high ping and game lag

Discus and support high ping and game lag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased XBox One and also a Live membership. When I play Rocket League in particular it shows my PING is very high, in the 300s. Game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BackwardWave324, Apr 15, 2017.

1. high ping and game lag

I recently purchased XBox One and also a Live membership.

When I play Rocket League in particular it shows my PING is very high, in the 300s. Game plays but does lag.

Can someone tell me what PING is and what level it should be. how do i fix it.

Please not too technical, this is my first xbox

thanks

:)

BackwardWave324, Apr 15, 2017
  2. HIGH PING AND BAD LAG

Hi all new here just got a xbox 360 from a friend

so trying to play black ops 2 but I got so much lag in the game its unplayable

I am on shaw high speed 50 down and 3 up win I run speedtest.net or ping test my ping is from 5sm to 10

But when I go in to black ops my ping Is like from 200 to 300 ms what gives

Thanks for any help

MessyPoem1560, Apr 15, 2017
  3. apna style
    apna style Guest
    HIGH PING AND BAD LAG

welcome to blops 2 these issues with lag started with it's release and continue to today

apna style, Apr 15, 2017
  4. NENGaming
    NENGaming Guest

high ping and game lag

Ping is a signal sent from one computer to another. The time that ping takes to make it's trip we call latency (quality). So a high ping latency will cause lag. The good news is this is very rarely down to a fault with your Xbox. The problem will be with
    your ISP or your internet equipment such as your router.

There are several things you can do to try and rectify a high ping. You can start by turning off your router and unplugging all cables from the back of it. Leave it for 5 minutes and then plug it all back in.

Get back to me if that doesn't help and we'll try some other stuff high ping and game lag :)

Can I ask who your ISP is? (internet service provider)

NENGaming, Apr 15, 2017
  5. Thankyou, sorry for my delay.

We have tried your suggestion which has dropped it from 396 down to 302, but I assume that is still high. The lag has improved but still there.

I am in Australia with telstra as ISP with nbn.

BackwardWave324, Apr 16, 2017
  6. NENGaming
    NENGaming Guest
    It is a little high. Anything under 100ms latency (or ping) is considered okay for gaming. I think your next move should be to contact your ISP, tell them what's happening and ask them to run some tests on your line/cable to see if there is a fault somewhere.
    It might even be that they are having some issues in your area right now. Before you do that though can you change the eithernet cable that goes from your Xbox to the router. Sometimes they cause issues if they are malfunctioning. A cat 5e eithernet cable
    will be enough.

NENGaming, Apr 17, 2017
  7. taidara
    taidara Guest
    You have the option in Rocket League to select servers based on different regions. If you haven't already, limit your search for servers that are within, or as close-by, to your proximity.

You can also run a basic IP connectivity test through your console's network settings, under 'Detailed Network Statistics'. Please do keep in mind that this server is located in Seattle, WA (US). Let it run a few times, to see if your ping fluxuate, or if
    it stays the same throughout these tests.

taidara, Nov 1, 2018
  8. taidara Win User

high ping and game lag

You have the option in Rocket League to select servers based on different regions. If you haven't already, limit your search for servers that are within, or as close-by, to your proximity.

You can also run a basic IP connectivity test through your console's network settings, under 'Detailed Network Statistics'. Please do keep in mind that this server is located in Seattle, WA (US). Let it run a few times, to see if your ping fluxuate, or if
    it stays the same throughout these tests.
  9. NENGaming Win User

high ping and game lag

It is a little high. Anything under 100ms latency (or ping) is considered okay for gaming. I think your next move should be to contact your ISP, tell them what's happening and ask them to run some tests on your line/cable to see if there is a fault somewhere.
    It might even be that they are having some issues in your area right now. Before you do that though can you change the eithernet cable that goes from your Xbox to the router. Sometimes they cause issues if they are malfunctioning. A cat 5e eithernet cable
    will be enough.
  10. NENGaming Win User

high ping and game lag

Ping is a signal sent from one computer to another. The time that ping takes to make it's trip we call latency (quality). So a high ping latency will cause lag. The good news is this is very rarely down to a fault with your Xbox. The problem will be with
    your ISP or your internet equipment such as your router.

There are several things you can do to try and rectify a high ping. You can start by turning off your router and unplugging all cables from the back of it. Leave it for 5 minutes and then plug it all back in.

Get back to me if that doesn't help and we'll try some other stuff :)

Can I ask who your ISP is? (internet service provider)
  11. BackwardWave324 Win User

high ping and game lag

Thankyou, sorry for my delay.

We have tried your suggestion which has dropped it from 396 down to 302, but I assume that is still high. The lag has improved but still there.

I am in Australia with telstra as ISP with nbn.
  12. NickD54 Win User

Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues

No lag with Ethernet or high ping , I only get high ping on WiFi it’s bad on 2.4gh and only slightly better on 5gh. On PlayStation and other devices I have no issues whatsoever
Thema:

high ping and game lag

1. high ping and game lag - Similar Threads - high ping game

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  4. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  5. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  6. High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise: I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can and I’m starting to think it’s my Xbox since...
  7. Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.: I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and I just cannot find the right adjustments....
  8. : High ping in game

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : High ping in game: : High ping in game Hello Fordfourx4, Thank you for your post. I understand you have some concerns over your ping while playing games in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. To troubleshoot this please...
  9. High ping game searches on modern warefare

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping game searches on modern warefare: Ive been playing modern warefare a lot recently and it seems like whenever I search for a game, keep in mind I really only play hardcore tdm and free for all, that it starts by saying searching...
  10. Xbox server high ping and choppy game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox server high ping and choppy game play: About the last month i've been having 4% packet loss high latency and low up load speed in tests. Game play choppy laggy players move faster then they should which means game is playing catch up...