How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message

Discus and support How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've spent most of my Sunday failing to get a Warranty Return Request set up. I have my device correctly shown on my Microsoft account with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by stewarthoppy42, Apr 23, 2023.

1. How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message

Hi, I've spent most of my Sunday failing to get a Warranty Return Request set up. I have my device correctly shown on my Microsoft account with the serial number etc, and it's in Warranty until August 2023. However the process always ends with an upside down lollipop error message saying something happened, wait a bit and try again. I have been trying this multiple times for roughly 3 months now, so I think it's fair to say this doesn't work.

There is a link to "contact us", but following that through to set up a call back also ends in error message.

Calling up Microsoft support helpline only takes you through automated channels until they direct you back to same process that ends in a error message.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point. It's staggering to me that Microsoft support can be this bad. Someone please help.

Incidentally the faulty device is an Xbox one elite controller. This is the second one I'd had with a faulty bumper - of anyone reads this my experience from getting the controller through to these failed support requests has been appalling and I'd strongly recommend you don't buy one.

:)

stewarthoppy42, Apr 23, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message

Hi stewarthoppy42,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. Macjester Win User

Device Service Repair Online process - 3rd Party Cookies blocked Error

still broken for me too...how am i supposed to get warranty repairs when the system that issues repairs is broken....c'mon this is amateurish
  4. mbertoncini Win User

No video signal from my Xbox One X.

I’ve been troubleshooting all day long. I am positive that the problem is on the console’s end, and not the cable or the TV. I still have a month of warranty left but I’m getting the same error message when I try to set
    up a service request. It says; “Sorry for the inconvenience. The accessory or device you are requesting is not available. Contact Microsoft Support for assistance.” Then I try to contact the support and upon selecting the category
    it sends me back to the warranty page. This is nuts.
  5. mbertoncini Win User

No video signal from my Xbox One X.

I’ve been troubleshooting all day long. I am positive that the problem is on the console’s end, and not the cable or the TV. I still have a month of warranty left but I’m getting the same error message when I try to set up a service request. It says; “Sorry
    for the inconvenience. The accessory or device you are requesting is not available. Contact Microsoft Support for assistance.” Then I try to contact the support and upon selecting the category it sends me back
    to the warranty page. This is nuts.
  6. averyy Win User

Hacked Account

how am i supposed to do this when i cant even sign in or request to change my password?
Thema:

1. How am I supposed to make Warranty Return Request when I just get an error message - Similar Threads - supposed Warranty Return

2. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  3. Why does my clock swith an hour ahead when its supposed to be central time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my clock swith an hour ahead when its supposed to be central time?: My xbox should be central time so 12:20 am but it says 1:20 instead. 9af4030f-a775-4713-9be5-e35aab525a10
  4. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  5. I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...: This controller iss supposed to be able too work on. All. Consoles but I can't seem to get it to. Itis anintendo switch 321529b7-3fa0-4ab5-8608-80077ac2daab
  6. My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...

in XBoX on Windows
    My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...: My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it still isn't working I have unplugged my console also restarted it can someone sort it out or help me im desperate really....
  7. Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire: I bought the Elite 2 controller by microsoft store on September 26, 2022 and should therefore have a warranty until September 26, 2024. This was now terminated on February 17, 2024, within the...
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  10. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f