How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?

Discus and support How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; We don't play games online. We actually hate it. Is there a way I can disable the requirement that my kids need their passwords to play games on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by M. Bright, Aug 24, 2023.

1. M. Bright
    M. Bright Guest

We don't play games online. We actually hate it.

Is there a way I can disable the requirement that my kids need their passwords to play games on the Xbox? It's annoying.

:)

M. Bright, Aug 24, 2023
  2. M. Bright Win User

Thank you, Mauro.

I apologize for my late reply. I'll give the steps you provided a try shortly.

Matt
  3. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi M. B

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you.

If you have child accounts in your family, your sign-in preferences give you control over your kids’ access to content and ability to buy from the Microsoft Store.

To change your sign-in preferences, such as requiring a password when you sign in, follow the steps below.
    1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings.
    3. Under Account, select Sign-in, security & PIN.
    4. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    5. Choose NO BARRIERS

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/signin-security/change-signin-preferences

Thanks,
    Mauro
  4. M. Bright Win User

Thank you SwordofWhedon. They have their own accounts. We set them up when we first got the Series X for that same reason. However, I never knew we could disable their password requirements until I started this thread.

Matt
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Please be aware many games require separate accounts to play more than a single player.

I would recommend you make them their own accounts, you can set them not to require a login on the Xbox so the children can just choose their own. That way their game progress, which is also saved to the account, is also their own
  6. BrianGunter Win User

Report swearing

Just turning the volume down isn't a solution. That only works until the kid figures out how to turn it back up, and doesn't do a thing to stop text messages. They need to do as suggested and setup parental controls to make sure communication is disabled.
Thema:

1. How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in? - Similar Threads - parent disable need

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  4. Parental controls plz help me...

in XboX Insiders
    Parental controls plz help me...: Parental controls plz help Hi xbox parental controls is screwing me over so out of spite my dad put it on so I have to create a new account now but don't want to I love my current account does...
  5. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  6. Parent Control Pin not working, help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent Control Pin not working, help: My boy is trying to link with his friends on PS5 but needs parent control PIN, we have reset but it is still not working 97006f70-1455-411f-8c0f-53e35bd95ede
  7. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  8. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  9. How do I get my parent approved game to download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my parent approved game to download?: I bought a game called BattleBlock Theater to play, it was approved by my dad and bought and all it says is “working on it” it’s been two hours and hasn’t been download or anything, what do I do?...
  10. i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...: i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls, i have no clue of what they are. what could i do? the hdd also says it has 120gb on the top, but when going to the space, it only...