Home Xbox Not Sharing Anything

Discus and support Home Xbox Not Sharing Anything in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought new Xbox’s for everyone in the house this Christmas. We upgraded to X and S’s. I have been with Xbox for many years (OG owner of every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alpha Wildman, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Home Xbox Not Sharing Anything

I bought new Xbox’s for everyone in the house this Christmas. We upgraded to X and S’s. I have been with Xbox for many years (OG owner of every console) and understand how the home Xbox feature works. Everything is sharing fine between my wife’s account and my daughter’s new Xbox. However I share with my son and it’s giving me the error, owner needs to sign in n his new Series S. I have double checked that it is my home Xbox and it is.

I was able to set it up and download games last night, but this morning it is not working at all. I have ultimate and the wife has the standard game pass. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I would appreciate any help as I want to be able to play with my kids and can’t if game sharing isn’t working, because I have to be signed in on his S series for him to play the games.

The previous Xbox’s are setting on a dresser too, unplugged and not connected, so I know this isn’t the issue. I’ve heard of people selling their previous boxes and other people using their accounts, that is not the case here.

It’s strange that it worked on initial setup last night and then isn’t working this morning.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention!

:)

Alpha Wildman, Dec 26, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi Alpha W, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Shakiru, recommends the following steps for a solution.

Officially, no changes have been announced regarding the Xbox Main and Game Pass Ultimate function.

That said, it is recommended that you try the following on accounts where the subscription is not fully shared:

1. In your console settings go to the "Account" section and select the "Delete accounts" option and choose your account, that will delete your profile from the console but you will not lose any data from it, don't worry.

2. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely (keep your finger on the button even if the light has gone out before the 10 seconds are up, until the time is up). ).

3. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

5. Then add the account back to your console so that all your profile information is downloaded again, it won't take long. This also helps synchronize the licenses of your account in the console.

6. Check if the problem persists.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2fe2fb79-004d-4c63-ab14-a051ea3bf65b

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. nextonex Win User

Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.

I have verified that the model X is the Son's home xbox but I will try these steps when I get home.

Is there anything that you are aware of that would prevent a child account from sharing their gold access on their home xbox with another child account?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamesharing

You can only share on 1 console at a time (although it's only recommended you share on your own console). So if someone has a console set as their Home in order to share with someone and they change their Home to another console, the person sharing on that first console would lose access to anything being shared.
  5. Smwutches Win User

There are 2 xbox Ultimate Subscriptions on my xbox. If I cancel a subscription, will I lose certain games and features like a fortnite profile or the purchase of NHL 24?

6. BrandonLotter Win User

Xbox live disconnects periodically Nat type is moderate with a UPnP message

would you know if this has anything to do with gold sharing as well ie making my profile as "my home xbox" on my brothers console and also making my profile on my xbox "my home xbox"?
Thema:

1. Home Xbox Not Sharing Anything - Similar Threads - Home Sharing Anything

2. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  3. why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  4. Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox: Can anyone help me? For years i’ve paid for game pass ultimate and had my dads xbox as the home xbox of my account so that he can also have access to ultimate. As of today for some reason it is...
  5. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  6. Why is GamePass not sharing through my home xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is GamePass not sharing through my home xbox: I recently swapped my home xbox so my brother can play, and for some reason gamepass ultimate isnt being shared through it, other aspects of my home xbox are working but not sharing gamepass...
  7. why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post of a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  8. 3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox: Hi All, we have 2x live gold users and have 3 xboxes Account A is already home sharing on XBOX 3 can Account B (whom is also a live user) home share on XBOX 3 as well? ergo, can XBOX 3 have...
  9. Help with profiles and sharing Modern Warfare in the same home with 2 Xbox's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with profiles and sharing Modern Warfare in the same home with 2 Xbox's: Hello!! I need HELP! We have two Xbox's in our home...one in the basement for my son-and that is the home XBOX-then one upstairs-my husband and daughter use that one-so we have 3 profiles. I...
  10. my home xbox game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my home xbox game sharing: I set my sons xbox My acount as home xbox But i cant play my games in his account 7f03308b-22c5-4ffd-ac4a-997b210e51bb