HOTAS not working for Flight Sim HELP

Discus and support HOTAS not working for Flight Sim HELP in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Whats good guys I just bought the thrustmaster xbox/pc flight stick controller and I can't get it to work with my microsoft flight sim -Yes the switch... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SteaklessSteak, Apr 16, 2022.

1. HOTAS not working for Flight Sim HELP

Whats good guys I just bought the thrustmaster xbox/pc flight stick controller and I can't get it to work with my microsoft flight sim

-Yes the switch is on the Xbox setting

-Yes I used the stick to click on the game and used only the flight stick to navigate to the game upon turning on my Xbox

The flight stick "works" as a controller on the xbox, like navigating the xbox menus, but when i open the flight sim game it says " Steakless Steak press A on what controller you'd like to use" and i click A and it literally does nothing I can click it over and over again and nothing happens

There are no other controllers turned on and no other profiles signed in and I don't get why it's not working

Thanks for advice

:)

SteaklessSteak, Apr 16, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Thrustmaster USB joystick works on Xbox?

no, only controlllers that specifically say they are for Xbox work

If you’re looking for Flight Sim, the Hotas ONE is the cheapest around $80 US
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SteaklessSteak, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store.
  4. Stealth Gamer92 Win User

Flight Simulator?

Well they have Elite Dangerous, a PC spaceship sim, coming to Xbox 1 later this year. Now they just need a good flight stick, maybe a HOTAS like the X52 or X55.
  5. denis97g Win User
  6. Mark Benson (mbenson Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 - T.Flight HOTAS One works with everything EXCEPT "Free Flight," which is why I purchased. Makes NO sense. Suggestions please.

I too have exactly the same problem described - and it's driving me daft.

It seems that it is not uncommon and that the issue is within FS 2020 rather than my Thrustmaster HOTAS One joystick.

I have tried everything that I can think of to find a fix including re-installing FS and joystick drivers.

Does anyone have a solution for this vexing problem please?
    As I mentioned above the HOTAS works with everything; bush trips, landing challenges, flight training but NOT with "Free Flight." Because the HOTAS works great with everything EXCEPT "free flight" I am very confident it IS a flight simulator 2020 issue and
    not a Thrustmaster problem. If it were a HOTAS driver or firmware issue it shouldn't work at all but it does. I have been a software developer for almost 40 years and based on what I see this is a Microsoft issue. This shouldn't be that hard to fix based on
    what I see because it works just fine in 'parts' of the SIM but Microsoft needs to get it together and resolve this. How do we get someone from Microsoft to see this, acknowledge this, and then FIX this?
Thema:

1. HOTAS not working for Flight Sim HELP - Similar Threads - HOTAS working Flight

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  6. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  7. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  8. Xbox series s flight simulator and thrustmaster hotas one not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s flight simulator and thrustmaster hotas one not working: New to gaming. Son wanted flight simulator for Xmas so got an Xbox series s and a thrustmaster hotas one controller. Have downloaded flight simulator but when I enter the activity to learn basic...
  9. Does the t flight hotas one connect to windows 10 pc for microsoft flight simulator

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the t flight hotas one connect to windows 10 pc for microsoft flight simulator: My pc is registering the device when connected by usb, but microsoft flight simulator is not. 02de0492-2e81-4f31-9bd0-590f57a19206
  10. Does the thrustmaster t-flight hotas x work in microsoft flight simulator free flight on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the thrustmaster t-flight hotas x work in microsoft flight simulator free flight on...: I can't seem to find any answers to whether it does or doesn't work in microsoft flight simulator 2020 free flight mode or if its just locked to being used in the activities mode and flight...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msfs xbox how connect hotas