How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?

Discus and support How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I can access my own Xbox account which manages all my children's accounts, but I have forgotten the password and cannot access HER account. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Megan King2, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Megan King2
    Megan King2 Guest

I can access my own Xbox account which manages all my children's accounts, but I have forgotten the password and cannot access HER account. I can update her personal information but not account information. The account recovery tells me I do not know enough about her account to recover it. How do I regain access to her account??

:)

Megan King2, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Megan King3 Win User

I've done it repeatedly. I even updated the app info on my child's account so there was more to match with, and it still says there isn't enough information.

I don't understand how there isn't an override with the account being attached to my parent account. I've seen so many posts in this forum with the same frustration.
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Megan K, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I understand that you want to know how to change the password of your child's account, with the intention of helping you I did an internal search here in the community forum and found a response from Independent Advisor Ravikumar Vadamalai where he suggests the following:

Could you check if you have given consent for child accounts from the Security app?

1. Visit family.microsoft.com and sign in to your Microsoft account.
    2. Click the three dots above your child's account and choose the <Manage consent=""> option
    3. You will be redirected to the *Manage permissions* page, where you can see all the children that are part of your account.
    4. Check if you have options to edit child account information.

Could you try this option provided in the following forum?

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b5baa52a-c7b4-48b3-9414-4a3a870f055f

Sign in to your account on the device, and then go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Other Accounts. Check if you can change the password. If you still can't change your password, go to https://account.live.com/password/reset.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/ffaa96b1-efee-4d72-aa31-db64a86d6b7d

I hope this information is useful to you. Please feel free to come back if you need additional information.

Best regards,
    Courtney.</Manage>
  4. Megan King3 Win User

None of these options give me the ability to update her password.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

If you do not know the login information, then the account recovery form is the only way to gain access to an account. You will just have to keep trying in hopes that you remember enough information to regain control of it.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

How do I download a game on another account without a purchase history of the game in it?

If the game was installed on a different account, you need to install it from the account that purchased it. If you do not have access to that account any more, you will not have access to those purchases. Further more, attempting to access that account
    for that game/purchase history could be considered fraudulent activity if you don't have permission to be accessing the account or do not own it at all.

If the account was yours and you can no longer access it you can try to reset the password or recover the email address associated with it. Here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/lost-password-solution

If you do have access to the account, sign into it, go over to the ready to install section of the menu under the "games and apps" section, and you should be able to look for it and find it. The child account should have access to it then. You could also
    try using the "Home Xbox" feature with the adult account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If you may also need to change the privileges on the types of games the child account can play. When the passkey that usually locks children out of changing their own privileges is forgotten, or listed as forgotten, it often resorts back to the account password.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/create-xbox-one-passkey
Thema:

1. How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten? - Similar Threads - access child's account

2. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  3. How do I access a game purchased on my child's account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I access a game purchased on my child's account?: I recently bought ea fc ultimate edition onto my kid's xbox account so that they could get the points etc. It did it on my account last year and shared it with them bit they couldn't access any of...
  4. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  5. Accessing game pass perks on a child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessing game pass perks on a child account: Hello, My child has Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and cannot access any perks. Clicking on the button to view perks shows a screen with the following error: "Sorry, we can't show game pass perks right...
  6. Restrcting Server Access for Child Account in Minecraft on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Restrcting Server Access for Child Account in Minecraft on Xbox: I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance in adjusting the privacy and online safety settings for my child's account on Xbox, specifically regarding their access to...
  7. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?: I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!! Because child is a minor I now cannot access the...
  8. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account: I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that...
  9. How do I unlink a EA child account from my Xbox pc account and I don't have access to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unlink a EA child account from my Xbox pc account and I don't have access to the...: I need to unlink a child EA account from my Xbox account so i can play EA games on my Xbox game pass and I don't have the parent account. 2bc6bfad-dac3-4f9c-9ff4-6716d09337ed
  10. How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account?: How do I change a child account to an adult one, if I have lost access to the parent account? I have lost access to the parent account with no hope of getting it back and I really would like to...