How can a game be giftable through an xbox app but not playable on xbox?

Discus and support How can a game be giftable through an xbox app but not playable on xbox? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I don't play xbox, I play on the PC. I went to gift someone who plays on the xbox a DLC through the xbox app even though I play the game through Epic... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by PMILI, Nov 26, 2020.

  1. PMILI
    PMILI Guest

    How can a game be giftable through an xbox app but not playable on xbox?


    I don't play xbox, I play on the PC. I went to gift someone who plays on the xbox a DLC through the xbox app even though I play the game through Epic Games.

    I didn't notice that it says "for PC" on it, and in the morning he was having issues redeeming the code. I talked to Vernel H. from the online tech support & asked for either a refund or if there was a way he could make this work on the giftee's xbox. We
    didn't understand why we were getting an error but then I noticed the "for PC" and mentioned it to him, he told me to just go through the website and redeemed it. DONE, it worked! Only now it wasn't playable on his xbox...

    BECAUSE IT'S FOR PC.

    Now. again, since I don't play xbox, I didn't notice that I could return a unredeemed code manually through the website and now I can't.

    I can't talk to anyone about it because refunds have to be through the website.

    I finally find a way around it talk to someone online about it and he says I should have no issues getting a refund for my redeemed code if I send in a form.

    I sent in like 3 forms because I did them incorrectly twice only to get an automated message 5 days later saying, "can't refund redeemed codes"

    well if your staff didn't mislead me and just given me the refund I wouldn't be out $22.

    It also just makes absolutely no sense to me that I can gift someone a game through the app but only for pc...

    :)
     
    PMILI, Nov 26, 2020
    #1
  2. Photonimus Win User

    Anyone willing to help out that no longer plays

    Hal's armor is non giftable.
  3. Alvaro A- Win User

    I'm not able to play Mortal Kombat 11 on cloud. The play button is unresponsive and nothing is written like its not available in my country or something.

    Thank you for providing more information. Yes, Mortal Kombat is playable in Xbox Cloud Gaming. Can you please try to login through Xbox App instead of web browser?

    Please check the status on your region if there are no ongoing issues with cloud gaming. Kindly see this link:

    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

    How do I use credit on my microsoft account to pay for an item that a member of my microsoft family has requested

    When you go to the store on your account there may be an option to buy as a gift. you can then enter the persons gamertag and they will receive a message or email with a code to download the item

    Not all items are giftable if the item in question is not giftable you wont be able to purchase it for another account using your account credit
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

    Transferência[Translation-Transfer]

    Hi Andre,

    Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, once a gift card is added to an account there is no way of transferring the currency. You can however purchase what you need from your brothers account as a gift to your account. If the items you want are not
    giftable, then will need to purchase something that is giftable.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Xbox 360 games won't play

    Only xbox 360 games that are available through the backward compatibility list are playable for Xbox one
Thema:

How can a game be giftable through an xbox app but not playable on xbox?

Loading...
  1. How can a game be giftable through an xbox app but not playable on xbox? - Similar Threads - game giftable through

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. Pc game pass giftable outside of USA

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc game pass giftable outside of USA: Hi I was trying to gift my friend a 14 day pc pass trial and I was wondering why Canada or any province in it wasn't listed. 1e8153fe-f7dc-4b94-821b-0c2199412cf2