How adjust PC volume from 360 remote with TV support enabled?

Discus and support How adjust PC volume from 360 remote with TV support enabled? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, once the "Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote" has been enabled to operate a TV set (to turn the TV on/off etc.) the remote's volume buttons ALWAYS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GinningWall31, May 8, 2014.

1. How adjust PC volume from 360 remote with TV support enabled?

Hi, once the "Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote" has been enabled to operate a TV set (to turn the TV on/off etc.) the remote's volume buttons ALWAYS control the TV volume. How can I use the remote to control the PC volume? Regardless of if the remote's TV
    button is green or red, the volume buttons control the TV volume.

I am using this remote to control Windows Media Center on a regular PC, and really need to control the PC volume, not the TV volume.

PC volume can be controlled if I do not enable the remote's TV support, but then I also lose the ability to turn the TV on/off :-(

:)

GinningWall31, May 8, 2014
  2. Xbox One Remote doesn't work with certain app?

I have the remote and it works with my youtube app. What it won't do is adjust volume on my tv. when I am watching live tv

Scuppernog-9AE07176-0C8A-42FF-9DC4-D38ECA3A0C68, May 8, 2014
  3. Non7Andrei7
    Non7Andrei7 Guest
    Xbox One S Volume Control

Dear all,

I've been struggling with this for some time. Is there any way to control the output volume of the xbox if the audio is not going to the TV (through HDMI)? I have a set of speakers connected via toslink (digital audio out) and cannot find any info about how to adjust the master volume of the console in a game or during a movie (netflix/youtube/etc).

Would a Media Remote (Microsoft or PDP) be able to adjust the volume of the console? Without any TV being involved.

Thank you!

Non7Andrei7, May 8, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Wall!

Just to be sure I understand, are you saying that you want your Universal Media Remote to control both your TV volume and your PC volume? If so, then that's where the issue lies. Once the remote is synced to a specific device, then that is the device it
    will control.

Let us know if you have any other questions! =)

Mister Cerb, May 10, 2014
  5. Thanks for your reply.

I would like to control PC volume AND power TV on/off.

It seems the TV button turns RED or GREEN depending on which device the remote will control, no? This seems true for power on/off, channel up/down, mute, and a few other buttons - except for the VOLUME buttons which ALWAYS control the TV volume. A bug?

What is the red/green TV button supposed to indicate, if not "which device is currently controlled"?

GinningWall31, May 12, 2014
  6. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Hey again Wall! Thanks for the info!

It definitely sounds like the controller is functioning properly. The controller is designed to sync to your Xbox 360 console as well as your TV. The Windows Media Center button allows you to access your PC, but if you sync the controller to control the
    PC volume, you lose the functionality to control the TV. I suggest setting the PC to whatever volume works best, then using the universal remove to adjust the TV volume based on your preferences.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or issues. =)

Mister Cerb, May 14, 2014
  7. Ok, understood. I guess this remote is no good if you want your sound from a hifi home stereo instead through the TV speakers (since you need to ajust the volume on the XBox/PC instead of on the TV) AND still be able to turn the TV on/off.

Thanks for your quick reply!

GinningWall31, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Wall!

Just to be sure I understand, are you saying that you want your Universal Media Remote to control both your TV volume and your PC volume? If so, then that's where the issue lies. Once the remote is synced to a specific device, then that is the device it
    will control.

Let us know if you have any other questions! =)
  9. GinningWall31 Win User

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to control PC volume AND power TV on/off.

It seems the TV button turns RED or GREEN depending on which device the remote will control, no? This seems true for power on/off, channel up/down, mute, and a few other buttons - except for the VOLUME buttons which ALWAYS control the TV volume. A bug?

What is the red/green TV button supposed to indicate, if not "which device is currently controlled"?
  10. GinningWall31 Win User

Ok, understood. I guess this remote is no good if you want your sound from a hifi home stereo instead through the TV speakers (since you need to ajust the volume on the XBox/PC instead of on the TV) AND still be able to turn the TV on/off.

Thanks for your quick reply!
  11. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey again Wall! Thanks for the info!

It definitely sounds like the controller is functioning properly. The controller is designed to sync to your Xbox 360 console as well as your TV. The Windows Media Center button allows you to access your PC, but if you sync the controller to control the
    PC volume, you lose the functionality to control the TV. I suggest setting the PC to whatever volume works best, then using the universal remove to adjust the TV volume based on your preferences.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or issues. =)
  12. Scuppernog-9AE07176- Win User

Xbox One Remote doesn't work with certain app?

I have the remote and it works with my youtube app. What it won't do is adjust volume on my tv. when I am watching live tv
Thema:

1. How adjust PC volume from 360 remote with TV support enabled? - Similar Threads - adjust volume 360

2. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  3. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  4. Headset volume requires more adjustability

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume requires more adjustability: Anyway to reduce the volume jumps when you adjust the headset volume on the menu? I always feel I’m in between two volume levels. A few extra jumps added would help fine tune things. submitted by...
  5. How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?: I have struggled with this for over a year now. I play Minecraft on my PC using a controller. The sensitivity is off the charts. The smallest tap to the joystick will send the camera spinning....
  6. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  7. Game screen not adjusting to full screen in a way it should

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game screen not adjusting to full screen in a way it should: Installed FIFA 14. Everything works fine. But the game leaves some vertical space both from top and bottom, BUT NOT in the way that there is a black margin on top and bottom. The game's...
  8. Leader board points still not being adjusted after reaching achievements, I still am stuck...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Leader board points still not being adjusted after reaching achievements, I still am stuck...: Is this still being worked on? 08f7cddf-fdb6-4429-a982-50cd28e5e128
  9. Price adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Price adjustment: I bought an Xbox bundle a couple weeks ago and now the price is lowered. I would like a price adjustment for the difference e61bbf77-20a4-4492-8a72-d2e733d39522
  10. I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.: I bought a steering wheel set for the Forza Horizon 5 game. I adjusted everything on this wheel from the drive and it works perfectly, but when I go into the Forza Horizon 5 game and tilt the...