Hotmail account closed due to not logging in > Locked out of XBOX

Discus and support Hotmail account closed due to not logging in > Locked out of XBOX in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son's XBOX account was connected to an old hotmail address. He only used this account to login to his XBOX, which caused the email account to be... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TristanOF, May 5, 2023.

1. TristanOF
    TristanOF Guest

My son's XBOX account was connected to an old hotmail address. He only used this account to login to his XBOX, which caused the email account to be closed for lack of activity.

The email itself is not important, but because the account is closed, he can no longer log into his XBOX account as well.

Is there any way to resolve this?

:)

TristanOF, May 5, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi TristanOF, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

I'm sorry to say but if the system closed your son's account due to lack of activity is not possible to revert or re-open the account

This means that sadly it was permanently deleted from the servers

You can check a related article visiting the link below

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/r...
  3. ShadoxSoul9252 Win User

Locked out of Hotmail account

"if you are unable to meet the requirements for a password reset"

I have earlier i did everything required for one of my accounts yet when reset the password it said it changed it but when i tried to sign in it told me that i needed to enter the password and if not reset so it looped
    around and i tried again but nothing worked so im wondering if ill never be able to log in at all.
  4. Tom Morton-Simpson Win User

Hi,

That's understandable. I was hoping to speak to a real person to explain the situation. I know the mobile number which was attached to the account, the old passwords, accounts I've used that email address for and most other things they would need to prove
    that I'm the owner of the account.

A real person would hopefully be more sympathetic than a robot in this scenario. There's surely something I can do to prove I'm the owner?
  5. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

Regrettably, there is nothing we can do to help you gain access to your account, if you are unable to meet the requirements for a password reset. A friendly reminder, that it's the user's responsibility to retain such information and also to not enter false
    information when signing up.

Best,

L
  6. ShadoxSoul9252 Win User

Ive had the same thing happen except i created 2 accounts DiscordBlade and DiscordBlade1 but one day i got signed out but couldnt remember the password to my emails or to the profile and ive tried to recover my email but when i change my password it only
    does it for my profile not my email so i still cant sign in on my xbox because it wants to verify my account but i put in random answers that i cant remember and now i lost accounts with game and characters that i cant use again i hope somone reads this because
    its been 2 years and no one has helped me.
Thema:

1. Hotmail account closed due to not logging in > Locked out of XBOX - Similar Threads - Hotmail account closed

2. Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account: Dear support team, I am trying to access my minecraft account, but now they made it microsoft log in or something. Anyway, my email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...
  3. Lost Hotmail Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost Hotmail Account: Heya. I lost my Hotmail account linked to my xbox account like three years ago, and have put in like 20 recoveries trying to reobtain it but none have gone through. I've been getting a strong urge...
  4. I need to gain access to a deleted Hotmail account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to gain access to a deleted Hotmail account.: I need to gain access to a deleted Hotmail account. Hotmail doesn't exist so I can't set it up as a new one. c23daf49-8246-46f3-82fb-b812ee21dab6
  5. * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account: Hi, My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it. Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox...
  6. locked hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    locked hotmail account: hi my name is isak freyr my hotmail is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** and its locked this was my first email adress i only use this account for games like...
  7. How can I recover an old hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover an old hotmail account: Hey, I made a hotmail account over a decade ago that is connected to my EA account. This email is locked because I forgot the password and did not have access to the old phone number attached to...
  8. Many failed attempts to recover my sons Hotmail account and get him back into his Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Many failed attempts to recover my sons Hotmail account and get him back into his Xbox...: I've been in the same situation. It is amazing to me that because I didn't update the cell number attached to my son's Hotmail account he is no longer able to log in to his Microsoft account to...
  9. I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...: I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or the password so I’m just stuck a54b66e9-c6ca-487e-9cf0-17e3b794cb2f
  10. How do I close my Xbox account but not my Hotmail (Microsoft) account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I close my Xbox account but not my Hotmail (Microsoft) account?: Hi there, Does anybody know how I can close my Xbox account, but not my Microsoft and Hotmail account? I didn't want the Xbox account to start with, never signed up for it willingly, it was just...