High ping on 4 xboxes - help please!

Discus and support High ping on 4 xboxes - help please! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Hoping someone can help us. We have 4 xboxes in the house suffering extremely high ping - just on Fortnite alone we are getting spikes of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMoistZebrax, Oct 31, 2023.

1. xMoistZebrax
    xMoistZebrax Guest

Hi!

Hoping someone can help us. We have 4 xboxes in the house suffering extremely high ping - just on Fortnite alone we are getting spikes of 500-1000 ms and it is unplayable. This has only started recently, we have never had any issues before. Whether its one xbox running or all 4, it doesn't make a difference. We also have a PS5 and it runs and plays perfectly. Its just the xboxes.

Our internet has been the same for years, nothing has changed so we can't understand why the connection on the xboxes is suddenly so bad. Have tried an ethernet cable and it made no difference. What else can we do/try before changing ISP as a last resort?

:)

xMoistZebrax, Oct 31, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello XMoistZebrax! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tried doing a full power cycle on one of the consoles?

What about resetting the Xbox keeping games and apps?
  3. Hoosier Noob Win User

High latency on XBox One for past week or so

Looks like this issue is back.....been fine for weeks. I'm on 100/100 fiber with Endeavor now. High pings tonight to the xbox IPs, normal to everywhere else. Help, please?
  4. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

High ping in gears of war 4

Hiya!!

I have noticed a high ping on Gears 5 as well as Gears of War 4 and the ping on other games is just fine. It's possibly on their server side and may be causing the high ping as well. Whenever I have a question of the high ping, I normally do a speed test
    on my line to see if it's my internet or possibly the end server. I have heard of other people having the same issue with these two games.

Happy Gaming!!
  5. Mister Maka Win User

High ping?

Hey there Aubanater.

To check, has your ping always sat at that level? An issue like that is generally going on your network provider's side of things. If you haven't already tried, from a PC, please run this
    Network Speedtest and let us know what kind of Ping you're seeing on that side.
  6. Steph_Corner Win User

high ping

Hi CleanCalf366551 there is a few things you can do the first thing I suggest is to go to your network and run a network detail stats test this will be a screenshot of what youre running at that very moment compare it to speed test you do on your computer
    you use Speedtest.net that's a good site to use. Look for three things

DOWNLOAD SPEED compare to your speed test (keep in mind this can be a little lower than what youre getting from your pc usually in a window 10 to 15 down from your what you get on your pc)

UPLOAD SPEED This should not be higher than your download speed

PACKET LOSS THIS SHOULD BE LESS THAN 2%

once you do this Go offline on your console and power down for 30 second and make sure it plugged into the outlet not a power supply as xbox one have a built in power supply

if this doesnt work check your updates go to system, console info and update , and then update look for latest update status see if the update is successful if it is not and it has failed you will need to reset your console don't worry you can reset and
    keep your games and apps so you don't have to reinstall everything! only thing you need to ensure is that you have your email and pass handy before you do that step

This usually resolve the issue if not then look into opening your ports on your router

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
    remember everything is controlled by your router (its like your car (xbox) if the gas (network) has water (block ports) your car isn't going to run very well)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution

good luck!
Thema:

1. High ping on 4 xboxes - help please! - Similar Threads - High ping xboxes

2. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  3. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  4. High ping issue with Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping issue with Xbox One: Hello! Is this already solved somehow? I read about remarkably high pings with several xbox one users few years ago but did not notice how this was resolved. I bring this up because we are...
  5. Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection

in XboX Insiders
    Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection: Doing some testing on my xbox and noticed my latency was pretty high for some reason (between 53-60, even hit 101 on one test) I checked on my laptop and I am on 12 ms ping. I have gone through...
  6. Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows): Hello, I have since about a day the problem that my ping to the Xbox network is very high. This is consistently at about 170ms. A reasonable game is not possible. UPDATE: I have set the server...
  7. High ping on xbox series x all of a sudden

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on xbox series x all of a sudden: So I've had my xbox for awhile and the last 2 to 3 weeks all of a sudden I haven't been able to much of anything on it. If I try to play games I constantly lose connection. When I try to play fps...
  8. High ping all of a sudden on Xbox Series X over WIFI

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping all of a sudden on Xbox Series X over WIFI: Over the past few days my ping has been high and inconsistent on my Series X. When I test the network speed and statistics I get results between 150-200ping (although speeds are still reading fine...
  9. Extremely high ping on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely high ping on Xbox series X: Hi guys. I’m getting extremely high ping on my new Xbox series X, the reason I bought the Xbox series X was because I was also getting high ping on my previous Xbox one S. No other device in the...
  10. Extremely high Ping on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely high Ping on Xbox Series S: I have a series S with an extremely high ping. Xbox has ping around 160ms when other devices on network have ping in the single digits. I have gigabit fibre internet and xbox is connected...