HOI4 crashes with mods (bought HOI4 from Windows XBOX)

Discus and support HOI4 crashes with mods (bought HOI4 from Windows XBOX) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hearts of Iron crashes when I run the game with mods, particularly those greater than 500MB. This problem has not happened with me before as I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AuthGeneral, Dec 15, 2022.

1. AuthGeneral
    AuthGeneral Guest

Hearts of Iron crashes when I run the game with mods, particularly those greater than 500MB. This problem has not happened with me before as I was still using the same computer and I ran HOI4 mods as big as 4GB but now when I run a mod like Millennium Dawn, it crashes and sends me to the desktop. I was wondering if anybody can help me on this issue. Thanks.

:)

AuthGeneral, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello AuthGeneral, Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Dericka Win User

Hoi4 cadet edition is not working on Windows

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please check if your Windows has an update? If there is, please update it then restart your PC and check if there's any changes. Thanks!
  4. CurtFish892 Win User

HOI4 purchased DLC isn't showing up

There is no network problem? The problem is that the hoi4 game and its DLC's are not appearing in the xbox app store. I can still play the game as it appears in my library, but, the DLC's are simply not in the store anymore. So, I lost all my DLC's I purchased.
  5. Staś Parma Win User

Xbox Game Pass stuck downloading a game

Unfortunately, this didn't work. it's still stuck checking for updates and trying to download something with 0 B/S

Also, one thing I might add, for some reason, if I try to play a game, everything is ok, however, if it uses Paradoxes' launcher it doesn't open. The reason might be that Xbox is stuck downloading HOI4, one of Paradox's games.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

HOI4 Cadet Edition won't launch

It shows that it's running, so I'd ask that you try a couple keyboard commands to see if it'll show up on screen.

First would be "Win+Tab" That should pull up all the open screens that you have on that desktop. If you have multiple desktops, it should display all the windows for both. See if it shows up as an option there.

Secondly, if it's off the screen, which I've sometimes had apps open up where I couldn't reach the top bar to move them, pressing "Win+ up arrow" will make the selected app fill the screen if it's selected (which I guess now that I write that makes me wonder
    if the icon for the game is showing up in the task bar?)

Outside of that, I'd check the store to see if you can launch from there, or directly from the start menu. If it still doesn't launch, I'd try going to Settings > Apps > Hears of Iron and select it, click "Advanced options" and then click "Reset" to see
    if that fixes it. A full reboot after resetting wouldn't hurt either.

Are you able to launch any other games for Game Pass for PC without issue?
Thema:

1. HOI4 crashes with mods (bought HOI4 from Windows XBOX) - Similar Threads - HOI4 crashes mods

2. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  3. My xbox double flashes and crashes my game any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox double flashes and crashes my game any help?: When playing watch dogs legion my game often crashes in very short spaces of time with my Xbox flashing twice every time it crashes. 20c9e003-3671-4251-9e3b-a54571c4da23
  4. Xbox Software Crashing Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Software Crashing Issue: I'm having problems running the XBOX APP, the software logs in and browses normally but after a while it gets stuck, unresponsive and then flashes back. Tried a lot of things on the internet with...
  5. Hoi4 cadet edition is not working on Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hoi4 cadet edition is not working on Windows: So I have a Windows Device remember that. So every time I open my Xbox app and open hoi4, The launcher opens and 2 minutes later i get (Looks like you launcher is not responding. Do you want to...
  6. DLCs for Crusader Kings 3 and HOI4 not appearing on their launcher after purchase. Anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLCs for Crusader Kings 3 and HOI4 not appearing on their launcher after purchase. Anyone...: [img] [img] There's supposed to be a DLC tab on the launcher, but not appearing even with the DLCs installed. And I've uninstalled both games, reinstalled them. Uninstalled the Xbox App, nothing...
  7. Achievements not loading and not showing their name and not saving on my account HOI4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not loading and not showing their name and not saving on my account HOI4: soo I did the incredibly hard "Not one step back" achievement and when I go to sleep and wake up and log in to HOI4 and try to go ironman mode and do another achievement I see that it didn't save...
  8. HOI4 I CANT TAKE ACHIEVEMENTS (Logged in with Paradox account)

in XBoX on Windows
    HOI4 I CANT TAKE ACHIEVEMENTS (Logged in with Paradox account): after HOI4 update 1.9.1 in my achievements shows me this: I'm connected to the paradox account. What is the problem? I play from xbox game pass version. I tried "reset" and "repair" but nothing...
  9. HOI4 Cadet Edition won't launch

in XBoX on Windows
    HOI4 Cadet Edition won't launch: I recently got Hearts of Iron 4 via Xbox Gamepass for PC, launched it and nothing happened. I checked task manager and it was in fact running, just not doing anything. I've looked for a answer to...
  10. HOI4 does not work in the microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    HOI4 does not work in the microsoft store: Hearts of Iron 4 stays open for a minute before closing. To clarify, I can start and play the game just fine, but if I wait too long it crashes. Additionally, mods immediately disable themselves...