HOI4 Cadet Edition won't launch

Discus and support HOI4 Cadet Edition won't launch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently got Hearts of Iron 4 via Xbox Gamepass for PC, launched it and nothing happened. I checked task manager and it was in fact running, just not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lorema06, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Lorema06
    Lorema06 Guest

I recently got Hearts of Iron 4 via Xbox Gamepass for PC, launched it and nothing happened. I checked task manager and it was in fact running, just not doing anything. I've looked for a answer to this problem, only saw one forum post where a mod gave a
    stupid answer that had the most incorrect grammar I've seen and suddenly the mod started talking about Dirt Rally 2, seems to me that the Moderators are quite competent here.

Anyway, has anyone found a way to fix this issue?

:)

Lorema06, Feb 2, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

It shows that it's running, so I'd ask that you try a couple keyboard commands to see if it'll show up on screen.

First would be "Win+Tab" That should pull up all the open screens that you have on that desktop. If you have multiple desktops, it should display all the windows for both. See if it shows up as an option there.

Secondly, if it's off the screen, which I've sometimes had apps open up where I couldn't reach the top bar to move them, pressing "Win+ up arrow" will make the selected app fill the screen if it's selected (which I guess now that I write that makes me wonder
    if the icon for the game is showing up in the task bar?)

Outside of that, I'd check the store to see if you can launch from there, or directly from the start menu. If it still doesn't launch, I'd try going to Settings > Apps > Hears of Iron and select it, click "Advanced options" and then click "Reset" to see
    if that fixes it. A full reboot after resetting wouldn't hurt either.

Are you able to launch any other games for Game Pass for PC without issue?
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Lorema06

I've done a little bit of digging about any others with a similar issue to find possible solutions and have found that some have solved the issue by changing the resolution in the initial launcher that appears to windowed or anything but fullscreen and the
    game should launch. I'm not too familiar with this game so I'm not quite sure what launcher the threads refer to but this seems to be a common solution. Here is the thread for reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/hoi4/comments/dxb1ic/game_not_working_on_game_pass/

Another user on that thread mentioned it was the anti-virus preventing the game from launching and just added the .exe into the exceptions. Hopefully, that information is helpful to you.
  4. Lorema06 Win User

The Paradox Launcher does not open whenever I launch the game (I presume thats what the thread refers to). And my anti-virus is definetly not the thing stopping it, as when I even installed the Xbox (Beta) app, by giving it access to my protected hardrive
    it pretty much got all permissions to go do whatever it wants. And if my Anti-Virus were to have halted the process, I would've received a notification, I even checked the log.
  5. Lorema06 Win User

Yes, I'm able to launch any other games without Issue. And unfortunately, no, none of the things you told me to try have fixed the game.
  6. Dericka Win User

Hoi4 cadet edition is not working on Windows

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please check if your Windows has an update? If there is, please update it then restart your PC and check if there's any changes. Thanks!
Thema:

1. HOI4 Cadet Edition won't launch - Similar Threads - HOI4 Cadet Edition

2. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  3. Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...: Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I tried booting it up in low resolution mode. This seems to be the best method to fix it when looking up guides etc, but there was...
  4. Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed game code Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition on Xbox1 - then realised not...: My son got an xbox one for his birthday. An uncle emailed him a game code for Forza Motorsport: Premium Edition that same day. We entered the game code not knowing that this game is not compatible...
  5. Hoi4 cadet edition is not working on Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hoi4 cadet edition is not working on Windows: So I have a Windows Device remember that. So every time I open my Xbox app and open hoi4, The launcher opens and 2 minutes later i get (Looks like you launcher is not responding. Do you want to...
  6. HOI4 crashes with mods (bought HOI4 from Windows XBOX)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HOI4 crashes with mods (bought HOI4 from Windows XBOX): Hearts of Iron crashes when I run the game with mods, particularly those greater than 500MB. This problem has not happened with me before as I was still using the same computer and I ran HOI4 mods...
  7. DLCs for Crusader Kings 3 and HOI4 not appearing on their launcher after purchase. Anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLCs for Crusader Kings 3 and HOI4 not appearing on their launcher after purchase. Anyone...: [img] [img] There's supposed to be a DLC tab on the launcher, but not appearing even with the DLCs installed. And I've uninstalled both games, reinstalled them. Uninstalled the Xbox App, nothing...
  8. Achievements not loading and not showing their name and not saving on my account HOI4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not loading and not showing their name and not saving on my account HOI4: soo I did the incredibly hard "Not one step back" achievement and when I go to sleep and wake up and log in to HOI4 and try to go ironman mode and do another achievement I see that it didn't save...
  9. HOI4 I CANT TAKE ACHIEVEMENTS (Logged in with Paradox account)

in XBoX on Windows
    HOI4 I CANT TAKE ACHIEVEMENTS (Logged in with Paradox account): after HOI4 update 1.9.1 in my achievements shows me this: I'm connected to the paradox account. What is the problem? I play from xbox game pass version. I tried "reset" and "repair" but nothing...
  10. HOI4 does not work in the microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    HOI4 does not work in the microsoft store: Hearts of Iron 4 stays open for a minute before closing. To clarify, I can start and play the game just fine, but if I wait too long it crashes. Additionally, mods immediately disable themselves...