Homefront = awesome graphics, sandbox, free DLC, No season pass and it's in Philly

Discus and support Homefront = awesome graphics, sandbox, free DLC, No season pass and it's in Philly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Here is a dandy little video on singleplayer hands-on and it looks sweet. The graphics look crisp and the incendiary round on the shotgun look so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brandiesel1, Apr 8, 2016.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Homefront = awesome graphics, sandbox, free DLC, No season pass and it's in Philly

Here is a dandy little
    video
    on singleplayer hands-on and it looks sweet. The graphics look crisp and the incendiary round on the shotgun look so cool.

According to this
    article
    they've decided to not use the season pass model. It will have minor microtransactions, but they can be obtained in normal play. It will have at least 1 year of free DLC. No stinking map packs. Below is from the link.

According to Salim, this ethos extends to post-launch content. Dambuster Studios and publisher Deep Silver will introduce new missions for free, opting to eschew the traditional season pass and map pack model used in many other modern
    shooters

"Everything that's available in the game is available for free, and even after release we're going to continue to be delivering missions, drip-feeding them into the community for at least a year," he explained. "There's always
    going to be new content delivered for free, players are going to have lots of stuff to dig their teeth into.

"We're not doing any sort of packs. We're not making map packs or anything like that. As we're done with a mission, we're going to release it, the community can go ahead and play it, and we're going to keep doing that for
    at least a year after release."

Thoughts? Will this buck the trend or is it an anomaly?

:)

brandiesel1, Apr 8, 2016
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Boo Hiss Season Pass

There's hope. Homefront will not have a season pass or paid dlc. All dlc will be free as it's ready. they specifically said they do not want season passes so maybe we will see a trend?

brandiesel1, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Lord Dirt
    Lord Dirt Guest
    PLEASE ANSWER 'Season pass' question

Season Pass = 4 DLC Packs and some free weapon skins. I don't know how you can't understand that. No one is getting any DLC packs for free.

Lord Dirt, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Homefront = awesome graphics, sandbox, free DLC, No season pass and it's in Philly

The beta was beyond bad. It's hard to sell a season pass when no one buys the core game.

Dangerboy4020, Apr 8, 2016
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    The singleplayer looks a million times better plus if they didn't think many people would buy it, you would assume they'd sell a season pass and dlc packs to try and make extra cash.

brandiesel1, Apr 8, 2016
  6. The fact that they aren't charging for DLC and won't be doing any kind of "packs" means I'll be keeping my eye on this. Even if the game isn't quite as good as some others, I'll still be willing to spend my money as a show of support for the concept. Hopefully,
    the "no packs" idea also means no 'wreck packs' (looking at you, H5). What a ridiculously deployed concept.

A Blue Illusion, Apr 8, 2016
  7. R1CH5TER
    R1CH5TER Guest
    Like the sound of that, with the game being supported for 1 year without additional cost it has now peaked my interest. If I like what I see of the game it may just end up being a day one buy for me

R1CH5TER, Apr 8, 2016
  8. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

I don't see this being the norm from here on out...the door for dlc/season pass has already been blown off the hinges. This studio is trying to earn publicity and good will (re: marketing ploy)...The only non-dlc/non-season pass type future I see, is if
    there is a bump in standard game prices (which will happen again someday, $59.99 has been around for a while now, despite inflation).

Burnin TODI, Apr 8, 2016
  9. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    What are wreck packs? Never played H5.

brandiesel1, Apr 8, 2016
  10. What are wreck packs? Never played H5.

They're a micro transaction system used in the Warzone game type. Basically, they removed all power weapons and vehicles from the maps in Warzone. Then they deployed a points system
    for kills, base captures and etc. Build up points to a certain level, unlock a certain tier of power weapons/vehicles you can use in that match. You also build up points to unlock more packs as well, so technically you don't have to buy them. You can earn
    them through grinding Warzone.

The packs are also loaded with a bunch of cosmetic armor customization skins and other junk as well, all rng based. They're actually called 'REQ' packs, short for requisition...
    I just spelled it the way I feel it affected the Warzone game type.

A Blue Illusion, Apr 8, 2016
  11. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Oh I see but are those packs pay to win?

brandiesel1, Apr 8, 2016
  12. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    I agree with danger, if they the SP plays as good as that video looks they might be ok, but the beta was so awful it wasn't funny.

EnenDaveyBoy, Apr 8, 2016
  13. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest

Halo Guardians req packs aren't pay to win,mainly because you can earn them by just playing.

Can you win with req packs ? Yes,but you can loose too.A good team will always make the difference,there is also a stategy part by using a req.Halo Guardians is quite well balance.

Homefront got no appeal and i don't like the lore.

Tzar of kaos, Apr 8, 2016
  14. I'll wait for a sale before picking up this game.

MonsterGuy2014, Apr 8, 2016
  15. "The beta was beyond bad. It's hard to sell a season pass when no one buys the core game."

Yeah, I have to agree.

I did pre-order this already for the One as I enjoyed the first game. After seeing this video and how well it seems to look on PC, plus the fact that it will probably be a game I will only play the single player on, I will probably switch.

Guerrero Ultimo, Apr 8, 2016
Thema: