Ho do you unscrew a stuck thumbstick on an Elite 2 controller?

Discus and support Ho do you unscrew a stuck thumbstick on an Elite 2 controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Elite controller 2 with the left thumbstick drifting. I managed to find a broken elite 2 controller, and I am now trying to swap the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RemleNem, Aug 10, 2023.

1. RemleNem
    RemleNem Guest

Hi,

I have an Elite controller 2 with the left thumbstick drifting.

I managed to find a broken elite 2 controller, and I am now trying to swap the PCB, as Microsoft is snot selling the PCB in Europe yet.

I am following the video from Xbox on how to repair the controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od71PV4X5A4

However, when trying to remove the thumbstick, it just keeps turning anti-clock wise, and does not unscrew.

Has anyone been able to unscrew the thumbstick?

I tried with the tension set to tight, medium, and also loose position to no avail.

:)

RemleNem, Aug 10, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello RemleNem! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Once you have pull off the top caps and removed the top part of the shell, you should be able to hold the thumbstick and turn it until it comes off.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  4. LeGiTxxPunkSteR Win User

xbox one elite controller

My first elite controller broke in the first week, the left thumbstick internal snapped, hopefully the series 2 controller is good
  5. John P_14 Win User

Xbox series X controller left stick constantly registered as pushed in

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the left thumbstick on your Xbox Series X controller. It's possible that the thumbstick is not properly calibrated or that there is some debris stuck under the thumbstick. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Calibrate the thumbstick.

2. Clean the thumbstick and the area around it. Use a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol to gently clean the thumbstick and the area around it. This can help remove any dirt or debris that may be causing the issue.

3. Check for debris. If there is debris stuck under the thumbstick, it could be causing the thumbstick to register as being pressed when it is not. Carefully inspect the thumbstick and use a small tool, such as a toothpick or a pin, to remove any debris that you find.

4. Check the controller's firmware. Make sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your controller.

If none of these steps fix the issue, it's possible that there is a problem with the controller itself. In this case, you may need to consider sending in your controller to have it repaired/replaced.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Manette élite série 2, la batterie ? [Translation-Elite 2 series controller, the battery?]

Hello Matthieucarlot,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Looking at the website, I am not seeing any extra bonus for pre ordering. Check out this link regarding the

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

A list of items you will be getting :

• Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    • Carrying case
    • Set of 6 thumbsticks: Standard (2), Classic (2), Tall (1), Wide Dome (1)
    • Set of 4 paddles: Medium (2), Mini (2)
    • Set of 2 D-pads: Standard, Faceted
    • Thumbstick-adjustment tool
    • Charging dock
    • USB-C cable

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Ho do you unscrew a stuck thumbstick on an Elite 2 controller? - Similar Threads - unscrew stuck thumbstick

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)": I've tried absolutely everything possible. I can not find a single fix. There is no xbox networking tab either so please don't ask to check that. c1ee0fb9-6b5e-4d8f-8ed9-9d2ae2e11583
  4. My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...: I don't have a computer to reset it using a USB none of the solutions I have seen online have worked submitted by /u/Mias_mandibles [link] [comments]
  5. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  6. Stuck in "Help us fight robot"

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuck in "Help us fight robot": I'm stuck in this "Help us fight robot" I don't know how to fix this problem when logging in Microsoft account it's just shown that "help us fight robot" and "following" and I don't know what's...
  7. xbox stuck on preparing console screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox stuck on preparing console screen: my xbox is stuck on the preparing console screen after i have tried to wipe it. it has been stuck on it for atleast an hour i have tried to hard restart and power cycle it but nothing works when i...
  8. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  9. The Joysticks on the Elite Series 2 wont unscrew

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Joysticks on the Elite Series 2 wont unscrew: I see that people were complaining about the joysticks coming "unscrewed internally" I wish mine could do that mine don't unscrew at all. I have used pliers and the joystick itself. When it...
  10. How to unscrew my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unscrew my Xbox controller: Hello I’m trying to know how can I unscrew a Xbox controller without a tool kit please help fast 12940a00-62ad-4d9a-a47d-cb4465b51b0f