Horrible party chat/guide button glitch

Discus and support Horrible party chat/guide button glitch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday and today every time I hit the guide button, the guide comes from the left side of the screen as usual but there is nothing to display in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by itsBosco, Oct 10, 2017.

1. itsBosco
    itsBosco Guest

Yesterday and today every time I hit the guide button, the guide comes from the left side of the screen as usual but there is nothing to display in the window, it's just blank. It also disconnects me from any party I am in and puts me in a party by myself.

It's hard to get screenshots of this since it's a dashboard thing. This has happened both when I'm in a game and hit the button and when I'm just at the dashboard and hit the button.

I have hard reset twice and it still does it.

My console was in the preview program but I deleted the preview program app and I thought I removed myself from it because I hated the constant updates and issues. Anyone else know what is causing this?

Thanks.

:)

itsBosco, Oct 10, 2017
  2. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Why can i hear gamechat while I'm in a party?

Go to Party in Guide Menu (Center Button on Controller) & set your Party Options to Party Chat & not Game Chat etc..

OCRyzen, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    Can you play Xbox Originals and still be connected to Xbox Live?

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

@LostKauz.. Just asking..

If you're in Party Chat & it's not set to Game Chat, while playing an Originals game... Shouldn't it just use the dashboard for communication [Can still use Guide Button] & the console will open ports for party chat etc..??

[/quote]No, you're removed from Party Chat. The Guide Button is replaced with all current Support from Xbox LIVE while playing Xbox OG Games.

Elohmn, Oct 10, 2017
  4. OCRyzen Win User

Why can i hear gamechat while I'm in a party?

Go to Party in Guide Menu (Center Button on Controller) & set your Party Options to Party Chat & not Game Chat etc..
  5. GillyH Win User

Xbox one party and game chat

Agree. Party chat built in on the guide button is far better on 360 and works better
  6. Elohmn Win User

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

If you're in Party Chat & it's not set to Game Chat, while playing an Originals game... Shouldn't it just use the dashboard for communication [Can still use Guide Button] & the console will open ports for party chat etc..??

[/quote]No, you're removed from Party Chat. The Guide Button is replaced with all current Support from Xbox LIVE while playing Xbox OG Games.
  7. OCRyzen Win User

8. CMUchippewa Win User

ea network down?

Chat is horrible with BF4. I found a way around it though. So you have to go the home screen and push the menu button and QUIT out of BF4. THEN start a party and enable party chat. After that enables, then boot up BF4. I'd imagine it works the same
    with Madden. At the top of the party chat, it should say "Pre-Game" chat. If it says "Battlefield 4 Game Chat" or something like that, you didn't fully quit out of BF4.
Thema:

1. Horrible party chat/guide button glitch - Similar Threads - Horrible party chat

2. Xbox lagging horribly nothing works

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox lagging horribly nothing works: Has anyone else been dealing with this ? Restarting doesn’t work and my boyfriend is having the issues with his , it’s becoming impossible to play games submitted by /u/JeromeBigCock [link]...
  3. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  4. WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC: Hi all, I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU. Hardware is not the issue here. I am able to...
  5. Horrible xbox family settings menu and website

in XboX Insiders
    Horrible xbox family settings menu and website: Why is it so hard to log in and change my kids settings on xbox family??!! Google and Microsoft give me sooooooooooo many options that lead to nowhere! Crapiest not user friendly menu ever! All I...
  6. Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.: Hiya, whenever I use the recording features of Xbox Game Bar within games, a loud buzzing sound is recorded. This doesn't occur with non-Steam games, as far as I know. I've seen other threads from...
  7. Xbox New Dashboard = horrible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox New Dashboard = horrible: Does anyone know if there is going to be an option to remove the junk tiles/feeds from the new Xbox Series S dashboard? I had all of my games grouped, categorised and sorted but this new update...
  8. The new Xbox menu is horrible to navigate and he’s missing several key factors that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The new Xbox menu is horrible to navigate and he’s missing several key factors that...: Why does your new menu have to be so hard to navigate hiding all the necessities to where we can’t find them easily your old menu worked just fine. This new menu is straight garbage. Where is game...
  9. my audio in sea of thieves sounds horrible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my audio in sea of thieves sounds horrible: every time I open sea of thieves the audio will start off sounding normal but a few seconds later it will cut out for about five seconds, but when it comes back it 0sound all crackly and bad and...
  10. Another horrible XBOX enforcement.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Another horrible XBOX enforcement.: my friend got suspended by saying "L Bozo".. worse than roblox moderation. 4fe9768f-7b25-48b6-9f9b-66aaa37fbf96