How about a reward for UK customers?

Discus and support How about a reward for UK customers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Don't see anyone shouting him down Boas? Don't agree with him so I will post a different view,. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Dowding, May 4, 2014.

  1. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

    How about a reward for UK customers?


    Don't see anyone shouting him down Boas? Don't agree with him so I will post a different view,.
     
    John Dowding, May 6, 2014
    #31
  2. M4CHINEHEAD
    M4CHINEHEAD Guest
    Lofty to use the TV analogy. If I bought a TV that stated it had free view HD I would expect it to have it.

    The Xbox Ones main selling point, that set it aside from its competitors was the integrated TV. Which at this point it still doesn't have in the UK. That means that even if these trials are successful we're still looking at the system being on sale without
    one of its main features for nearly seven months!

    My personal opinion is that this is not acceptable. The only reason I started this post was just to see if others agree. Clearly a lot of people (on here) feel that this is acceptable. And I respect your view.

    As for what for the level of reward for our patience, I have no idea. A simple gesture would have been not only nice but good business sense.
     
    M4CHINEHEAD, May 6, 2014
    #32
  3. Maybe a years free XBox Live Gold would be a good reward.

    Nobody is saying the XBox is not a great machine what we are saying is it does not do what it was advertised as doing.

    At no time during any adverts or E3 did they have disclaimers regarding the lack of TV integration with the One Guide in regions others that North America.

    If I bought a TV that advertised as having Freeview HD but it never had HD I would be entirely within my rights to return the product. I have said before that I am sure if anyone went to their local consumer protection MS would be in trouble as the XBox
    One was sold with false advertising.

    I love my XBox One but agree with OP that we should be compensated in some way for the lack of full functionality with 6 months or 12 months free XBox Gold. I mean it's not like we can download free Games for Gold with it on the XBox One which is another
    mute point for me. They say we will get it in the future but thats not good enough when people who decided not to support the new console get it now.

    But you know what? Microsoft posted a massive profit so they won't give a jot about a few 100,000 early adopters.

    Peace and love to you all
     
    ThisParty©FitsHisFace, May 6, 2014
    #33
  4. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    YANKILLA ...

    If you bought a TV that stated it had free view HD of course you/I would expect it to have it. As said before though, it was never stated that Xbox One would have the TV features here in the UK, we knew that there was going to be a wait.

    I totally appreciate your not happy, there's no doubt loads out there like you but I'm still not sure what you think you should get as some kind of "thank you for your patience" type thing.

    Let me turn it around a bit, now we still have a PS4 in the house but my own one has moved on to another home, for a number of reasons I wasn't happy with it but am I entitled to go to Sony and expect some kind of gift because I wasn't happy?

    Now don't get me wrong, if Microsoft come and said to the UK gamers, "Thanks for you patience in waiting for the TV features and we want to show our gratitude and here's 3 months Gold", brilliant, who wouldn't be happy but I honestly don't think we are entitled
    to anything, especially as we knew certain features wouldn't be with us from the start.

    Just my opinion.
     
    Lofty Who, May 6, 2014
    #34
  5. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    Its the people that say "i did my research, you should have done yours" How is the OP meant to know that 6 months down the line one of the main features would still not be working?

    The ps4 analogy doesnt work the same way as the OP isnt complaining he isnt happy weith his XO just that he is dissapointed the features which were promised are taking so long to deliver.
     
    Boas BS5, May 6, 2014
    #35
  6. M4CHINEHEAD
    M4CHINEHEAD Guest
    Thanks Fits and Boas

    Think you understand my point. Wish more people felt the same way.
     
    M4CHINEHEAD, May 8, 2014
    #36
  7. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    @ Boas ..

    Of course we can do loads of research, whether it be about games due to arrive, features due to be added, as we know though sometimes they get delayed. As far as I'm aware though regarding the TV features in the UK, Microsoft didn't give an exact date, they
    just said 2014. From what I'm reading though it isn't too far off now, unless there's a problem and there is a delay.

    Again I totally appreciate YANKILLA is disappointed.
     
    Lofty Who, May 8, 2014
    #37
  8. Spindelhalla
    Spindelhalla Guest

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    "This is due to the bottleneck caused by the eSRAM. Devs have said its just not big enough to push through 1080p. Only in recent weeks have some developers said they may be able to get to grips with it."

    eSRAM isn't a bottleneck what so ever. It's over dramatic non clued up developers that are saying this.

    Games are 4BPP. At most there are going to be 4 frames of 1080p which is equal to 31.64MB (or 4 BPP x 4 = "16 BPP"). Anything more than 4 frames for deferred rendering and you should fire your graphics programmer.

    The tiled resourcing in DX11.2 is outlined in this video
    channel9.msdn.com/.../4-063
    . It honestly looks like part of the X1's chipset was built for tiled resourcing with their built-in support into the data move engines and placing the eSRAM there to handle it easily (www.vgleaks.com/.../move_engine1.jpg)

    Unlike the PS4, the Xbox One both from a software development standpoint and hardware standpoint is a specialized piece of equipment. The console was co-developed between MS, AMD and IBM. It is not generalized PC hardware thrown into a single shell similar
    to the PS4's origins. Both the hardware and the advanced API's such as Direct X 11.2 used within the X1's software development kit were created by much brighter minds than those that proliferate across forums and comment boards, thinking they have every aspect
    of the system figured out, when this is complete BS.

    Fear not as these are the same individuals that also believe the PS4 hold a 50 percent advantage in real world graphics capability, which is total nonsense. Trust in the words and studies of those qualified to speak on such matters (i.e not the developers,
    yet).

    Many of us are excited for the X1 and rightfully so.
     
    Spindelhalla, May 14, 2014
    #38
  9. JohnCotton
    JohnCotton Guest
    Impressive analysis.

    Haven't a clue what it means, but definitely impressive!

    I too am excited by the potential of my (Day One) XBOX One. Just wish OneGuide / TV Integrations comes out of preview soon and ordinary mortals like me are blessed with it! (How do you get into the preview programme??)

    Keep the faith! It will be great!
     
    JohnCotton, May 14, 2014
    #39
  10. Have you noticed that Spindelhalla has 1080G for gamerscore.

    Strange that?
     
    ThisParty©FitsHisFace, May 14, 2014
    #40
  11. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    @johnbury users were invited to the preview by email from MS.
     
    John Dowding, May 15, 2014
    #41
  12. Spindelhalla
    Spindelhalla Guest
    @FitsHisFace Hah, I never noticed that! I'd forgo ever getting gamerscore again just to keep it at that for a laugh.
     
    Spindelhalla, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. ThisParty©FitsHisFa Win User

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    Have you noticed that Spindelhalla has 1080G for gamerscore.

    Strange that?
  14. Boas BS5 Win User

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    Its the people that say "i did my research, you should have done yours" How is the OP meant to know that 6 months down the line one of the main features would still not be working?

    The ps4 analogy doesnt work the same way as the OP isnt complaining he isnt happy weith his XO just that he is dissapointed the features which were promised are taking so long to deliver.
  15. M4CHINEHEAD Win User

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    I'll be honest I didn't expect this response. Are people blinded by devotion to Microsoft?

    If I purchased any good I would expect it to perform as advertised. I would not expect to wait six months for it to begin to do what it's meant to do. I can't understand why Microsoft would expect this from consumers.

    Your point on the 360 I don't really understand. For the first 12 months of the 360 it was far better at gaming than the PS3 which had many issues. On paper the PS3 had more power but the devs struggled to get to grips with the chip set used (ring any bells).
    The 360s main issue was reliability and the fact the backed HD instead of blu-Ray.
  16. John Dowding Win User

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    Wolfenstein hits the 150bhp mark and is released later this month.
  17. John Dowding Win User

    How about a reward for UK customers?

    It reached 150bhp with Forza at launch though, it has the capability it's down to devs to get to grips with it, which will happen. The TV thing is just round the corner as it's in the preview program. Personally I was aware of what the One could and couldn't
    do at launch and I'm happy with it. We have already seen a steady stream of improvements since it was launched and there are more to come.
Thema:

How about a reward for UK customers?

Loading...
  1. How about a reward for UK customers? - Similar Threads - reward customers

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.

    in XboX Insiders
    The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.: I want to raise a separate point about the way accessibility feedback is handled in the Xbox Insider program. When I completed an accessibility survey, I was told I would receive XP for doing it....
  4. XBOX Insider Profile Badges and Rewards

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider Profile Badges and Rewards: Long time XBOX Insider here. Don't know how anyone else would feel about this, but with XBOX introducing different badges to profiles, I think as an Insider, there should be specific badges for...
  5. Xbox rewards auto redeem bug workaround

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox rewards auto redeem bug workaround: Hi everyone if your looking for a workaround to the auto redeem gift card bug that won't stay active. All you have to do is use your asus rog to apply it and it will stay active. If you dont...
  6. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  7. Xbox rewards is still not fixed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox rewards is still not fixed.: Regression: Just a quick update from the last update, rewards is still not fixed, it won't auto redeem and it won't stay activated, Reported on xbox 8.37pm Beta ring build 2608 submitted by...
  8. Xbox please consider expanding the rewards program

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox please consider expanding the rewards program: Yes I know it’s a not a mindblowing loyalty program but still I would very much like to participate in it. I live in Finland where we can earn Microsoft points but for some weird reason we can’t...
  9. Weekly rewards points won't issue right amount .rewards Customer Service won't help

    in XBoX on Windows
    Weekly rewards points won't issue right amount .rewards Customer Service won't help: Is anyone eles having an issue with your xbox weekly rewards not depositing your points ? I have tried to message the Microsoft rewards department and if I get a response. im told that my...
  10. Can Microsoft Focus on Xbox rewards giving Customers a real answer about the Points Nerfing...

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can Microsoft Focus on Xbox rewards giving Customers a real answer about the Points Nerfing...: For the Last 6 Months Xbox Rewards has been reduced and Nerfed constantly. Bonuses gone ,Cuts,Reductions Everything. No Comment or Response from Microsoft Rewards. Almost Every Gaming site has...