Home Xbox Scenario

Discus and support Home Xbox Scenario in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to understand how to home Xbox setting actually works. Here's the scenario: As an adult and the family organizer, I have the Xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dubstir, Apr 24, 2023.

1. dubstir
    dubstir Guest

Home Xbox Scenario

I am trying to understand how to home Xbox setting actually works.

Here's the scenario:

As an adult and the family organizer, I have the Xbox live subscription. There are two minors within this family. Only the miners use their Xbox.

There are 2 Xbox units, 1 X One and 1 Series S.

I understand that as the LIVE subscription holder, my account needs to be logged in to the Xbox in order for the minor to play their game, whether it is on disk on the X one or a digital game on either unit.

From the start of ownership, games were purchased by myself, and different games through both minor accounts over the years.

If I set the X one to "home Xbox", whenever the minor on the series S logs into their account and they want to play a game, they need to log in my account and then switch back to theirs. This then sends an alert to the X one, and kicks them off from playing even though that Xbox is set as "home".

The main issue is, both minors cannot play online games at the same time on two different units which are a room apart.

1) Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

2) Does the account who purchased the game play a role in this mess? Neither of them play the same game.

:)

dubstir, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

I'm sorry, but it looks like you're mixing it up.

As you have stated here:

"GTA was purchased on minor 1's account about a year ago. Minor one uses the XS. Every time minor 1 attempts to play that game, he needs to login to my account and then back to his account. That is the only game that does this, and when he does this, minor 2 gets interrupted on the X."

*Minor 1 uses the XS which leaves Minor 2 to have Xbox one.

Which is why I gave you a set up:

"Since the XS isn't your home, definitely he needs you to log in so he could switch over to his profile to play online (since you have gold).

On the Xbox one for minor 2, since its your home, you wouldn't need to be signed in anymore so he'll not get interrupted when minor 1 signed in on the XS. "

And to answer you questions:

1. Please note that Fortnite is free to play and it doesn't require gold.

*But if you've removed your account and when sign in again, it asks you to set it as home, it means that X isn't your home.

Removing you profile or signing out from console, will not remove the home Xbox if it was.

2. If it requires you to sign in in order minor 1 to play, that means it was not your home and if minor 2 wasn't able to play that means you've set minor 1's as home.

So let's set it up as you wanted,

Let's establish first what console does minor 1 and minor 2 uses and we'll take it from there. Can you tell me if Xbox one is for minor 1 and Xbox series S is for minor 2. Let me know.
  3. Belle B Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

I understand, however, to make things easier for you. Where was the GTA V purchased on? On your account or minor 1?

If it's on your account, only the console that you've set as Home, will be able to access the game. Unless you will let minor 2 use your own account to the non-home Xbox.

So to make things simpler, if you have purchased the game on minor 1, minor 1 can just simply set the other console as his home so both of them can play together.
  4. dubstir Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

So I was looking through the entire purchase history and here are the games purchased under each user account over the past 7 years.

I assume that Microsoft still does not allow a transfer of a purchased game to another Microsoft account within the family. They should definitely allow this, especially when the minor outgrows the "family".

Also considering the games listed under "adult" were only purchased for the minor, but through the "adult" account because no documentation was self-explanatory on the best way to purchase games.

Adult (Gold Subscription)

WWE 2K23

Madden 23

Call of Duty Black Ops

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

UFC 4

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

WWE 2K22

Gang Beasts

Super Animal Royale

Sea of Thieves

Minecraft

Titanfall 2

PUBG

Minor 1 on XS (Series S):

Grand Theft Auto V

Minor 2 on X (one):

Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Online

Mortal Kombat

Grounded

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Marvel Avengers Definitive Edition

Jump Force

Knockout City

Lonely Mountains

Minecraft Dungeons

Journey To The Savage Planet
  5. Belle B Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

Thank you for getting back.

Set the Series S as your home (You don't need to be signed in on that console anymore so you should just log out once you've set it up.)

To remove your account on Series S once you've set it as home follow these steps:

-Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

-Profile & System > Settings > Account > Remove account

-Select your account, and then select "Remove" to confirm.

-Once done, select Close.

On Xbox one X, sign in using your account and switch over to minor 2 profile.

They're good to go. Try it on your end and let me know how it goes.
  6. Belle B Win User

Home Xbox Scenario

Thanks for getting back.

Sadly no, it can't be transferred from one account to the other, although they can share it with each other through home. Have you not tried purchasing the subscription on one of the minor accounts in order for them to share it with each other instead?
Thema:

Home Xbox Scenario

1. Home Xbox Scenario - Similar Threads - Home Scenario

2. Xbox home features

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox home features: Hi if my friend home my account and we try to play me on my own account and him on his account and we ar both online dos the game share feature still work's? Cuz it says thay can play without me...
  3. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  4. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  5. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  6. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  7. Why won't my Xbox connect back up to my home wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect back up to my home wifi?: I use an Xbox series X, and for the last two days it has refused to connect to the wifi. It will connect to my hotspot, but not the wifi. It doesn't give an error, just treats it like I'm not...
  8. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...
  9. i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...: i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still have access to my games please help i have tried changing my password and contacted support both haven’t...
  10. Changing Back Home Screen Customizing

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Back Home Screen Customizing: Im not the only one thinking that we need the old home customizing, where you can Add and remove all things to have a clean home screen with all what you needed set up the way you like instead of...