High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise

Discus and support High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by InstinctsON, Jan 11, 2024.

1. InstinctsON
    InstinctsON Guest

I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can and I’m starting to think it’s my Xbox since it’s happening on all of my accounts, not just my main account. My internet tests say I should be getting 30 as well and I’m very confused. PS this only happens to me out of all of my friends and I play on NA-WEST

:)

InstinctsON, Jan 11, 2024
  2. InstinctsON Win User

If you have any other advise I’m listening
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi InstinctsON, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Then, also change your connection DNS:

Please, follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

I hope this helps.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

You can try to contact your Internet Provider and ask them to do a checkup on your connection and possibly set the DMZ for your console as well.
  5. InstinctsON Win User

I have an open NAT already, and my router is in the living room so an Ethernet cable won’t reach my console ( I have a series s btw if that changes anything). My bad, I didn’t read the whole article, but I have no clue what router type mine is and I have no clue on how to check so I’ll just wait for it to fix itself ig
  6. InstinctsON Win User

Thanks for the advice, but It didnt work.
Thema:

1. High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise - Similar Threads - High Ping games

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  4. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  5. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  6. Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.: I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and I just cannot find the right adjustments....
  7. : High ping in game

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : High ping in game: : High ping in game Hello Fordfourx4, Thank you for your post. I understand you have some concerns over your ping while playing games in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. To troubleshoot this please...
  8. High ping game searches on modern warefare

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping game searches on modern warefare: Ive been playing modern warefare a lot recently and it seems like whenever I search for a game, keep in mind I really only play hardcore tdm and free for all, that it starts by saying searching...
  9. Xbox server high ping and choppy game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox server high ping and choppy game play: About the last month i've been having 4% packet loss high latency and low up load speed in tests. Game play choppy laggy players move faster then they should which means game is playing catch up...
  10. high ping and game lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    high ping and game lag: I recently purchased XBox One and also a Live membership. When I play Rocket League in particular it shows my PING is very high, in the 300s. Game plays but does lag. Can someone tell me what...