Horizon 3: Thumbnail not displaying over game in *my game and apps*

Discus and support Horizon 3: Thumbnail not displaying over game in *my game and apps* in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anybody else experiencing this issue on their pre-loaded FH3 standard ed? I go to My Games and Apps - all I see is a grey box with "pre-ordered" and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Speedster996, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

Anybody else experiencing this issue on their pre-loaded FH3 standard ed? I go to My Games and Apps - all I see is a grey box with "pre-ordered" and Forza Horizon 3 labelled at the bottom. If I pin it to home, I see a green box with a pin icon in the
    middle and the game's title labelled at the bottom. It wasn't like this the last time my console was on. I've already tried a hard reset. I did delete the FH3 demo although that shouldn't prevent the avatar/thumbnail from being displayed properly over the
    fully pre-loaded game.

May the devs have done this on purpose until the game is released, who knows.

Weird though... I've never had a game or app do this.

:)

Speedster996, Sep 20, 2016
  2. CTXCI
    CTXCI Guest
    One S drops HDMI connection previewing some videos in the store? Video attached to post

So, I just noticed this happening today. When I hover over the game trailers to let the thumbnails autoplay (for instance, I'll show you Forza Horizon 3) in the store, my Xbox seems to drop the HDMI connection for about 2 seconds, losing all audio and video.
    I have a Samsung 4K HDR TV and my Xbox video output settings are correct and says my TV is fully supported for 4K and HDR. I haven't experienced this yet with any other item in the store...yet. Am I the only one experiencing this? It's kind of weird that a
    game video preview would drop the HDMI connection.

To simulate what I did:

- Go to the Black Friday screen on Xbox

- Go to the game section

- Scroll down and click on Forza Horizon 3 Standard Ed.

- Scroll down to the Trailers section of the game

- Do NOT click to full screen, let the thumbnails autoplay while hovering over one of them

- Once one starts playing, scroll over one spot to let another thumbnail autoplay (this is when it happens)

- And then go back and forth between the 2 separate thumbnail previews, allowing each one to start playing

- The HDMI connection drops each time

Video showing issue

CTXCI, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Annoying Problem Please Help [Lords & Kingdoms Cover Art Replacing Art For Multiple Games]

I have a lot of digital 360 games. Most of their thumbnails show normally, but the following games have thumbnails of Kingdoms of Lords for Windows Phone:

• Clash of Heroes
    • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    • From Dust
    • Magic 2014
    • Pac-Man CE DX
    • Shadow Complex
    • Soulcalibur II HD
    • Super Meat Boy
    • The Raven
    • The Walking Dead (season one)
    • Virtua Fighter FS
    I contacted support about another topic and have done the following things since seeing the thumbnails:

• Cleared the cache five times
    • Deleted the rights/licenses file under System Items in storage (as suggested because a game wasn't downloading)
    • Deleted system updates using LB RB X LB RB X, restarted the console, and redownloaded the latest system update
    The thumbnails for the above games are still not displaying correctly. Any suggestions? I have 9.8 GB of storage space, so I can't imagine that it's a physical memory limitation.

RogerTheAtheist, Sep 20, 2016
  4. CarstenE
    CarstenE Guest

Hey there,

Are you a preview member? If yes it maybe is related to this. As Long as the Game works when ist released the tile should fix it self somehow.

-lg 2Bad4You

CarstenE, Sep 21, 2016
  5. wavesolo10
    wavesolo10 Guest
    This happened to me as well I thought something was wrong. I purchased the game from amazon digitally. Installed it and same thing blank tile. When you actually press play it does not say oops too early it says something about not having the game license.

wavesolo10, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey guys -

This is a known issue and the appropriate teams are investigating. But don't worry too much, it has no impact on you being able to play the game when it launches. Horizon 3: Thumbnail not displaying over game in *my game and apps* :)

Miss Bijoux, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: