wont recpgnose.any email account including the 1 linked to my sons x box. Tried 2...
  4. How can I get minecraft on Xbox one to allow my son to interact with his friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I get minecraft on Xbox one to allow my son to interact with his friends: ,My son can play with friends on fortnite. On Xbox one. I got him minecraft and we cannot figure out how to allow him to play it with one of his fortnite friends. I tried to get him the ultimate...
  5. I purchased a Forza horizon add on for my son by clicking "Allow" in the MS Family safety...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I purchased a Forza horizon add on for my son by clicking "Allow" in the MS Family safety...: Hi, when my son wants to buy a game he needs to send me a request and I get an email from MS Family safety if I allow him. He wanted to buy a Forza Horizon add on so I clicked on the green Allow...
  6. I bought minecraft for my son. But it doesn't allow multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought minecraft for my son. But it doesn't allow multiplayer.: I changed the privacy settings in the http://account.xbox.com to allow multiplayer also his date of birth is 1997 so that shouldn't be a problem. what else is there?...
  7. My son wants to play fortnight but i need to change the settings to allow multiplayer but u...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son wants to play fortnight but i need to change the settings to allow multiplayer but u...: Hello how do you allow a child to play multiplayer on fortnight i keed to change the family settings but i cant get it to work c18da1cf-5724-4856-952d-dc13fa562e2e
  8. Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I allow my son who is 12 to play multiplayer minecraft?: After migrating his account he had been unable to play minecraft multiplayer. Does he have to wait till he is 13 or can I change it? 7ade1869-d564-4062-a441-44867028f232
  9. how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers: How do I change the security settings for my son to be able to hear other gamer on the xbox one. I have an account as a parent and he has an account as a child 06342e16-51fe-4dcc-a887-0ef8ac95e88e
  10. How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"...

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to allow my son to have a friend invite him to play Minecraft with him as a "friend"...: Hi, my son plays Minecraft pocket edition by himself on his phone, but a friend of him (in real life) invited him to join his world as a "friend." I went through the Xbox controls and now he can...