High upload packet loss with Cox

Discus and support High upload packet loss with Cox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been experiencing high upload packet loss with my xbox one since December. I have contacted my ISP 8 times and had techs come out 3 times.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DoomPenguin X, Jan 27, 2014.

1. High upload packet loss with Cox

I have been experiencing high upload packet loss with my xbox one since December. I have contacted my ISP 8 times and had techs come out 3 times. Always the same results. I have Cox Communications in Louisiana. Docsis 3 Cisco DPQ3212 Modem.

Download is 65 mbps

Upload is 15 mbps

Upload packet loss ranges between 10 and 25%

Latency is usually around 84

I've already exhausted every possible solution on my end. Speed tests on the PCs show the same speeds but no packet loss. Cox says it's Microsoft. Microsoft says it's Cox. I have seen several others describing a similar if not identical problems. Looking
    for some kind of answer because I really can't play online with that kind of packet loss. Hopefully if others see this and speak up something can be done.

:)

DoomPenguin X, Jan 27, 2014
  2. Detailed Network Stats

Provider: Cox Communications

Download: 23 Mbps

Upload: 4 Mbps

Packet loss: 1/0 %

MTU:1480

Latency: 86 ms

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Jan 27, 2014
  3. MRFUR1OUS
    MRFUR1OUS Guest
    High upload packet loss = Docsis3 + Xbox one (confirmed)

Cox, docsis 3 high packet loss modem is fine and isolated issue to xbox

MRFUR1OUS, Jan 27, 2014
  4. High upload packet loss with Cox

get cox to run a trace to c were loss is happening either there network or ms. bet u its there network not ms as everyone would have the problem if it was xbox

ProperSkate203, Jan 28, 2014
  5. Yeah I told them to do that but they said they can't unless they know what ip address the Xbox is connecting to on the servers. Microsoft can't tell me that because of security reasons lol. Understandable.

DoomPenguin X, Jan 28, 2014
  6. doompenuin I think they r lying to u as my isp did it for me maybe u need a higher level tech support with cox

7. Oh I know they were full of crap because they told me there wasn't a higher tech support then after talking to a supervisor they transferred me to level 2 support. They tried to run tests but didn't know the ip address.

8. High upload packet loss with Cox

seems like you r being flogged off mate , its more like they don't want to as they no the problem lies with them

9. Seems like it. But just to rule out Xbox they're sending me a new one to try. If it doesn't, then it's Cox. Problem is though they don't know anything about game consoles or how they work. It would take a representative from Microsoft telling them to check
    their servers and the hops to see where the issue is.

10. Timarok
    Timarok Guest
    I am here in Oklahoma and having the same problem with packet loss. spent 3hrs on the phone with MS. They are saying that it is Cox's problem for not having enough bandwith for everyone that is trying to connect to xbox live.

Timarok, Feb 18, 2014
  11. Having the same problem here in Arizona. About a week ago I noticed that I am getting latency and rubber banding issues online. I have done everything I can from restarting, troubleshooting and uninstalling and reinstalling my games. Nothing works. I have
    not contacted COX about it yet but since my internet worked fine until a week ago I am assuming it's the hardware since there's been so many problems with the One's release. I decided to send in a ticket so I can get my unit refurbished.

JAMES IS RAGING, Mar 2, 2014
  12. SteveMS12
    SteveMS12 Guest
    I'm having similar issues with AT&T U-verse. High pings and packet loss. I've had 4 techs to my house and exhausted everything I can do with AT&T.

With the recent Netflix peering issues on some of these networks I'm wondering if the MS peering partner has bottlenecks going to the providers. It seems that the providers are playing a crappy game of not upgrading connections to clog 3rd party peering
    partners so they can sell direct to the major bandwidth services.

SteveMS12, Mar 2, 2014
  13. High upload packet loss with Cox

It seems to me you can easily rule out the ISP by running a ping to an external server. I saw a post on this forum where someone who seemed to be an MS ambassador suggested a ping to 4.2.2.2 with a 1400 byte payload. Doesn't that essentially test the "upload"
    packet loss. I routinely get 8 - 14% upload packet loss using the Xbox1 detailed network statistics test, but 0% when I do that ping. I'm not worried about the download packet loss as both the XB1 tool and my Mac report 0%.

