High ping game searches on modern warefare

Discus and support High ping game searches on modern warefare in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive been playing modern warefare a lot recently and it seems like whenever I search for a game, keep in mind I really only play hardcore tdm and free... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CurtisMajeskie, Apr 7, 2020.

1. High ping game searches on modern warefare

Ive been playing modern warefare a lot recently and it seems like whenever I search for a game, keep in mind I really only play hardcore tdm and free for all, that it starts by saying searching for a match with 25ms ping. Within seconds it jumps to 42ms,
    then 58ms, and then I usually find a game in that range, which you think wouldnt be bad. It is though. Whenever I am playing, especially when I run into another player I lag, almost like the fps drops dramatically. Ive reset my modem and router, cleared al
    caches, ran wired and wireless, and have done stat tests on multiple device. It always comes back with 40-60m download 11-15m upload and between 15-25 ms ping with 0 packet loss, and when wireless my signal strength is always 99-100%. I have done everything
    I can think of to fix this issue including chatting with activision customer support but that never seems to even work because my captcha always resets whenever I try to start up chat, and i doubt they can do anything anyway. This all started shortly after
    wisconsin issued their safer at home order with the covid19 pandemic. Do you think its the sheer amount of people online or what. I really enjoy playing the game, but its becoming increasingly frustrating to lag only when I run into other players...

:)

CurtisMajeskie, Apr 7, 2020
  2. CurtisMajeskie Win User

Update, i found another question thread and someone said try reseting mac address, give this a try i just had the best gane in almost a week, no lag, still a higher ping than normal but no other issues!!!
  3. BC is online Win User

Hello!

Ive been having the same issues, i think some of it has to do with current servers
  4. CurtisMajeskie Win User

Updated discription

When i say seems like my fps drops dramatically i mean like 10-15% maybe almost like i can still play at normal speed but if I pay attention that i can actually see the refresh while moving or panning the screen but only when i am in close proximity of others.
    Since I like playing hardcore exclusively I have no kill cam to go off of. Which brings up another point, the game winning kill cam is almost always my last kill even if im not in the top 3 on free for all or if my team didnt win the match. Any thoughts?
  5. CurtisMajeskie Win User

Im glad to see that im I am not the only person with this issue. Ive talked to others while playing the game and most people think Im just whining about not being able to get the kill. Im all for
    [Mod removed- inappropriate] talking but I am having a real issue here and its making me wanna stop playing.
  6. JakeConway Win User

NO GAMES FOUND when searching for MW2 lobby

Hassassinade i think it could be to do with her ping from her location to Modern Warefare 2's server.

As you said you didn't have a problem connecting to a game
Thema:

1. High ping game searches on modern warefare - Similar Threads - High ping game

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  4. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  5. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  6. High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise: I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can and I’m starting to think it’s my Xbox since...
  7. Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.: I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and I just cannot find the right adjustments....
  8. : High ping in game

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : High ping in game: : High ping in game Hello Fordfourx4, Thank you for your post. I understand you have some concerns over your ping while playing games in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. To troubleshoot this please...
  9. Xbox server high ping and choppy game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox server high ping and choppy game play: About the last month i've been having 4% packet loss high latency and low up load speed in tests. Game play choppy laggy players move faster then they should which means game is playing catch up...
  10. high ping and game lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    high ping and game lag: I recently purchased XBox One and also a Live membership. When I play Rocket League in particular it shows my PING is very high, in the 300s. Game plays but does lag. Can someone tell me what...