High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

Discus and support High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ElMierdas44, Mar 20, 2024.

1. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help.

My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24), always getting around 20 ping. But 3 days ago I started getting around 50 ping and I can’t seem to get it to go back to normal.

First I rebooted my modem and router. Then I called my provider and they had a go at it. Then they sent a technician who thought the router was the problem since it’s outdated, as it can’t handle the 1GB we pay for. He left a new router and the speed test on my phone now shows around 700-1,100 upload, 40 download, and 14 ping which is great but it didn’t fix it. Then I called my provider and they tried troubleshooting again; they said they saw no issue at all. It makes me feel like maybe the problem is on my Xbox’s end?

On my Xbox’s speed & statistics it showed latency of around 50ms (I tried it again as I write this and it showed 78ms, then 32ms, but still the same issue when I get into a game).

I tried by connecting my xbox directly to the modem, but still get the same. I tried turning off and then unplugging my xbox/modem/router at the same time, but no luck. I ran out of things to try.

Any ideas, recommendations, or solutions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!!

submitted by /u/ElMierdas44
    [link] [comments]

/u/ElMierdas44, Mar 20, 2024
  2. NickD54 Win User

Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues

No lag with Ethernet or high ping , I only get high ping on WiFi it’s bad on 2.4gh and only slightly better on 5gh. On PlayStation and other devices I have no issues whatsoever
  3. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Xbox speed test

Upload seems really low and the ping is too high. My advertised Verizon Fios speed is 75 down and 35 up, I get about 85 up and 35 down with a ping of 20ms on Ethernet.
  4. DominumStige Win User

How to stop the lags in overwatch xbox one?

It could be due to internet congestion and high ping. Try to do a Speddtest on your line. It also verifies that the connection between the console and router is made with an Ethernet cable.
  5. fueled by hate Win User

Live worked yesterday , not today... different codes!!!

taidara is asking if you could plug the ethernet cord into a different ethernet port in the back of the router. Since you successully ping Wireless and you do not when wired, could be a bad ethernet port on the router, or maybe even the Xbox.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

PC gaming is better with Xbox on powerful laptops and desktops.

Do you get better FPS?

If you've got the hardware sure, if not then no. You'll need a high end processor and a high end graphics card.

I've got an 8th Gen i7, 16GB RAM and an RTX graphics card. My graphics card alone cost as much as an Xbox One X!

Obviously with a system like mine, games that the Xbox One S and even the One X that are locked at 30 fps, easily run at 60 fps and beyond on my set-up.

Better ping?

No, but better FPS makes online gaming all the better. Ping will be the same no matter what platform.
Thema:

High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

1. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet. - Similar Threads - High ping ethernet

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  4. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  5. Why is the series X ping so high

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the series X ping so high: Why is my ping around 80 when playing thru the xbox but if I'm playing the same game on geforce now thru edge browser, also on the xbox, it's 10. My ping was much lower on the one X as well, it...
  6. Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet: Hello, I recently have encountered issue where I have very high latency variation across all games. It happened seemingly overnight and have tried all sorts of things to resolve the issue. I tried...
  7. High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise: I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can and I’m starting to think it’s my Xbox since...
  8. High ping issue with Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping issue with Xbox One: Hello! Is this already solved somehow? I read about remarkably high pings with several xbox one users few years ago but did not notice how this was resolved. I bring this up because we are...
  9. Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.: I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and I just cannot find the right adjustments....
  10. Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection

in XboX Insiders
    Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection: Doing some testing on my xbox and noticed my latency was pretty high for some reason (between 53-60, even hit 101 on one test) I checked on my laptop and I am on 12 ms ping. I have gone through...