MasculinEHtor, Mar 4, 2014
  14. I am up in Alberta Canada and I am experiencing what my xbox one calls a "high packet loss". My download speed is 20.68 my upload speed in 0.69 download packet loss is 0% upload packet loss is 3% mtu 1480 and latency is 65. When I spoke with Microsoft on
    the issue, they suggested it was my internet providers fault. I got in touch with the provider and they said that's the connection I was paying for. Two days ago I had no issues and no upload or download packet loss of any kind. Suddenly it starts up and after
    upgrading my modem and internet connection I am still experiencing the same problem. So what is really going here. I contacted my provider after doing all of this and they said it could be my DNS address and that I should a google DNS address. However I have
    no idea where to get this DNS information. All I can say is WTF!

LovelyJoey26158, Mar 27, 2014
  15. In az doing the same thing when I was just playing yesterday download is at 59.01 and upload is at 2.54 pack loss is at 15% but everything keeps fluctuating everytime I check and latency doing the same and is at 126ms i need some type of answer because I
    have friends still playing online and probably have Cox just like I do so blaming Cox is not an answer. Lets go Microsoft get it together this is what we as customer pay for not to happen

TruShottaBoy007, Nov 5, 2014
Thema:

High upload packet loss with Cox

1. High upload packet loss with Cox - Similar Threads - High upload packet

2. Upload speed too high

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload speed too high: My upload speed is 400+mbs. My download is 4-600 mbs. I have major glitch and connectivity issues. Kicked constantly. My friends upload is 25-35 and have no issues. Is my high speed bad?...
  3. Is anyone else having low upload speed with high download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having low upload speed with high download speeds: I have 400 mbps download and 20 upload and in the last two weeks the download speed is perfect but the upload speed is between 1.5 and 3.5. I know for a fact its not my internet company so that...
  4. Streaming ruim, upload baixo e latência alta[Poor streaming, low upload and high latency]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming ruim, upload baixo e latência alta[Poor streaming, low upload and high latency]: ola, estou tendo problemas com os serviços da microsoft, atualmente estou jogando pelo próprio xbox porem as vezes estou na casa da minha mãe e tento jogar pelo celular via streaming e tipo quase...
  5. Suddenly my xbox one x is receiving zero download speed but high upload.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly my xbox one x is receiving zero download speed but high upload.: My download speed is Zero, I do not understand why, its wired with 60mpbs, i tried many troubleshooting methods and ended up resetting my console. This is frustrating, its been almost a year...
  6. : Upload speed issue and high ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Upload speed issue and high ping: : Upload speed issue and high ping In a further test with the third xbox in the house, this one is an Xbox one (not an xbox one x). This is wired to an access point in a wifi mesh network (Netgear...
  7. Hitron: Losing upload speed and high packet loss on Xbox one x

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Hitron: Losing upload speed and high packet loss on Xbox one x: Hitron (Modems/Gateways): Losing upload speed and high packet loss on Xbox one x By chance are these times at the same time every week? If this is so then that easily could be your ISP doing...
  8. New Router,High Packet Loss,Slow Upload Speed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Router,High Packet Loss,Slow Upload Speed...: ...but only on my Xbox One. I got a new modem/router today and I'm having high packet loss (around 20%) and basically 0.00Mbps upload speed on my Xbox One.I have done speed tests on every other...
  9. High Upload Packet Loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Upload Packet Loss: My Xbox One is connected to a NetGear WNDR 4300 router and an **** TM822A modem. I am/have been experiencing high upload packet loss issues. I came looking for a fix action. At this time the...
  10. High upload packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    High upload packet loss: My XBOX1 complains of high upload packet loss when I do a multi-player network test. NAT is open. I'm on a wired connection which was previously used (identically) by my XBOX360 without any...