Horrible party chat/guide button glitch

Discus and support Horrible party chat/guide button glitch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday and today every time I hit the guide button, the guide comes from the left side of the screen as usual but there is nothing to display in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by itsBosco, Oct 10, 2017.

1. itsBosco
    itsBosco Guest

Yesterday and today every time I hit the guide button, the guide comes from the left side of the screen as usual but there is nothing to display in the window, it's just blank. It also disconnects me from any party I am in and puts me in a party by myself.

It's hard to get screenshots of this since it's a dashboard thing. This has happened both when I'm in a game and hit the button and when I'm just at the dashboard and hit the button.

I have hard reset twice and it still does it.

My console was in the preview program but I deleted the preview program app and I thought I removed myself from it because I hated the constant updates and issues. Anyone else know what is causing this?

Thanks.

:)

itsBosco, Oct 10, 2017
  2. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Why can i hear gamechat while I'm in a party?

Go to Party in Guide Menu (Center Button on Controller) & set your Party Options to Party Chat & not Game Chat etc..

OCRyzen, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    Can you play Xbox Originals and still be connected to Xbox Live?

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

@LostKauz.. Just asking..

If you're in Party Chat & it's not set to Game Chat, while playing an Originals game... Shouldn't it just use the dashboard for communication [Can still use Guide Button] & the console will open ports for party chat etc..??

[/quote]No, you're removed from Party Chat. The Guide Button is replaced with all current Support from Xbox LIVE while playing Xbox OG Games.

Elohmn, Oct 10, 2017
  4. OCRyzen Win User

Why can i hear gamechat while I'm in a party?

Go to Party in Guide Menu (Center Button on Controller) & set your Party Options to Party Chat & not Game Chat etc..
  5. GillyH Win User

Xbox one party and game chat

Agree. Party chat built in on the guide button is far better on 360 and works better
  6. Elohmn Win User

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

If you're in Party Chat & it's not set to Game Chat, while playing an Originals game... Shouldn't it just use the dashboard for communication [Can still use Guide Button] & the console will open ports for party chat etc..??

[/quote]No, you're removed from Party Chat. The Guide Button is replaced with all current Support from Xbox LIVE while playing Xbox OG Games.
  7. OCRyzen Win User

8. onyxishere Win User

Party issues if party members are in different games.

Can you make sure that your tag didn't automatically switch to Game Chat when you enter the party? It seems to happen a lot. Check out your tag in the party and press A on it. If it is in Game Chat then switch it to Party Chat.

If that does not work then while the party is snapped press the Guide button to go home and then highlight the party press the Menu button and select Quit.

If that doesn't work then you'll need to power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down.
Thema:

1. Horrible party chat/guide button glitch - Similar Threads - Horrible party chat

2. Absolutely HORRIBLE customer support

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Absolutely HORRIBLE customer support: Has any one else had different Xbox players send them nasty messages and when you respond back telling them to leave you [mod removed] alone they report your message and you receive a ban? I’ve...
  3. Why do the shadows on my games have horrible pixelization.(XSX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do the shadows on my games have horrible pixelization.(XSX): All my shadows on all games-have a weird shimmer affect that makes the whole image look terrible.I’m playing on a 4k monitor as well so they should not look like this.And my buddys on series S do...
  4. Brand new PSN and Microsoft account, can't link, HORRIBLE customer service...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brand new PSN and Microsoft account, can't link, HORRIBLE customer service...: I'm having an absolutely horrible experience with Minecraft, Microsoft account and PSN. New PSN account, not linked to a Microsoft account. Tried linked to my Microsoft account, said that...
  5. My Series S looks horrible.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S looks horrible.: I bought my Series S second hand from Cex. I hadn't noticed at first since I was playing on a 720p TV but once I got a brand new tv it was obvious that the Series s looked terrible. The Dashboard...
  6. This is horrible!! I only want to remove a card from my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is horrible!! I only want to remove a card from my account.: YOURE TELLING ME I HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE DAY JUST TO GET IN LINE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? The person might just put me on hold again and never come back. No it’s not connected to any...
  7. Moderators Censor My Post Calling Out Xbox's Horrible Enforcement.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Moderators Censor My Post Calling Out Xbox's Horrible Enforcement.: Earlier today I posted something stating how I was mad that Xbox had suspended my account, extended my suspension after I appealed, and then responded to my second appeal not my sending me the...
  8. The new dashboard is horrible. We as a community don't want the dashboard.

in XboX Insiders
    The new dashboard is horrible. We as a community don't want the dashboard.: The new dashboard is horrible. We as a community want to see the background image. Take the dashboard https://twitter.com/souls_ninja/status/1567921855956398081?t=KEIo3iWKUAPa1uzWAEsjbQ&s=19...
  9. Horrible customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    Horrible customer service: I have had honestly the worst costumer service experience ever with Microsoft, I have a 5 year old account with about a thousand dollars worth of games my old x box broke so I went to get a brand...
  10. Sacred 3, horrible or what?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sacred 3, horrible or what?: I didn't buy the game and thank god I didn't, the reviews and gameplay videos I see are all terrible. I was a fan of Sacred 1 back in the day, skipped Sacred 2 and now I'm gonna skip the third...